There are 247 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Saw the interview clips with him and a couple others and he looks slim. Looks like this guy is taking the weight thing seriously and, training hard. Granted he's sitting down but he certainly doesn't look 350 pounds right now.

Once he gets with our vets and coaches I think we may have a diamond.

Wouldn't that be epic!?!
NC, I also thot Kwame was the prototype, too....and that didn't turn out too well. But this is an entirely different big. I think if he shows promise he gets the nod over the pick before him, just based on massive-ness.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NC, I also thot Kwame was the prototype, too....and that didn't turn out too well. But this is an entirely different big. I think if he shows promise he gets the nod over the pick before him, just based on massive-ness.

Massive-ness is right!
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/13472/49ers-o-line-draftees-familiar-with-each-other

Brown, though, is massive at 6-foot-8, 355 pounds and said he lost 30 pounds in the three weeks between the Senior Bowl and the combine.

"As soon as I got here off the plane, we immediately started and got a nutrition plan together for me," Brown said. "I'm going to continue to eat healthy and the workout plan here is great. So I'm just going to continue this healthy lifestyle."

Sounds like he has a great attitude about it and should be good to go moving forward.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/13472/49ers-o-line-draftees-familiar-with-each-other

Brown, though, is massive at 6-foot-8, 355 pounds and said he lost 30 pounds in the three weeks between the Senior Bowl and the combine.

"As soon as I got here off the plane, we immediately started and got a nutrition plan together for me," Brown said. "I'm going to continue to eat healthy and the workout plan here is great. So I'm just going to continue this healthy lifestyle."

Sounds like he has a great attitude about it and should be good to go moving forward.

He looks great already and weight won't be a problem here, that's for sure! Great find!
I want Trent Brown to start @ RT. Anthony Davis I was a huge fan of, but his s**tty attitude is growing on me. I remember when he came out he had question marks about his desire for the game and his personality.

This past year I know he was injured, but I felt his vibe and it's not a team first vibe. He's like a Vernon pre Singletary personality.

I hope Tomsula sees through his crap and benches him in favor of Trent.
We aren't going to bench AD for some rookie.

You guys want everybody but Staley replaced. Remember Kap running around, that's what will happen if we just throw rookies out there to block.
Lol AD isn't going anywhere
There's a huge difference between saying that a raw 7th rounder looks surprisingly agile for his weight and saying that he should start immediately. He's got a long way to go. Davis has his warts, but he's a good RT when healthy.
Lol I like to be optimistic about rookies but some of you take it to a whole other level. Some 7th rounder who may not even make the roster ain't gonna take Davis' spot his rookie year.

So you want to replace a pro bowl caliber RT with a 7th round rookie? Please tell me more.
Anthony Davis is probably the most under-appreciated and underrated player on the team. He'd be a starter for most teams.
Not happening, Davis is a better RT than Brown is right now, and it doesn't make sense to pay him so much to bench him, only save $437,500.
NO!
Share 49ersWebzone