LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
All I have to say is "put in some Larry Allen tape!". If this guy can be 80% of that dude...
Originally posted by Geeked:
All I have to say is "put in some Larry Allen tape!". If this guy can be 80% of that dude...

Get him lifting with cowboy stat.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... I'd like to see this coaching staff work him at the NT position and start a New Wave of that position..

.. Like the old Howard Schenellenberger used to say, " FIND ME MY HUGE DL FIRST AND WE CAN ALWAYS TURN HIM INTO AN OL LATER" ...
Anybody remember when we had Leonard Davis? Probably will be playing the same role
He might not be agile enough to block well on a consistent basis.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

that's why im thinking he would just be in jumbo packages but i don't know if Geed runs those plays. Would be smart to get this kid on the field though
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need the video of him dunking...yes...dunking!

Was he dunking donuts or basketballs.

Totally agree.

Larry Allen was absolutely incredible.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Totally agree.

Larry Allen was absolutely incredible.

lol....don't even go down that rode, trying to compare him to Allen is ridiculous.
If he runs out to be 20% as good as Larry Allen then we got ourselves a major steal.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need the video of him dunking...yes...dunking!

Was he dunking donuts or basketballs.

Lol. I'm pretty sure BOTH!
Screw the Larry Allen talk, a more realistic example would be King Dunlap. Give him a year or two to slim down and refine his footwork/technique then see what he can do.
why did he fall to the 7th?
He has the size, and you can't coach size, hopefully he has the pass pro skills, and some mobility. Baulk's love of huge slow linemen, has made us a great power run team. It has also made us a horrible screen, sweep, and edge running team, there is always a trade off. I would rather have had a more mobile set of linemen, but we are who Baalkie says we are, and we are all power, all between the tackles, and that aint bad! Hope to see this offense punch a few teams in the mouth this season.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

that's why im thinking he would just be in jumbo packages but i don't know if Geed runs those plays. Would be smart to get this kid on the field though

One thing we did do a good job of was getting some of these younger guys playing time in that way. Not only did allow them a chance to show what they could do on the field, it gave the coaches something to use as a teaching/learning tool to review and refine the players game. That's a big aid in a players' development. How do you truly know how you measure up and what you need to improve on out there if you never get the chance to see the field?
Share 49ersWebzone