LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

2nd Favriote Team?

Shop 49ers game tickets
lol i like the raiders. on the low tho...if the 49ers aint playing, i wont have a favorite team, however ill be rooting for the underdog team always, or the team that knocked us off. or a team facing a division rival or if its two division rivals playing one another..than lower record between rams/cards>seahawks
Buzz is that you?
SF Giants
[ Edited by Wrathman on May 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM ]
I find myself rooting for the bills if I ever catch a game but not a fan by any means. I don't follow them
The Charlotte 49ers basketball team. Bout it
No.
Can't be a die hard niner fan and then root for a second team.

Only root for another team if it benefits the niners, i.e. any other team that beats our division rivals and doesn't hurt us in the standings.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I think my answer would be obvious.

Whatever team Alex Smith is on?
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Or Joe Montana, or Ronnie Lott and Roger Craig, or Jerry Rice when they were playing (not Owens because he was an ass and I partially blame him for the collapse of the 9ers)...but yeah for right now Alex Smith.
I live in Charlotte so I'll root for the panthers when they aren't playing my 49ers. I'll also root for the Chiefs the same way because I like Alex and Holmgren.

Or Joe Montana, or Ronnie Lott and Roger Craig, or Jerry Rice when they were playing (not Owens because he was an ass and I partially blame him for the collapse of the 9ers)...but yeah for right now Alex Smith.

I sorta like the Chargers from my years being stationed down there, but I'm not going to start pulling for a team just because a 49er player I liked went to that team. No one did more for 49ers than Montana, and no one idolized him more than me, but once he went to KC he was just an opposing QB on a team I had no interest in rooting for.

To each his own.
lag post
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM ]

I sorta like the Chargers from my years being stationed down there, but I'm not going to start pulling for a team just because a 49er player I liked went to that team. No one did more for 49ers than Montana, and no one idolized him more than me, but once he went to KC he was just an opposing QB on a team I had no interest in rooting for.

To each his own.

Were you at the stadium when Montana played us? More people were rooting for Montana over the 9ers than you might imagine.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Can't be a die hard niner fan and then root for a second team.

Only root for another team if it benefits the niners, i.e. any other team that beats our division rivals and doesn't hurt us in the standings.
This. I'll root for whoever is playing against the Seahawks but that's about it.

To each his own.

Were you at the stadium when Montana played us? More people were rooting for Montana over the 9ers than you might imagine.

Not there, watched in on MNF. Just means a bunch of people bigger fans of Montana than of the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone