LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (SUPER BOWL XLVIII)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
This one will interest me a lot. Seattle will not be able to put 8 or 9 men at the LOS. If they do, Peyton Manning will burn them. Denver has three big strong receivers (Thomas, Thomas and Decker) that can compete physically with the Seahawk secondary….and then there is Welker. Seattle has not faced anything even close to that talent this year. Sherman is going to have all he can handle there.

As good as the Seattle front 7 is, without those extra two DBs in run support, Denver will be able to run the ball. Denver has three RBs that can bang and run with speed. That is another area that Seattle has not had to face.

Gonna be fun.

the closest in terms of overall personnel was healthy ATL in last years playoffs
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dj43:
This one will interest me a lot. Seattle will not be able to put 8 or 9 men at the LOS. If they do, Peyton Manning will burn them. Denver has three big strong receivers (Thomas, Thomas and Decker) that can compete physically with the Seahawk secondary….and then there is Welker. Seattle has not faced anything even close to that talent this year. Sherman is going to have all he can handle there.

As good as the Seattle front 7 is, without those extra two DBs in run support, Denver will be able to run the ball. Denver has three RBs that can bang and run with speed. That is another area that Seattle has not had to face.

Gonna be fun.

I might go buy a Broncos hat for the game.

I wouldn't go that far but yeah

I would get a jersey but if i'm spending that much, i'm getting a Bowman jersey. He deserves by money.

I will go as far as to say I'm a Broncos fan for the next two weeks. And I've hated the Broncos for 20+ years. Always liked Manning, which makes the whole thing easier.
Lets go Donkey's!
I hope Welker trucks the s**t out of Sherman like he did Talib yesterday.
what scares me is peytons ability to be very un-clutch. yeah he got the 1 ring, but he pissed away another super bowl on a pick 6 and going back to college he was 0-4 vs his main rival florida. i want them to win, but his s**t the bed moments and their secondary have me thinking seattle wins.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I hope Welker trucks the s**t out of Sherman like he did Talib yesterday.

no chance lol, cam chancellor is a beast in the back too, denver loses this one
The truth of the matter is that Seattle is not going to be able to beat Denver outside of their own stadium.

1. Before yesterday's game, most of the pundits said something like "The 49ers are the better team but because of this stadium, the Seahawks will win."
  2. In 2012, the Seahawks were 8-0 at home, 3-5 away, with losses to the Cardinals (5-11) and the Dolphins (7-9) and two of the three wins against the Panthers (7-9) and the Bills (6-10)
  3. The Seahawks were better away from home in 2013, going 6-2, but won by an average of single digits (compared to double at home) and squeaked by Carolina (before they put it together), Houston (worst team in the league, in overtime), Arizona, and St. Louis, before beating up on Atlanta and New York (combined record of 11-21).
Seattle f**king sucks. I can't wait for Payton to light them up. I hope Dick Sherman gets laid out. f**king trash.
Originally posted by augustred:
The truth of the matter is that Seattle is not going to be able to beat Denver outside of their own stadium.

1. Before yesterday's game, most of the pundits said something like "The 49ers are the better team but because of this stadium, the Seahawks will win."
  2. In 2012, the Seahawks were 8-0 at home, 3-5 away, with losses to the Cardinals (5-11) and the Dolphins (7-9) and two of the three wins against the Panthers (7-9) and the Bills (6-10)
  3. The Seahawks were better away from home in 2013, going 6-2, but won by an average of single digits (compared to double at home) and squeaked by Carolina (before they put it together), Houston (worst team in the league, in overtime), Arizona, and St. Louis, before beating up on Atlanta and New York (combined record of 11-21).

re: #3
Actually, in 2013, the Hawks won by an average of 18.2 points at home and 11.8 on the road.
They lost by an average of only 4.6 points.

Should be an interesting Super Bowl matchup in the context of the #1 O vs the #1 D (not to mention the personalities involved )
Broncos scored an average of 11.8 points per game more than the Hawks.
Hawks gave up an average of 10.5 points per game fewer than the Broncos.
Something's gotta give

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
This is 16th time that the defense that allowed fewest pts in NFL has made the Super Bowl since the merger. The previous 15 went 12-3

I wish this damn game was tomorrow. Supposed to be 100% chance of snow with 5 to 7 inches of accumulation and 20+ mph winds. They both deserve to play in that s**t. The extended forecast for East Rutherford into the middle of next week looks like a chance for some cold snowy weather even that close to the Super Bowl. I want to see a 20° blizzard with high winds and 8 inches snow mostly to make Goodelle look like a complete a**hole.
Fitting its the Super Bowl with both teams from the two states that legalize pot.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I wish this damn game was tomorrow. Supposed to be 100% chance of snow with 5 to 7 inches of accumulation and 20+ mph winds. They both deserve to play in that s**t. The extended forecast for East Rutherford into the middle of next week looks like a chance for some cold snowy weather even that close to the Super Bowl. I want to see a 20° blizzard with high winds and 8 inches snow mostly to make Goodelle look like a complete a**hole.

circumstances mentioned..... advantage seahawks............
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

haha....that's great!
Share 49ersWebzone