There are 164 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
BOOM, saw this s**t coming. Good depth for little in return.

Oddly enough Phoenix, so did I. Was going to post in a week ago in the Surprize Baalke Move thread, or whatever it is called, but was way to drunk to type.

Think its great, unless we gave up alot, but knowing Trents moves we dont. We need more linemen to compete, with all the negatives about him, most teams (Jets, CHI, DAL) wouldnt touch him. You had to know MIA was looking to get rid of him for a song to get rid of the media. So he had to come to a strong team with a strong locker room. We made sense. So did GB, NE......... Glad he's here, hope he does well and earns a spot on the 53.
Harbaugh will make a man out of this lil b***h lol
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Talent? Dude was one of the worst OT in the NFL the last 2 years

Yeah and playing for such a stable franchise and being in such a stable locker room too. lol.
He's one of Harbaugh's guys from Stanford...and thinks a lot of him. Unfortunately, Martin got caught up in a bad situation in Miami...if I was the owner I'd have cleaned house with that mess. Anyway, he's got good OL skills, and has versatility. That's never a bad thing to acquire, so I welcome Jonathan to the Niner family. Could be another measure to prepare for Iupati's seemingly inevitable departure.
This is Baalke's peace offering to Harbaugh.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
There is no way we gave up a 5th. Probably a 7th in 2015

Conditional 7th but could be high as a 5th in 2015
From everything I heard (may be wrong) he wasnt playing very well in Miami... Something like he didn't play tough
Originally posted by cory4903:
The remaining 2 years on Martins contract are non guaranteed. That is a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if we traded a 6th or 7th that can move up to a 5 based on pt, or nothing if he doesn't make the team. My guess is that the pick is for '15

The pick IS for 2015, not 2014.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Tattletale... next up is Michael Sam
I can dig it

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
This is Baalke's peace offering to Harbaugh.

Or the result of Harbaugh winning a power struggle.

I keed, I keed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cory4903:
The remaining 2 years on Martins contract are non guaranteed. That is a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if we traded a 6th or 7th that can move up to a 5 based on pt, or nothing if he doesn't make the team. My guess is that the pick is for '15

The pick IS for 2015, not 2014.

Great. That is what I figured.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Talent? Dude was one of the worst OT in the NFL the last 2 years

He had a very good rookie year as a starting RT. The Dolphins were banking him on making a smooth transition to LT and he bombed. He is a solid RT and his future may be at Left Guard....

That's completely false
Jonathan Martin, OT
Draft: Second round, 42nd overall
Snaps/Usage: Started all 16 games, 11 at right tackle and five at left tackle

Notes: It was a tough season for Martin regardless of which side he lined up. His -22.0 grade placed him 76th out of the top 80 tackles and his 92.0 PBE ranked 50th out of 52. His five starts at left tackle came after starter Jake Long went down to injury and with Long’s pending free agent status, Martin may stay there long term. No matter which side he plays, Martin must show improvement after a difficult rookie campaign.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/04/rookie-recap-afc-east/
  • thl408
Another low risk- medium reward type move. Just like Gabbert. What's not to like?
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Toby signed in Jax. How bout a corner or WR you know someone that will start or play in packages.
Share 49ersWebzone