There are 199 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Yeah I love what I'm seeing with Hunter, he looks like he's fully recovered from his injury and there should be no reason not to give this guy at least 15 touches a game.

minimum
Yeah I love what I'm seeing with Hunter, he looks like he's fully recovered from his injury and there should be no reason not to give this guy at least 15 touches a game.

I can think of 21 reasons not to give Hunter 15+ carries a game.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Hunter looks faster and quicker than ever.

He's running hard for sure. He's punishing defenders when he gets to the second level. Love it.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I can think of 32 reasons to give Hunter 15+ carries a game.
Hunter runs with this angry quality. He never stops fighting no matter how many opposing tacklers are around him. When he sees daylight he smells the end zone.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like when he scores a td he doesn't get all excited. He's just a real mellow kid, glad we have him.

why shouldn't we rush it at least 25-40 times a night? and pass it 25 times a night? that's essentially what we were doing when kap took over last year and putting up major points. its not how many times you throw, its hitting on those throws. if you get to run it 40 times, that means you had the ball and your defense is fresh. there's no reason to not feed gore and feed hunter defenses won't know what to do... and will bite down hard on play actions and leave vernon open over the top or one of our speedy slots.

it only makes sense.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
why shouldn't we rush it at least 25-40 times a night? and pass it 25 times a night? that's essentially what we were doing when kap took over last year and putting up major points. its not how many times you throw, its hitting on those throws. if you get to run it 40 times, that means you had the ball and your defense is fresh. there's no reason to not feed gore and feed hunter defenses won't know what to do... and will bite down hard on play actions and leave vernon open over the top or one of our speedy slots.

it only makes sense.

as long as all of those 25 throws are for 20+ yards im okay with this

it only makes sense.

It totally makes sense. It's who we are and we saw what happens when we try to change that. Some people just want to see us throwing because they think it's prettier and explosive. When I see a HB using his vision, getting through lanes, making people miss, trucking people, and moving piles... that to me is beauty like no other. Besides our offensive line is built to run, we are not a good pass protecting team, at least from what I've seen over the last 3 seasons. Staying true to ourselves has proven to be the winning formula for this team and until we get better at pass blocking and an elite WR who can do it all like Jerry Rice and Owens did we need to stick to it.
[ Edited by KoolBeans on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by xtm059:
as long as all of those 25 throws are for 20+ yards im okay with this

they all don't need to be. they all can go for 20+ yards easily though.. if we're running they're going to commit more inside and we get our guys outside more room to operate. they might have to start run blitzing and all of that.. which will give boldin, davis, baldwin... etc more room to operate. and kap clean pockets to throw from because the linemen won't just be pinning their ears back and running to sack him like they were in week 2 and 3, we didn't try to run so it was basically a race to the qb and no team wins like that and our line doesn't get into the game like that.

we've been misusing our own line. get them going forward get them pulling, trapping.. and finally looks like we might let them get out in the field for screens.. this gets them involved and hunter needs to be a part of this. he needs to change the pace. gore is patient then power and breaks it. then you bring in hunter and he hits the hole makes you miss and he's gone.. there isn't a tandem like this in the nfl. with limited touches he's had 2 rushing td' s and broke big runs.. what if we give him more opportunities? gore get his 23 carries on power runs which is a guaranteed 100 yards because our line is that good at run blocking.

hunter gets 15 carries and maybe 4 receptions and he puts up big numbers too....

its a machine. he's an important part

Kendall Hunter is good.
It totally makes sense. It's who we are and we saw what happens when we try to change that. Some people just want to see us throwing because they think it's prettier and explosive. When I see a HB using his vision, getting through lanes, making people miss, trucking people, and moving piles... that to me is beauty like no other. Besides our offensive line is built to run, we are not a good pass protecting team, at least from what I've seen over the last 3 seasons. Staying true to ourselves has proven to be the winning formula for this team and until we get better at pass blocking and an elite WR who can do it all like Jerry Rice and Owens did we need to stick to it.

we aren't good at pass protection, but nobody wants to admit this. well i won't say we're bad its not their strong point but they're actually getting way better than they have been. but this is why we need to run so the play action is effective. if we play action and the ends are worried about setting the edge that gives kap an extra second or two to see the throw then make the throw, cause they have to make sure the run doesn't just go by them for a big gain.

i think we should run it repeatedly against houston to neutralize jj watt. just straight run it with power right at him, by the 3rd and 4th quarter he's going to be gassed with all the weight he's had to deal with and the plays he's had to try and make.

and no short passes to his side either. 2nd level passes he can't jump up and swat. totally take him out of the game.

and when you run the ball no blitzes can really be dialed up because hunter in the 2nd level with space= touch down.

really lmj too. gore doesn't even really seem to try and score a td if its a long run like 60 or 70 yards lol like he already knows he'll get caught so he's just looking to get as much as he can before he just goes down.. running half speed.

hunter is out of there

it only makes sense.

This. It reminds me of all of those great catch and runs Jerry Rice and John Taylor had. Except in this case, it's the running game where we are picking up chunks of yardage. I love the fact that we have backs and an O-line that is capable of multiple 10 and 20 yard runs per game. I'm all for running the ball 40 times a game with our backs, controlling clock, keeping our defense well rested, and allowing Vernon Davis and Boldin to do what they do as opposing defense key in our ground and pound, just as long as we are running the ball primarily with Kaep under center.

On another note, if Marcus Lattimore looks like the real deal next season, where does LaMichael James fit into all of this? I like him and don't mind keeping/extending him, but he probably won't see any real action until Gore retires, and even then, it's likely that Hunter and Lattimore will remain ahead of him on the depth chart.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. It reminds me of all of those great catch and runs Jerry Rice and John Taylor had. Except in this case, it's the running game where we are picking up chunks of yardage. I love the fact that we have backs and an O-line that is capable of multiple 10 and 20 yard runs per game. I'm all for running the ball 40 times a game with our backs, controlling clock, keeping our defense well rested, and allowing Vernon Davis and Boldin to do what they do as opposing defense key in our ground and pound, just as long as we are running the ball primarily with Kaep under center.

On another note, if Marcus Lattimore looks like the real deal next season, where does LaMichael James fit into all of this? I like him and don't mind keeping/extending him, but he probably won't see any real action until Gore retires, and even then, it's likely that Hunter and Lattimore will remain ahead of him on the depth chart.

lmj makes his money returning punts and kicks

williams will be the man out. cause he's had every chance to do something as a #2 wr and hasn't he's fast but he's a slot and unless he's wide open he's not snatching the ball out of the air.. that's what a wr needs to do.
I "loved" the middle screen to Hunter. Did you guys see that? That was $...don't even think he had blockers but was so quick/fast he juked a number of DL/Lb's and got about 10 yards out of it. I have been praying Roman gets his head out of his azz and uses him in a variety of ways; similar ways the Saints use Sproles...both in the traditional run game and in the pass game. He can be a serious mismatch in our favor is used properly. Enough of the LONG, drawn-out lateral runs WAY off Tackle. That doesn't work...ever. Instead, run him inside the tackles, right off tackle and between the RG and RT for big runs. In the passing game, you have even more options...endless. USE HIM!!!
Share 49ersWebzone