LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by jcs:
Who's to say solly won't eventually develop, it took AA 5 seasons to finally show up

So tired of this comparison. There are so many reasons why this isnt even close to the same thing.

You can't possibly know how Solly will develop. Fans are WAY too quick with the "bust" label, especially for linemen.

Never claimed to know how Solly will develop. Just said that I am tired of the AA to Solly comparisons, because they arent even remotely similar.
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
Who's to say solly won't eventually develop, it took AA 5 seasons to finally show up

So tired of this comparison. There are so many reasons why this isnt even close to the same thing.

You can't possibly know how Solly will develop. Fans are WAY too quick with the "bust" label, especially for linemen.

Never claimed to know how Solly will develop. Just said that I am tired of the AA to Solly comparisons, because they arent even remotely similar.

Notice how he's not compared to guys who didn't develop. Classic case of cherry picking.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 21, 2020 at 1:52 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Niners_D:
From what I understand, at the end of the third year of a rookie contract, it can be re-negotiated. Would Thomas be willing to be extended at a reduced rate? That could help the cap space and possibly bring back Armstead.

That would be one of the options. Thomas would accept it because he doesn't have enough film to get much elsewhere.
Think this guy could have a huge game wrecking the inside of that Chiefs oline to help pressure Mahomes

No kidding.

The point is it isn't uncommon for linemen to need a few years before you really know what you have. Skill players have often lost a step before the hogs are even reaching their prime. There are countless examples. AA happens to be one of them.

A lot of people wrote AA off prematurely. They were wrong. That's the comparison. No one thinks AA and Solly are similar players, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
[ Edited by GoldBrick on Jan 21, 2020 at 9:16 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Salary cap is set to explode upward. Perhaps starting in 2020, and no later than 2021.

Time to extend this dude to a massive deal along with Kittle and Ward.
I have a feeling this guy is going to refuse to be blocked today. Let's eat, AA.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I have a feeling this guy is going to refuse to be blocked today. Let's eat, AA.

We need one our Lineman to have an MVP type day!
Originally posted by Heroism:

Hope he wreaks havoc all game long inside today
AA was disruptive tonight, but ultimately didnt make many plays.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Lost containment too many times.

Lost containment too many times.

For sure. When he played end he took the inside too often allowing Mahomes to get out of the pocket. That hurt us. Bosa and Buckner had excellent games, the other guys on the line didn't help the cause much.
[ Edited by Niners_D on Feb 2, 2020 at 11:08 PM ]
He only looked better this year because of the guys around him. Let him walk.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

I agree. Let him walk. He will not be worth whatever money his agent will demand.

And I will not even bother to debate it. I'm gonna be taking a sabbatical from the webzone for the next 6 months. I need a new hobby. Just tired of watching this product and getting f**ked over.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Who are you replacing him with?
Share 49ersWebzone