LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Comments by Seahawk fans...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
As far as the Seattle DB's tactics, it isn't actually holding all the time. There is some grabbing at times, but all corners will do some of that. What I notice from Seattle is more strength related. Arm bars to knock a receiver off their route, or hinder progress ... using their bodies in general for the same reason. I think that the Seattle model of CB's will be mirrored by many teams. Strict cover corners are rare, but a Addrealled up (errr ... strong and attentive) player is easier to come by.

What I would do if I was a receiver is swing down right on top of the DB's arm when it is either holding or hindering. If anything it would draw the refs attention to it.

Yep, swing the fist down hard on the forearm every time they do it. That will get pretty sore over the course of the game.
Might even cuase them to keep their hands/arms to themselves for once.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

As for the noise . . .
Home field is supposed to be an advantage. Clearly, in Seattle, it IS just that. If they were 0-8 on the road, then I might agree that their advantage was more because of their unique home field as opposed to their overall talent but, 6-2 on the road sort of dispells that.

The Seahawks were about three plays away from 3-5 on the road this year. And, it's well documented that Paul Allen had that stadium specifically designed to amplify the crowd noise. Is that a crime? No. But let's stop pretending that the Seahawks were not looking for more than your standard home field advantage.
Originally posted by crake49:
The Seahawks were about three plays away from 3-5 on the road this year. And, it's well documented that Paul Allen had that stadium specifically designed to amplify the crowd noise. Is that a crime? No. But let's stop pretending that the Seahawks were not looking for more than your standard home field advantage.

Goes both ways . . . .
They were likely 3 plays from being 8-0 on the road too (considering their 2 losses were for a combined 8 points)

As for the crowd noise . . .
I'm not "pretending" anything.
It's a great advantage ~ when they have a good team ~ though, certainly not fool-proof (see AZ this season)
And not much of one when they don't (see a few seasons of losing records at home)
Originally posted by Matt94520:
I can't help it but I find this topic from the Seahawk fan page really funny. this Seahawk fan seems to be really upset by our fake punt at the end of the Carolina game.

Comment by a displeased Seahawk fan-

"Can somebody please tell me why this is getting virtually ignored and dismissed by the national media?! The Niners were up 2 scores and ran a fake punt with seconds left in the game. Krappernick is caught on camera laughing at it, and the announcers chuckled. WTF?!!!! And just about nothing nationally afterward. If that were the Seahawks and Pete Carroll, it would be this gigantic story. Heck, we ran a fake punt, up big against Buffalo last year, and it was much earlier in the game as well as a regular season game, and there were headlines about it all over the place. I am sick and tired of this media narrative that the Seahawks are dirty punks, when all the reason behind it is our coach chews gun and smiles on the sideline, we have brash personalities on the team, and Harbaugh has been successful in his "Seattle's DB's hold on every play" narrative that he's spread. When in reality, SF is the team that has the coach that loses his mind on every play and screams at the refs incessantly, has perfected the art of the cheap shot after the play, gets helmet to helmet penalties every game, has the punk qb who kisses himself after scoring and disrespects the media every time he has to do an interview, has Anquan Boldin who acts like he's all class but in smacks refs and headbutts players, and who pulls crap like that fake punt. If Seattle did half of that crap, they'd be villified as the dirtiest team in pro sports history. But SF is a legacy franchise, so we get nothing. It's just tough, physical football.I know I'm biased. But if you actually pay close attention, the 49ers are much bigger "thugs" in how they play than we are. Our guys talk a ton and love to celebrate. But when it comes to actually playing the game, they don't do the cheap crap that SF has perfected as an art form. The Niners got away with 2 headbutts yesterday, while Carolina was penalized for one. Bowman took a swing at a Panther with no flag, yet Carolina got penalized for the same thing. And pay attention to Niner defenders after just about every single tackle. They hold down guys with their forearms and shove them into the ground routinely. And don't get me started on Anquan Boldin. for whatever reason he gets respect from the refs for being this distinguished veteran. But he shoves and instigates more than any offensive player in the league. Troy Aikman called him out twice for this yesterday. Said, "We do a lot of SF games, and I see stuff like this from Boldin every game. It needs to stop."Both Seattle and SF are tough, imposing, intimidating teams. I respect the hell out of how good the Niners are. And I know plenty of fans across the country don't like Seattle. But I'm just sick on seeing how different the two teams seem to be treated by the national media. SF, the "legendary legacy franchise" gets far too much of a free pass for the tactics they pull. Their coach doesn't get close to enough criticism for his sideline antics. All the while they overhype and hate on silly things like Pete Carroll smiling and chewing gum. And I blame all of this on the media narratives set nationally. They eat what the media and league wants them to think and run with it like the sheep they are. If fans of others teams watched them as closely and as often as we Seattle fans do, the league and media's narrative wouldn't fly as it does. But whatever. I'd much rather be the team who holds on defense than the team that takes cheap shots after plays.And before you waste time trying to prove to me otherwise, I don't give a crap anything any of the Niner fans here have to say. You love your dirty scum bag team. You view it through entirely different eyes. And I wouldn't expect it to be any other way. You don't like my team, I don't like yours. We can agree on that and save ourselves time arguing otherwise. Peace."

Paragraphs might help to read this
Originally posted by crake49:

Goes both ways . . . .
They were likely 3 plays from being 8-0 on the road too (considering their 2 losses were for a combined 8 points)

As for the crowd noise . . .
I'm not "pretending" anything.
It's a great advantage ~ when they have a good team ~ though, certainly not fool-proof (see AZ this season)
And not much of one when they don't (see a few seasons of losing records at home)

Matt Schaub & DeAngelo Williams were like, "Heeeeeere ya go!"

I ain't even gonna talk about the Rams...
Seahawk fans reek of insecurity and desperation.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Awfully broad brush you're paintin' with there

Me, I'm happy with the fact that the team I follow has made it to the NFCCG (and I'm tickled pink, er, blue and green that they are playing that game at home).
Seems this season was destined to end with a clash of the Hawks and the Niners. As I mentioned previously, the fact that the Niners are coming to Seattle via two road playoff victories is really impressive and it will be a great challenge for the Hawks . . . I'm anxious to see if they're up to the task.
Here's to a REALLY good, competitive game with NO injuries and NO controversial calls ~ may the best team win!

Awfully broad brush you're paintin' with there

Me, I'm happy with the fact that the team I follow has made it to the NFCCG (and I'm tickled pink, er, blue and green that they are playing that game at home).
Seems this season was destined to end with a clash of the Hawks and the Niners. As I mentioned previously, the fact that the Niners are coming to Seattle via two road playoff victories is really impressive and it will be a great challenge for the Hawks . . . I'm anxious to see if they're up to the task.
Here's to a REALLY good, competitive game with NO injuries and NO controversial calls ~ may the best team win!

Of course i'm speaking in generalities.

I know two Seahwks fans and they're scared s**tless, however good dudes. Their was a Seattle radio host on KNBr this morning (forgot his name) and that guy was a total asshat. Then there's the billboard thing and the ticket thing and various other things that to me…..smell like a massive inferiority complex.

I know two Seahwks fans and they're scared s**tless, however good dudes. Their was a Seattle radio host on KNBr this morning (forgot his name) and that guy was a total asshat. Then there's the billboard thing and the ticket thing and various other things that to me…..smell like a massive inferiority complex.

Maybe. But, since their team has that "tumbleweed trophy case", it's understandable, right?
Then again, maybe you're mistaking an inferiority complex for good-old fashioned fun of following a winning team ~ enjoying it while it lasts . . . .
I like Lisa12. She's actually respectable....unlike the other seahawks fans everywhere else. So classless. I swear that them and the Raiders switched place.

Maybe. But, since their team has that "tumbleweed trophy case", it's understandable, right?
Then again, maybe you're mistaking an inferiority complex for good-old fashioned fun of following a winning team ~ enjoying it while it lasts . . . .

I'm sure that's true for some Hawks fans. But as a whole, no. The body of evidence supports it. Why do Hawks fans hate the Niners so much? Why do many in the Northwest hate Californians? Why do radio hosts in seattle resort to name calling and general douchebaggery when it's they themselves being the douchebags? I listen to sportstalk radio in the bay area all day every day and I never hear such things.

If I were a Hawks fan I'd probably be mad that my division rival had unbelievable success, had ten years of misery and my team did almost nothing in that span. And guess what, now they're good again. That would be enough to make me want to jump off the space needle. (Metaphorically )
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I like Lisa12. She's actually respectable....unlike the other seahawks fans everywhere else. So classless. I swear that them and the Raiders switched place.

agreed
To be honest, I see much more respect for the Niners and the game in general on the Hawk site right now than I do here. Maybe it is just that the Seahawk threads here are where it is acceptable for the Niner fans to get out all of their Hawk hatred. That is useful, no doubt.

As far as one team focusing on the other with quite unreasonable hatred, I'm gonna have to say Niners are ahead based on what I scanned today. Much more reasonable discussion between the two fan bases being hosted on the Hawk site.

Also agree that Lisa12 is a classy Seahawk fan.
Thanks guys and Alice.
I try to be a good guest and really think I'm more of the typical Seahawks fan . . . at least every Hawks fan I know is more like me than those others that that are referenced (or sometime actually) here. Heck, I'm actually the only Hawks fan I know that posts on a message board ;-)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jan 14, 2014 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yep, swing the fist down hard on the forearm every time they do it. That will get pretty sore over the course of the game.
Might even cuase them to keep their hands/arms to themselves for once.

I don't know why our guys don't do this. The second they put their hands on you karate chop down on them.
Share 49ersWebzone