LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

the nfl should be embarassed

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
The NFL doesn't care about officiating. The NFL is not considered a sport. The NFL is legally classified as "Sports Entertainment" just like the WWE. The NFL does and will continue to use officiating to steer games and seasonal outcomes the direction they prefer.

You said it! The idea is to keep the viewer watching. The late Pete Rozelle had a dream that every team would finish 8-8 so viewers would watch every game. You could be the most inept owner in the NFL and still make a billion dollars. I remember a story about Joe Namath speaking to Jets owner Sonny Werblin and his wife. Joe was upset about the way he was treated by the NFL, Werblin's wife laughed and said, Joe it's entertainment.
Worth the read if you believe in conspiracy theory-

Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit-
http://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html

Thanks, I've read the article and believe it is true. Do you really think the NFL wants the Seahawks to win the SB? SB 50 will be played at Levi Stadium, interesting. Time for the 49ers to recoup?
one poster noted how the league really dodged a bullet when the chawks fumbled after bowman's great play was negated by ref ineptitude, which is a great point...in a way they also avoided more controversy than they have now when andy lee was able to limp off the field after maragos rolled his ankle (you could see how far it bent on replay)..if lee had a broken ankle and couldnt have kicked more, the league would have even more to account for (though maybe if he had been more injured they would have called roughing),,as it was harbaugh said they chose to deny the penalty, rather then punt again, in part because lee was limping
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

To say the players care mostly about money and don't want to win is completely foolish. All you have to do is look at the winning team after the game compared to the losing team, especially when the play-offs hit. The losers are hanging their heads the winners are jumping for joy. Also if the games are fixed what would a compassionate filthy rich owner like Jerry Jones do if his Cowboys were on the wrong side of the fix? How many field officials work NFL games? At least more than 100, you think you would be able to keep them all quiet after they retire? You have all kinds of ex college players talking about receiving money and gifts that were against the rules, you don't think ex NFL officials would talk? Anybody who thinks the NFL constantly rigs games must also have believed the Iraqi information minister.
All the officiating gaffes would been for s**t had Aldon not jumped offsides in the 4th, because I firmly believe they're not making the comeback
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Thanks, I've read the article and believe it is true. Do you really think the NFL wants the Seahawks to win the SB? SB 50 will be played at Levi Stadium, interesting. Time for the 49ers to recoup?

the formula has been pretty straightforward:
build a new stadium, get a SB appearance.
if the 49ers win in 14-15 i will be happy...but also a little....skeptical?

that sherman rant was straight outta wrestlemania, setting up for next year, making them the obvious "bad guys" going against mannings "good guys"
Share 49ersWebzone