Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 686 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,941
Yeah not sure what theyre doing with Hunter. This will be his 3rd year not playing. I like the guy too, but i dont get what their expectations are.
[ Edited by Antix on Sep 6, 2015 at 2:08 AM ]
Hunter is done as a 49er, with his contract up at the end of this year. Glad he can still pick up a pay check.
Sucks. I really enjoyed watching him play. I hope he still has a chance next year
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,926
Probably one of the nicest guys in the locker room, but unfortunately he is just not good enough.
49ers place RB Kendall Hunter IR
by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com
49ers running back Kendall Hunter will not play in 2015 after being placed oninjured reserve, the team announced. Hunter was dealing with a knee injury.

from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1243592/kendall-hunter


wow, so did the 49ers put him on the IR list to get paid up for the year? They could have just cut him, but didnt!

Just read up about the IR and IR designated to return http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056497/article/nflpa-nfl-agree-to-trade-deadline-extension-ir-exception. I didn't see anywhere the designated to return for Hunter.
[ Edited by Aussieninerfan on Sep 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hunter is done as a 49er, with his contract up at the end of this year. Glad he can still pick up a pay check.

I doubt it is that cut and dried else they would have cut him now. Options are being kept open, last chances are being given. And, unless I am mistaken, messages are being sent to all the young guys in the locker room that, if you show commitment and talent and don't embarrass the team, you will be looked after. How many here thought he was going to be cut? Most of us I guess.
Originally posted by English:
I doubt it is that cut and dried else they would have cut him now. Options are being kept open, last chances are being given. And, unless I am mistaken, messages are being sent to all the young guys in the locker room that, if you show commitment and talent and don't embarrass the team, you will be looked after. How many here thought he was going to be cut? Most of us I guess.

Its a little confusing. Sorry for the questions, If he is on the IR list, could he play for 49ers this season? or could he be traded and play for someone else this season?
Originally posted by Aussieninerfan:
Its a little confusing. Sorry for the questions, If he is on the IR list, could he play for 49ers this season? or could he be traded and play for someone else this season?

Don't apologise for asking questions.

6 weeks is my understanding. The following link might help:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/18/5914295/nfl-pup-list-rules-injured-reserve-nfi-list-rules-49ers-2014
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Aussieninerfan:
Its a little confusing. Sorry for the questions, If he is on the IR list, could he play for 49ers this season? or could he be traded and play for someone else this season?

Don't apologise for asking questions.

6 weeks is my understanding. The following link might help:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/18/5914295/nfl-pup-list-rules-injured-reserve-nfi-list-rules-49ers-2014

No, English, he's on the IR list and must sit out the whole season. IR designated for return is the 6 week one.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Hunter was my dude, but I think its time to move on. I assume we are keeping him strickly for insurance?

Hunter is only 26 years old. Give him one more year to regain his form and crush it next year.

Baalke has basically added an entire draft class (talent pool) for next year (some earlier) with this process:

Injured Reserve / PUP / NFI / Suspension: RB Kendall Hunter, TE Busta Anderson & XWR Dres Anderson / C Daniel Kilgore / ZWR DeAndre Smelter / XWR Jerome Simpson

I'd rather just find an RB in next years draft than hang onto Hunter
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hunter is done as a 49er, with his contract up at the end of this year. Glad he can still pick up a pay check.

I doubt it is that cut and dried else they would have cut him now. Options are being kept open, last chances are being given. And, unless I am mistaken, messages are being sent to all the young guys in the locker room that, if you show commitment and talent and don't embarrass the team, you will be looked after. How many here thought he was going to be cut? Most of us I guess.
i also think it is called being classy to a guy who has given his heart and soul for this team, has never b***hed moaned and has always got back up. I believe this regime likes to let things play out to the max whether we are talking about problem issues like aldon smith or something like this with kendall and his injuries. keep him, let him rehab because he is still young and if he can not get a job with us next year, maybe someone else. I think we owe that to him, CLASSY move by the niners in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hunter is done as a 49er, with his contract up at the end of this year. Glad he can still pick up a pay check.

I doubt it is that cut and dried else they would have cut him now. Options are being kept open, last chances are being given. And, unless I am mistaken, messages are being sent to all the young guys in the locker room that, if you show commitment and talent and don't embarrass the team, you will be looked after. How many here thought he was going to be cut? Most of us I guess.
i also think it is called being classy to a guy who has given his heart and soul for this team, has never b***hed moaned and has always got back up. I believe this regime likes to let things play out to the max whether we are talking about problem issues like aldon smith or something like this with kendall and his injuries. keep him, let him rehab because he is still young and if he can not get a job with us next year, maybe someone else. I think we owe that to him, CLASSY move by the niners in my opinion

Exactly.
Yea why put a 27. Year old running back who is always injured in reserve. Let Kendall go an find another team & continue his career. He's had a badly broken ankle at Ok state, a torn Achilles & an ACL. It's time to move on. I really like KH but we need young healthy players
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'd rather just find an RB in next years draft than hang onto Hunter

well we hung onto okoye for three years and hunter did more for us than okoye ever did . no harm to keep him, let him rehab. i think he is still around the team and locker room and our kids need all the good vet leadership they can get. i am a hunter homer and am happy for the way it turned out. of course having reggie, davis hyde and hayne also forced our hand a bit which is also good. a clever and classy way to keep all our good running backs though i would be shocked if hayne got any more than just a handful of running plays this year
Originally posted by mayo49:
The X is lineup on the outside on the line of scrimmage. This is Smith's position. The Z is lineup on the inside off the line of scrimmage. This is Boldin's position. The X is usually jammed by the DB, while the Z is off to prevent him from getting jammed. X receivers are usually more speedy types that run longer routes that stretch the field . Z are usually possession types that run shorter routes on the inside of the numbers. I'm sure other can explain it better, but that's my attempt at it.

Perfectly stated. Thanks.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone