LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 251 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
AA was disruptive tonight, but ultimately didnt make many plays.

Lost containment too many times.

Whitner singled him out on this on the CSN postgame.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Salary cap is set to explode upward. Perhaps starting in 2020, and no later than 2021.

Time to extend this dude to a massive deal along with Kittle and Ward.

Its only going up 8 - 12 million in 2020

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/projected-2020-nfl-salary-cap-good-news-bears
Ready to trade armstead for 2 2's or a 1
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

What.....? What team is dumb enough to trade for him when hes an upcoming FA. Unless you think we'll franchise tag him?
Just came out but sounds like they are going to be moving on from Arik. 2 high a price

That is not how being a free agent works
Originally posted by socal1632:
Just came out but sounds like they are going to be moving on from Arik. 2 high a price

These reports come out about various players on teams this time of year and prove incorrect. There are plenty of ways the niners can open up cap space this off-season. I've read people way smarter than me on the cap outline ways that we can keep Armstead, as well as pay Kittle and Buckner. We'll see in about a month and a half. I think he stays.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 3, 2020 at 9:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

These reports come out about various players on teams this time of year and prove incorrect. There are plenty of ways the niners can open up cap space this off-season. I've read people way smarter than me on the cap outline ways that we can keep Armstead, as well as pay Kittle and Buckner. We'll see in about a month and a half. I think he stays.
They probably don' t want 4 huge deals along the line. (Ford, Bosa, buckner. )
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Feb 3, 2020 at 9:27 AM ]
We can afford him if Jet takes a paycut, and we can unload either/both Goodwin and Solly.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

They probably don' t want 4 huge deals along the line. (Ford, Bosa, buckner. )

Bosa isn't on a huge deal.

I know Armstead is the least "sexy" of our defensive linemen and he didn't flash during the Super Bowl, but he had one helluva year and does a lot of dirty work. I don't know if this year is a flash in the pan or not, but I would be hesitant to let him walk. If we can bring our guys back along with DJ, Day and the guy that got hurt trying to tackle Russell Wilson, we will be fine. I still want to add another quality rusher in the draft though
I feel like we should just franchise and run it back this season on defense. Draft a safety and DB high and hope for the best. What made us better than other pass rushers is we had both Interior and outside pass rusher. We just lost too many guys in Blair, Jones, and Taylor, and Moore. He dissapointed me though, let Mahomes scramble way too much.
[ Edited by S41MAN on Feb 3, 2020 at 9:31 AM ]
Definitely understand signing him long term is a challenge. But we at the very least should franchise him so we have one final run with this group
he was great this season but I believe it to be a product of everyone around him. I'm not locking him to a big deal unless I truly believed he was the ace on the D-Line and I believe he's not.

Team friendly deal or I'm letting him test the market... although I'd hate to see him end up in Seattle.

EDIT: Didn't think about franchising him because if he has a similar year next year he will cost even more down the line.
[ Edited by MoeJontana84 on Feb 3, 2020 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

That is not how being a free agent works

Yes it does
Share 49ersWebzone