LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 144 users in the forums

How long will the Seahawks Dominate our division

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by znk916:
pray that Lynch goes elsewhere or retires

they're toast when he leaves
Originally posted by THEB:
they are far from "Dominating" our division. This year or any year.

Agreed. The Patriots dominate their division. The Seahawks are legit contenders.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by znk916:
pray that Lynch goes elsewhere or retires

they're toast when he leaves

Running backs are a dime a dozen in todays NFL, their draft value has decreased and this years class looks very strong on paper.
If the niners and cards hadn't had so many injuries as well as the Aldon and daryl Washington suspensions this division may have turned out very different. The seahawks were very fortunate to have such a low injury rate to key players this year.

The defense was playing well below its standard with just the little time wagner was out. Imagine if they lost all we did. Domination is an illusion. Every team on every season is just a couple key injuries away from falling from grace. There's a lot of luck involved in this league too.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM ]
The Seahawks, like any other team in the salary cap era, are a couple injuries away from a losing record. That being said, I would hate to see them lose out because of injuries. I want our guys to destroy their fighting spirit on the field.
I'm more concerned about getting our own house in order than what they do in that rainy seafood store up north.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rascal:

But, dominating the NFC West will also depend on how they compare with the other teams in the division. All the other 3 teams including ourselves have something in common, that is they don't have an exceptional QB who can handle that kind of pressure from their No. 1 ranked D. Carson Palmer did it once, but he is injured, old and will not last forever.

Is that when he was throwing for like 4 interceptions or what. Kaepernick is the best QB to match up with that team in this division because he presents nearly as many issues for them defensively as Wilson does to other teams. Even they were surprised last game that he wasn't running the ball much, even with wide open lanes. Whether that is on Kaepernick or the coaching staff, they can't afford to pass up on what otherwise would be a huge advantage.

The X factor that nobody has brought up is that the running game has done jack s**t versus Seattle recently until the most recent game where Hyde went buck wild on them for awhile Kaepernick has largely been THE running game while Gore was averaging like 2 yards a carry. The biggest step forward for them to start beating that team is to be able to run the ball on them effectively and consistently. Once they can do that, it opens up a lot of other stuff, Kaepernick just has to be smarter about how he goes after that defense and ultimately this offense needs more speed at receiver and a hopefully healthy VD to stretch them out a bit more.

I personally think we would have beaten them in Seattle this year had both Gore and Hyde not gone down with injuires. Kap wasn't gunslingin' it out there and we were playing smart football. That is how you beat Seattle. That is why Alex Smith was successful against them. You take what Seattle offers and don't make stupid mistakes (ie turnovers) you stand a very good chance of beating them. It isn't like Seattle is out here racking up yards upon yards on us. We shoot ourselves in the foot and they take advantage of it.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No doubt having a great QB puts you in position to win the division consistently. Brady and Manning certainly did that, but it also had to do with the other teams in the division never getting their s**t together. The Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Jaguars, Texans, Titans....that was their competition. Not minimizing what they did, they are great, but the divisional battles would have been more interesting if their opponents weren't some of the most dysfunctional franshises in the sport.

Ultimately, the 49ers can't really control what Seattle does. They have their pieces in place and their success is earned. The 49ers have to do the same. Just worry about ourselves and building the team the right way. We can compete with these guys for the division. No doubt in my mind.

You took the words out of my mouth, look at those pathetic teams New England has had to beat year in and year out, its like a guaranteed 6 wins every year, same with the Colts. Seattle will start to fall apart next year when Wilson gets his 100 million. You can't keep everybody and they will start to read their press clippings. And Lynch can't continue to take the pounding he does, it all falls apart rather quickly in the Not For Long league.
A bettor question is when is somebody going to put them in their place and blow them out. Slam a little humility on them. That's what I want to see. In the past three years, since Wilson has been there, they have only
lost by more than 7 points only once(in the few games they have lost) I believe, and that was a 10 point loss. So in three years, even the games they have lost, they have been in every game.

Don't we all want to see them get their ass's handed to them?

And hopefully we are the ones who gives them the ass kicking.
It may be bad football karma but we're pretty much bottomed out, so I'm hoping Fischer and his boys play especially filthy this weekend and inflict some pre-playoff damage on their roster.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM ]

probably when they have to pay wilson and lynch leaves. next year?
he probably will become the highest paid QB. they have to pay him more than kap, and hopefully that starts to hurt them.
the answer is fUrEvUr! They r thuh best teAm EvUr.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
he probably will become the highest paid QB. they have to pay him more than kap, and hopefully that starts to hurt them.

Unless he continues to improve. Kaeps contract wasn't bad until he stunk it up this year.
Originally posted by trooper49:
A bettor question is when is somebody going to put them in their place and blow them out. Slam a little humility on them. That's what I want to see. In the past three years, since Wilson has been there, they have only
lost by more than 7 points only once(in the few games they have lost) I believe, and that was a 10 point loss. So in three years, even the games they have lost, they have been in every game.

Don't we all want to see them get their ass's handed to them?

And hopefully we are the ones who gives them the ass kicking.

True -- they've always been in games -- unbelievable. And you're incorrect -- that loss was against SD this year and it was by 9 points. So they have never lost a game by 10 pts or more. In that same time frame, our very own 49ers have lost 9 games by 10 pts or more.
Share 49ersWebzone