LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
lol pure garbage, one of the main reason why 9ers loss the 2011 NFCC and 2012 SB, and 2013 NFCC. If you have this garbage on the team as your supposed #1 WR, you will CHOKE LOL.

Wrong again

They lost in 2011 because that team didnt have the championship mentality

They lost in 2012 because that defense played like pussies. The defense wasnt playing well heading towards the playoffs and they collapsed in their biggest game

2013: they lost to a hungrier and younger team in seattle.
2012: I think the injuries of the smith's on our D was more the reason then them being pussies. Justin Smith's injury really affected our Defense, but it was clear that the refs were allowing the Ravens to keep committing penalties and not calling anything. The hold on the kickoff return for a TD after 1/2 time, the "fumble" when it was clear fwd progress was stopped on our RB, when in the year before the Giants benefited when we stripped the ball from the RB but the refs called "fwd progress had stopped" so it f**ked us both ways.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dj43:
In another five years, when people look back at highly regarded guys who fell far short of their expectations, Crabtree is going to be in that conversation. Projected to even be a #1 overall by some, he didn't even come close to justifying where he was picked.

Nah. Way too many outright busts for that. The guy had a decent career.

He wasn't a bust. Just well short of what a projected #1 pick should achieve.

That having been said, the foot issues he had his first two years may have cost him some speed and quickness...or it just may have been the pros were a lot faster than the college boys.

Off-season fodder.

Most number 1 picks fall short which would indicate that maybe the bar is unrealistically high. I don't think even half of first rounders make All Pro or even a Pro Bowl (truly voted in, not that alternatells stuff). Crabtree had a solid career. Probably middle of the pack for number 9 picks.
Should have worked with Jerry Rice when he had the chance
Bunch of chokes on the team, mainly CK, this garbage and Harb.

Kap was 4-2 playoffs. 3-1 on the road. That's best in Niner history as far as playoff road games. Kap just had some serious limitations as a player but I wouldn't call him a playoff choker. Dude was raping GB both home and away and this brought me much joy after what Favre did to us in the 90s. Perhaps some of you weren't around for that era
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Bunch of chokes on the team, mainly CK, this garbage and Harb.

Kap was 4-2 playoffs. 3-1 on the road. That's best in Niner history as far as playoff road games. Kap just had some serious limitations as a player but I wouldn't call him a playoff choker. Dude was raping GB both home and away and this brought me much joy after what Favre did to us in the 90s. Perhaps some of you weren't around for that era

Kap did not rape GB... the pistol, the read option and GB's inability to defend against it is what raped the Packers. Most teams were struggling to stop that at that time, but defenses eventually adjusted.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
2012: I think the injuries of the smith's on our D was more the reason then them being pussies. Justin Smith's injury really affected our Defense, but it was clear that the refs were allowing the Ravens to keep committing penalties and not calling anything. The hold on the kickoff return for a TD after 1/2 time, the "fumble" when it was clear fwd progress was stopped on our RB, when in the year before the Giants benefited when we stripped the ball from the RB but the refs called "fwd progress had stopped" so it f**ked us both ways.

Perfectly said
Originally posted by elguapo:

Perfectly said

u guys really think goodell was gonna let us beat the ravens in lewis last game lol.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
u guys really think goodell was gonna let us beat the ravens in lewis last game lol.

On the last punt of the game the entire Raven team was holding and nothing was called.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
lol pure garbage, one of the main reason why 9ers loss the 2011 NFCC and 2012 SB, and 2013 NFCC. If you have this garbage on the team as your supposed #1 WR, you will CHOKE LOL.

Wrong again

They lost in 2011 because that team didnt have the championship mentality

They lost in 2012 because that defense played like pussies. The defense wasnt playing well heading towards the playoffs and they collapsed in their biggest game

2013: they lost to a hungrier and younger team in seattle.

It took a lot of BS calls to stop the Niners all 3 years, but that's life in the NFL.
I'm still annoyed when I think back though
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Kap did not rape GB... the pistol, the read option and GB's inability to defend against it is what raped the Packers. Most teams were struggling to stop that at that time, but defenses eventually adjusted.

I'm sure Tom Brady running the pistol would've had the same result.

Originally posted by HERN:

I'm sure Tom Brady running the pistol would've had the same result.

This.

Lmao evil...that made no sense.

A win is a win. I was damn happy when we beat GB ATL CAR and GB again. I didn't care how it happened. I was just damn happy when we were getting the wind and had we ran the ball a couple times with Frank at the end of the Superbowl we could have possibly won that game. Kap had his good and his bad and I had my good times with him. Now I'm hoping to see more under Jimmy. Playoff wins and hopefully a Superbowl is my hope
Remember when this dude held out into the regular season in his rookie year lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when this dude held out into the regular season in his rookie year lol

I never liked him since then. Especially since he used MC Hammer as his agent or whatever he was. He looked so dumb with that move. I wouldve gotten over it if he was actually good and lived up to the hype, but he was above average at best with us. Glad when we didnt resign him.
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
It took a lot of BS calls to stop the Niners all 3 years, but that's life in the NFL.
I'm still annoyed when I think back though

The worst part is fans try to use that against him, instead of being normal fans and being pissed that he got robbed 3 straight years. Did this many people seriously side with the disaster that was Trent Baalke?
Share 49ersWebzone