LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

2nd Favriote Team?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Tie between the Patriots and Chiefs
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
for the love of god,,, second favorite team my ass,, you have one favorite team in the niners and then you hate everyone else,, what is so hard about this for some to get?
The SF Giants
I like to follow ex 49er players to see how they are doing but there is only 1 team.
[ Edited by saj4423 on May 29, 2014 at 4:43 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The 49er back ups
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hell no
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I do not have a 2nd team but do admire the Patriots for having an outstanding head coach and Tom Brady and how innovative they are in the passing game makes me miss Bill Walsh.

The Packers whom are running the west coast offence with Aaron Rodgers also makes me remember the good old days. Hopefully the 49ers can open things up with the amount of talent they have on offence.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Gamecocks
I have to admit that I never liked the Chargers but I grew up in Novato with Mike McCoy and played Pop Warner the same time as him (I was older and on a different team) and then worked with him at Novato Park and Rec...so now, if they aren't playing the Niners, I'll root for the Chargers and Mike McCoy. But I won't go out of my way to watch a Charger game.
[ Edited by Black24Razor on May 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
for the love of god,,, second favorite team my ass,, you have one favorite team in the niners and then you hate everyone else,, what is so hard about this for some to get?

The only "thing hard to get" is on your end... which is that as individuals, we can choose who we like on our own. You probably should know this by now, but the older one gets.. the less one gives a flying fig about whether anyone else can accept that level of independent thinking or not. We make our choices based on our own happiness.. not over some forced guilt applied by what others think we should think or do.

I think it's great that YOU love the Niners and I wouldn't have an issue over you liking another team. Like dude said, TO EACH HIS OWN. No need to try and force your take on others or get seemingly flustered because others do not think the same as you. Having adopted a 2nd team myself, I easily had the absolute best non-SB season ever as I watched last season's football. Having two teams to give a crap about doubled my pleasure. There are limits for me, of course. Can't say I have the time to really add more teams to put that level of attention on.

My 2nd favorite team is the team playing the Seahawks that Sunday/

I'm first and foremost a 49er fan, but i am also a football fan and watch all the games (red-zone on Sunday and also the Monday & Thursday night games) an I do find myself rooting for other teams or players but there's usually a fantasy football incentive involved. I do watch the Raider games closely, but I wouldn't say I root for them.

Outside of the 49ers, I watch a lot of college football and the teams I root for and enjoy watching the most are LSU and Oregon.
My second favorite team is any team that beats the s**t out of Seattle or Da Raiders
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I think my answer would be obvious.

Whatever team Alex Smith is on?

Or Joe Montana, or Ronnie Lott and Roger Craig, or Jerry Rice when they were playing (not Owens because he was an ass and I partially blame him for the collapse of the 9ers)...but yeah for right now Alex Smith.

I sorta like the Chargers from my years being stationed down there, but I'm not going to start pulling for a team just because a 49er player I liked went to that team. No one did more for 49ers than Montana, and no one idolized him more than me, but once he went to KC he was just an opposing QB on a team I had no interest in rooting for.

To each his own.

Were you at the stadium when Montana played us? More people were rooting for Montana over the 9ers than you might imagine.

Not there, watched in on MNF. Just means a bunch of people bigger fans of Montana than of the 49ers.

There were a lot of people pissed that we let go of a four time super bowl winner and the best QB in NFL history.
Originally posted by trogdor:
I live in Charlotte so I'll root for the panthers when they aren't playing my 49ers. I'll also root for the Chiefs the same way because I like Alex and Holmgren.

Holmgren was cool, but think ya mean andy reid? He does kinda look related to holmgren tho!
I used to root for titans for eddie george.... Now i root for alex, unless vs'ing us niners!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
London Shaguars. Warriors. SF Giants. Sharks. Sabercats. SJ Spartans .... I'll be rooting for the Browns (sometimes) too... unless I have a wager against them
Share 49ersWebzone