LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kendall Hunter is way more like Sproles than James, that's for sure. He has the power to blow through arm tackles as well as the lateral agility and quickness to juke people in space. I know they want Lattimore to take over eventually, but personally, I believe Hunter can be the starter if Lattimore cannot return to form when healthy. Hunter has all the tools and skills to be a starter and has a big enough frame to go with it to be an every-down runner, at 5-7 200. The 49ers stated this much when they drafted him, too, so I know they feel the same.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kendall Hunter is way more like Sproles than James, that's for sure. He has the power to blow through arm tackles as well as the lateral agility and quickness to juke people in space. I know they want Lattimore to take over eventually, but personally, I believe Hunter can be the starter if Lattimore cannot return to form when healthy. Hunter has all the tools and skills to be a starter and has a big enough frame to go with it to be an every-down runner, at 5-7 200. The 49ers stated this much when they drafted him, too, so I know they feel the same.

I remember freaking out when we drafted Hunter. He was the ONLY RB I wanted us to draft and I hope that him and Lattimore can become a dynamic pairing for us for years to come.

Hopefully the fact that he already has 2 TDs in 4 games is sign that he'll continue to make the best of his opportunities. If he could finish the year with 8+ TDs it may force the issue regarding a contract extension.
Originally posted by sfout:

I remember freaking out when we drafted Hunter. He was the ONLY RB I wanted us to draft and I hope that him and Lattimore can become a dynamic pairing for us for years to come.

Hopefully the fact that he already has 2 TDs in 4 games is sign that he'll continue to make the best of his opportunities. If he could finish the year with 8+ TDs it may force the issue regarding a contract extension.

I was absolutely ecstatic as well. He was BY FAR my favorite RB of the class. You can see it in the way he runs that he is really a great runner and if he was given an opportunity to start, he would do quite well I'm sure.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I "loved" the middle screen to Hunter. Did you guys see that? That was $...don't even think he had blockers but was so quick/fast he juked a number of DL/Lb's and got about 10 yards out of it. I have been praying Roman gets his head out of his azz and uses him in a variety of ways; similar ways the Saints use Sproles...both in the traditional run game and in the pass game. He can be a serious mismatch in our favor is used properly. Enough of the LONG, drawn-out lateral runs WAY off Tackle. That doesn't work...ever. Instead, run him inside the tackles, right off tackle and between the RG and RT for big runs. In the passing game, you have even more options...endless. USE HIM!!!

yes, yes, and more yes.
I'm so bummed this guy gets so few touches b/c every time he does touch the ball, it's got a dynamic chance to be a big play whether it's a big run inside, off tackle, just inside of the OT, TD run or a big pass-catch play.

That said, can we PLEASE do away with the slowest developing stretch-runs in the NFL on first down that perpetually put us in 2nd and 15? Please? Hunter is lighting quick, up to full speed in 2 steps and has great vision but this play is getting blown up every single time!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
as productive as gore has been, they need to split the carries at least 60/40. Hunter can take any carry to the house if he gets a small seam.

I was absolutely ecstatic as well. He was BY FAR my favorite RB of the class. You can see it in the way he runs that he is really a great runner and if he was given an opportunity to start, he would do quite well I'm sure.

And he blocks well.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

And he blocks well.

Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree that should Gore not be on this roster next year, that Hunter becomes the #1 RB with Lattimore spelling him? At least for the first season so Lattimore proves he can stay healthy?
Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree that should Gore not be on this roster next year, that Hunter becomes the #1 RB with Lattimore spelling him? At least for the first season so Lattimore proves he can stay healthy?
You might not be sane. LOL!! Dude is heart and soul. Hunter is a nice change of pace though
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Gore keeps getting better and better. he may have to take a few more beathers during a game but when he's in there, he's still a dominating tailback.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Gore better retire a niner. YOU HEAR ME FKN BAALKE! U MOTHERf**kER!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You might not be sane. LOL!! Dude is heart and soul. Hunter is a nice change of pace though

I think people have said this about Gore for the past 5 years. He is still the backbone of this team. I think Hunter can be good, but who knows if he can handle the full workload that Gore does. The Niners will have some decisions to make this offseason at RB though. I don't see how LaMichael James is still here. The coaching staff doesn't seem to believe in him much if they would rather run a screen play to Anthony Dixon
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by boast:

Gore keeps getting better and better. he may have to take a few more beathers during a game but when he's in there, he's still a dominating tailback.

Have one of your best seasons ever....fans don't want you back.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Have one of your best seasons ever....fans don't want you back.

I'm really shocked that Gore still has enough to be productive. His body should be in shambles by now. He's lost a little...but not so much that he's not still effective. I suspect he'll start visibily regressing next year and the following year he won't be on the team. But for now..there's no reason not to keep him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

gore will be on the roster next year and still am unsure why so many are so quick to put him out to pasture. he has plenty left in the tank and thanks to retard roman not using him in the first three games, he has plenty of juice for this year. gore is gore and nothing more needs to be said. hunter continues , to me, to be the most valuable player on our offense no one talks about.
Share 49ersWebzone