There are 151 users in the forums

Comments by Seahawk fans...

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can't help it but I find this topic from the Seahawk fan page really funny. this Seahawk fan seems to be really upset by our fake punt at the end of the Carolina game.

Comment by a displeased Seahawk fan-

"Can somebody please tell me why this is getting virtually ignored and dismissed by the national media?! The Niners were up 2 scores and ran a fake punt with seconds left in the game. Krappernick is caught on camera laughing at it, and the announcers chuckled. WTF?!!!! And just about nothing nationally afterward. If that were the Seahawks and Pete Carroll, it would be this gigantic story. Heck, we ran a fake punt, up big against Buffalo last year, and it was much earlier in the game as well as a regular season game, and there were headlines about it all over the place. I am sick and tired of this media narrative that the Seahawks are dirty punks, when all the reason behind it is our coach chews gun and smiles on the sideline, we have brash personalities on the team, and Harbaugh has been successful in his "Seattle's DB's hold on every play" narrative that he's spread. When in reality, SF is the team that has the coach that loses his mind on every play and screams at the refs incessantly, has perfected the art of the cheap shot after the play, gets helmet to helmet penalties every game, has the punk qb who kisses himself after scoring and disrespects the media every time he has to do an interview, has Anquan Boldin who acts like he's all class but in smacks refs and headbutts players, and who pulls crap like that fake punt. If Seattle did half of that crap, they'd be villified as the dirtiest team in pro sports history. But SF is a legacy franchise, so we get nothing. It's just tough, physical football.I know I'm biased. But if you actually pay close attention, the 49ers are much bigger "thugs" in how they play than we are. Our guys talk a ton and love to celebrate. But when it comes to actually playing the game, they don't do the cheap crap that SF has perfected as an art form. The Niners got away with 2 headbutts yesterday, while Carolina was penalized for one. Bowman took a swing at a Panther with no flag, yet Carolina got penalized for the same thing. And pay attention to Niner defenders after just about every single tackle. They hold down guys with their forearms and shove them into the ground routinely. And don't get me started on Anquan Boldin. for whatever reason he gets respect from the refs for being this distinguished veteran. But he shoves and instigates more than any offensive player in the league. Troy Aikman called him out twice for this yesterday. Said, "We do a lot of SF games, and I see stuff like this from Boldin every game. It needs to stop."Both Seattle and SF are tough, imposing, intimidating teams. I respect the hell out of how good the Niners are. And I know plenty of fans across the country don't like Seattle. But I'm just sick on seeing how different the two teams seem to be treated by the national media. SF, the "legendary legacy franchise" gets far too much of a free pass for the tactics they pull. Their coach doesn't get close to enough criticism for his sideline antics. All the while they overhype and hate on silly things like Pete Carroll smiling and chewing gum. And I blame all of this on the media narratives set nationally. They eat what the media and league wants them to think and run with it like the sheep they are. If fans of others teams watched them as closely and as often as we Seattle fans do, the league and media's narrative wouldn't fly as it does. But whatever. I'd much rather be the team who holds on defense than the team that takes cheap shots after plays.And before you waste time trying to prove to me otherwise, I don't give a crap anything any of the Niner fans here have to say. You love your dirty scum bag team. You view it through entirely different eyes. And I wouldn't expect it to be any other way. You don't like my team, I don't like yours. We can agree on that and save ourselves time arguing otherwise. Peace."
the guy must the new to football because he doesn't know to do a situational football.
And we are the whiners?

The fake punt was discussed. The Panthers were bringing the house and most likely would have blocked it and maybe injured Andy. So we just threw a quick out.
Yea if that pass is completed we eat up the clock and Kaep is laughing at Lees noodle arm.
Evidently indentation and paragraph breaks are not part of the school curriculum in Washington state.
[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:48 PM ]
"if you look at it SF are much bigger thugs than we are" that line is gold lol
lol @ "their coach doesn't get close to enough criticism for his sideline antics"

There are literally dozens of gifs making fun of Harbaugh that are circulated by the media. Every major media from FOX, CBS, NFL Network, ESPN, and NBC have all made fun of and called Harbaugh out for his sideline antics on their websites, their pre-game and post-game shows as well as halftime shows. Was it McDonalds that made him say he wants cake.. he wants cake now!!! ?? Or was that something else?

The insecurity of Cawks fans always makes me laugh... living in their own little world completely detached from reality.
what the guy probably doesn't realize is that the panthers sent 11 players to block the punt. There was no kick returner or CB on the gunners. I thought they should have gone for it on 4 and 4 I believe, that way you remove the chance of blocked kick or kick return. Like wise they could have avoided the delay of game and been in field goal range. I think the plan was to punt but that the Lee is probably taught to throw the ball when there is nobody covering him and there is nobody as a returner.

Secondly if he catches the ball, he is not going to score he is going to sit down in bounds so that we can kneel it and go home with out any defensive injuries.

But what ever, always going to be people who are not going to spend anytime applying log and reason and rather just twist things to fuel themselves.
Matt94520:

We are about winning football games. We have an excellent mindset right now. Whatever the game is: outdoor, indoor, away, home, early, late, bad weather, or good weather. Our strategy is to get into the heads of the less experienced teams. Be the bully, push the limits, force the other team to either rise to our level or get penalized. Force them to make poor judgments and to wane late in the game as they fatigue having to play with our O-line and front 7 all day.

At this point, the only identifiable advantage for the Hawks is their secondary. The Niners have a better ST unit, defense over all, passing game, and I'd say it's a push on running games, but we're doing a better job stopping the run on defense.

In similar news, the Seahawks are the most penalized team in the league.
Didn't read the whole comment. I can only take so much stupidity at once.

In regards to the fake punt, we were not trying to run up the score, or embarrass the opponent. The whole point was to get a first down and run out the clock so we didn't have to send the defense back onto the field. We've seen guys get injured playing meaningless snaps in the past. That would have been the last play if Lee completed the pass.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Matt94520:

We are about winning football games. We have an excellent mindset right now. Whatever the game is: outdoor, indoor, away, home, early, late, bad weather, or good weather. Our strategy is to get into the heads of the less experienced teams. Be the bully, push the limits, force the other team to either rise to our level or get penalized. Force them to make poor judgments and to wane late in the game as they fatigue having to play with our O-line and front 7 all day.

At this point, the only identifiable advantage for the Hawks is their secondary. The Niners have a better ST unit, defense over all, passing game, and I'd say it's a push on running games, but we're doing a better job stopping the run on defense.

i dunno man, gore is a stud but lynch's size/speed combo is pretty rare at RB. his size alone has the effect of damaging our defense if we dont pound him with our LBs and dline first. stop lynch and this game is over
The biggest thing the niners have to worry about is their noise box of a stadium
Um we were to close punt, and too far for field goal, so we took a delay of game to get more room to punt. The panthers deliberately jumped off sides to take away the extra 5 yards of punting room, so we went for a fake, gamesmanship, kids, just gamesmanship!
what a complete dumbs**t... they came to block the punt... the gunners were wide open.... what a dips**t...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Matt94520:

Lets be honest.... we do not have a better ST unit the the seacocks... they have allowed like 20 years all SEASON in punt coverage... their ST is really good... I like our front 7 and O better then them tho... we win 2 of the 3 phases so we should win
Share 49ersWebzone