There are 221 users in the forums

Jon Baldwin Has Played His Last Game For The 9ers ?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Not surprising indeed considering Baldwin SUCKS!!!!!! There's a reason he's been a wash out everywhere he's played. I'm sorry. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt but the truth cannot be sugar coated. The coaches see him every day. Maybe he's lazy or he's just not very good period. You blame the coaching staff? How do you know he has the work ethic to succeed? Blaming the offensive coaches for everything on this board is getting old. Now its their fault that Baldwin blows?

BS! I'm seeing teams get by and making playmakers out of mediocre receivers while this team consistently gets nothing out of what they have. Did you watch the Seattle game last night? None of those receivers would be #1 or even #2 guys on a lot if teams and yet they make them look like stars. Look at how Carolina is using Ginn. You cannot convince me this coaching staff cannot do better. If young receivers are always failing here that speaks a lot about the coaching, whose jobs are to develop them and enhance their strengths, not continue this trend of underachieving.
Originally posted by hofer36:
wish niners had aj jenkins back

He caught a pass last Sunday!
Figures
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Not surprising. This coaching staff has done next to nothing to prove they can develop young receivers. Don't like it. It needs to change.

this

Seattle picks up a Harbaugh reject (Doug Baldwin) and Jerome Kearse (who?) to replace Sydney Rice and Percy Harvin, and blows out a team that beat the 49ers. This coaching staff has no clue how to use receivers. They depend on raw talent alone to make the passing game work…or sort of work.

I think this is why we always get experienced vets to sort mask the deficiencies and underdevelopment at wide out. We have VD, we had Moss last year, and now Boldin this year.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

He caught a pass last Sunday!

Bruce Miller is a better receiving option than Jenkins.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Not surprising. This coaching staff has done next to nothing to prove they can develop young receivers. Don't like it. It needs to change.

That is why I have changed my mind in them keeping Crabtree over Iupati if it comes down to it with the salary cap.

He looks better in KC. Strangely a lot better....
if you ever get info like this from some no name BEFORE anyone like the matts report it, you know it just speculation.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He looks better in KC. Strangely a lot better....

I thought the same thing ..... but it is true, we need to do a better job of developing WR's , we cant always trade for established WR's all the time, we need our homegrown WR's to contribute to the success of the team
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Not surprising indeed considering Baldwin SUCKS!!!!!! There's a reason he's been a wash out everywhere he's played. I'm sorry. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt but the truth cannot be sugar coated. The coaches see him every day. Maybe he's lazy or he's just not very good period. You blame the coaching staff? How do you know he has the work ethic to succeed? Blaming the offensive coaches for everything on this board is getting old. Now its their fault that Baldwin blows?

Do you mean to tell me he "sucks" as bad as Ted Ginn who is currently balling for the Panthers who beat us in our house ? Let's face it, there is no excuse for giving up on a player when the guy can perform so much better with another team. That tells me something is wrong with the 9ers.

Then you combine that with the FO, is basically a double whammy. On the one hand, they keep making bad picks such as Ronald Johnson, Kyle Williams and AJ Jenkins and at the same time they can't develop anyone. At this rate, Patton will probably be gone soon too.

• thl408
I think it's true Baldwin has played his last game this season, barring injury. Crabs, Ham, Boldin, and Osgood (special teams) will be the 4 that suit up on gameday. In a 4WR set, VD acts as a WR so only three real WRs are on the field (Ham, Crabs, Boldin). There is no longer a need for Baldwin. The coaching staff has tried to give him the jump ball routes and they have all failed for one reason or another. Unlike when he was with KC and was targeted with poor results (2 years KC: 99 targets/41 catches - yahoo stats), the 49ers will not continue to force the issue with Baldwin. He had his chances and did not achieve any success.

From his comments when he came on board, I don't think work ethic is an issue. He seemed enthusiastic about coming to the 49ers, learning from Boldin, and catching passes from Kap. It just hasn't materialized. I really hope he works on his burst (first two steps after changing direction). I think that is what is most lacking in his game. Notice all the throws that came his way this season, they were all straight ahead routes. No routes that involved cutting and changing direction. It's because he sucks at it and would lose separation when changing direction. He has the size which you can't teach, he needs the coaching staff to step up and guide him. Then he needs Kap to give him a chance.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Do you mean to tell me he "sucks" as bad as Ted Ginn who is currently balling for the Panthers who beat us in our house ? Let's face it, there is no excuse for giving up on a player when the guy can perform so much better with another team. That tells me something is wrong with the 9ers.

Then you combine that with the FO, is basically a double whammy. On the one hand, they keep making bad picks such as Ronald Johnson, Kyle Williams and AJ Jenkins and at the same time they can't develop anyone. At this rate, Patton will probably be gone soon too.

i do not like ginn but rascal said nothing wrong in my opinion. the "golden" front office shares in the blame,,,, and no this has nothing to do with what they have done for us after ten bad years
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
put it this way. this thread will be in the nfl section of the forum in the near future.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Ginn was valuable to the team and he's having a nice year, but he's the fourth leading receiver on the 27th ranked passing offense. I wish we would have kept him too but lets not pretend like we let Calvin Johnson walk.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
They need to stick to these young WR's and give them a chance. They're not going to ever learn by riding the bench!
Share 49ersWebzone