There are 200 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Not sure why Hunter barely played.

It's such a mystery and 2 days have gone by an I'm about to lose my damn mind if no one within the organization acknowledges that Hunter didn't enter the game until way late. Was he hurt? Disciplined? In the bathroom constipated? What the hell happened? I'm so disappointed in every single reporter/writer associated with the team for not mentioning it. Even if you don't know, at least acknowledge that you realize it. Not a single article mentioning it, not a single question posed to Harbaugh regarding it, nothing. More than 48 hours later and still nothing. Gross.

And I feel like even on this forum, only like 10 of us even realize it lol. It's like the episode of South Park where Cartman feels like he's invisible.

Pretty sure this has been a major complaint across the board.

Haha oh maybe it has, didn't really check tonight but I know shortly after the game it still seemed almost no one realized it. Can someone who has a twitter potentially contact Maiocco and/or Barrows or something and ask them if they realize it, if so, why they haven't mentioned it, and if they could please be sure to inquire about it from Harbaugh in his press conference tomorrow (although that's probably doubtful since by Wednesday all of the discussion is on the upcoming game and there's really no more questions about the previous game). If this is a mystery that goes completely unsolved I will be so frustrated! Would be like a 49ers enigmatic blue balls and the curiosity will never go away haha

In the comments section of this article: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-injury-updates-dial-could-be-backup-nose-tackle-late-season

"Do you have any idea why Kendall Hunter only had one carry against Seattle?"

"The 49ers did not have many sustained drives, so fatigue wasn't an issue for Gore. But I do not know why Hunter did not see more action. Hunter is pretty good in pass protection, but I'm assuming they wanted to keep Gore back there to help keep Kaepernick upright. --Matt M."

Matt also said in another reply that he expected to see Hunter have a lot more action this Sunday.
[ Edited by leon49 on Sep 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM ]
Originally posted by leon49:
In the comments section of this article: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-injury-updates-dial-could-be-backup-nose-tackle-late-season

"The 49ers did not have many sustained drives, so fatigue wasn't an issue for Gore. But I do not know why Hunter did not see more action. Hunter is pretty good in pass protection, but I'm assuming they wanted to keep Gore back there to help keep Kaepernick upright. --Matt M."

Matt also said in another reply that he expected to see Hunter have a lot more action this Sunday.

This makes no sense and explains nothing. We played a back other than Gore - his name is Anthony Dixon. Why was Dixon the first back off the bench?
[ Edited by kap2crab on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by leon49:

or how about we keep kap upright by running a power game with gore and speed game with hunter

kap stands tall handing the ball off and letting the work horses work.

they refuse to use the weapons its infuriating.

i wonder when lmj comes back will they think to run a screen with him as if 3 years of college tape would indicate that maybe that might be a good idea.

everyone says hunter came back bigger faster and stronger

so the response to that is to let him look good on the sideline
This makes no sense and explains nothing. We played a back other than Gore - his name is Anthony Dixon. Why was Dixon the first back off the bench?

he should have been disciplined for his tweet.

You play special teams and you're writing a check that the rest of the team has to cash
Give Hunter some meaningful snaps. Let him go for a half and get a rhythm going.
I still cant figure out how we played so poorly. The OL looked like trash, both pass blocking and run blocking. Were they not trying? We didnt use Hunter, we kept sending Miller out as a reciever, and Kap refused to try and burn them on the ground by running up the middle when the pass rush came from the outside. He just ran backwards and to the sideline.

The defense actually did quite well aside from having no idea how to stop Marshawn Lynch. How is Lynch the ONLY RB who can gash us? We stuff everyone besides him.

Neutral field, I think we win. Just because the atmosphere seemed to discourage us. Were a young team that still lacks the mental toughness to not let Seahawks fans and players get to them.

Something about these 2 losses at C-Link seem fishy to me. I dont know if were tipping our play calls or what, but at best theyre almost as good. No chance are they better. We need to figure out what theyre doing to stop us, and counter it.

We might just have to switch strategies on offense just when playing them. If that means West Coast offense, so be it. Just give them a look their D isnt prepared for.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Sep 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM ]
Boy, you got me...oddest game plan I have ever seen and with zero adjustments. That carry Dixon got, I thought was perfect for Hunter...off tackle gash; he usually hits that hole so quickly he's in the EZ before anyone touches him.
the way to get your offensive line into the game is to have them driving and going forward to set the tone. you get them going forward they get nasty they want to impose their will and then everything is good.

if you have them on their heels backing up most of the game, they're not in a hitting mode they're not trying to be dominant they're just worried about backing up

psychologically important to have them know that we believe in them.. and you do that by saying ok boys go show them you're the best in football open up holes and we're going to KEEP running the ball until you do because we know you will.

we're going to rotate gore and hunter because we're going to carry the ball 50 times. we're going to win playing 49ers football.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
or how about we keep kap upright by running a power game with gore and speed game with hunter

kap stands tall handing the ball off and letting the work horses work.

they refuse to use the weapons its infuriating.

i wonder when lmj comes back will they think to run a screen with him as if 3 years of college tape would indicate that maybe that might be a good idea.

everyone says hunter came back bigger faster and stronger

so the response to that is to let him look good on the sideline

Kinda like when they had Westbrook and at times he never would get any playtime
Originally posted by NCommand:
Boy, you got me...oddest game plan I have ever seen and with zero adjustments. That carry Dixon got, I thought was perfect for Hunter...off tackle gash; he usually hits that hole so quickly he's in the EZ before anyone touches him.

Maybe they thought Dixon would back up his pregame smack talk.

im surprised no one is talking about this guy. his td run against the rams showed some VERY impressive acceleration. how is it possible this guy looks even faster after he tore his acl? im psyched about #32 this year!
Originally posted by denali22:
im surprised no one is talking about this guy. his td run against the rams showed some VERY impressive acceleration. how is it possible this guy looks even faster after he tore his acl? im psyched about #32 this year!
Achilles.

But you're right, he does look great coming off a horrific injury!

in limited action he has 2 rushing touch downs and a few eye opening runs where he just looks like he has another gear that wasn't there before. he pulls away from them.

his moves in tight spaces and in the open field, hunter of last year would probably break it and get a good chunk

this year if he's past you he's gone that sweep last game.. i mean he cut back made a defender miss then shook a defender who was 7 yards ahead of him, ran him right into the wr to block and that was it he was gone. same with the colts game once he hit that corner it was over you're not catching him.

hopefully they note this on the tape he's been impressive all season.

he should get some carries.. funny how they were talking about balance and through the first 3 games we only ran it 39% of the time.... yea that's real balanced.

hunter can even take the screen and lmj can too
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

in limited action he has 2 rushing touch downs and a few eye opening runs where he just looks like he has another gear that wasn't there before. he pulls away from them.

his moves in tight spaces and in the open field, hunter of last year would probably break it and get a good chunk

this year if he's past you he's gone that sweep last game.. i mean he cut back made a defender miss then shook a defender who was 7 yards ahead of him, ran him right into the wr to block and that was it he was gone. same with the colts game once he hit that corner it was over you're not catching him.

hopefully they note this on the tape he's been impressive all season.

he should get some carries.. funny how they were talking about balance and through the first 3 games we only ran it 39% of the time.... yea that's real balanced.

hunter can even take the screen and lmj can too

Yeah I love what I'm seeing with Hunter, he looks like he's fully recovered from his injury and there should be no reason not to give this guy at least 15 touches a game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hunter looks faster and quicker than ever.
Share 49ersWebzone