LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Pro Bowl Changes

Shop 49ers game tickets
they should make it what they're trying to turn the NFL into:

7 on 7 flag football.

and have the big linemen do strongman challenges.

i cant remember when this was, but i saw an old timers flag football game with steve young vs john elway and to my surprise it was very entertaining.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I guess negativity is just the way of the zone. The conversation is about ways to IMPROVE the pro bowl, as in how to make more fans tune in. I understand this is scenario we will never see but for the sake of an entertaining conversation if there were to happen would you guys be more likely to tune into the Pro Bowl? Truth be told even with the Senior Bowl the game is just a formality, most of the scouts are there to see how these guys practice and to get a gage on their character and how they conduct themselves around their peers.

No offense man...not trying to s**t on your idea. Juts calling it like I see it. I agree it would be more fun to watch. Lingerie League is also more fun to watch than the Pro Bowl.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
I guess negativity is just the way of the zone. The conversation is about ways to IMPROVE the pro bowl, as in how to make more fans tune in. I understand this is scenario we will never see but for the sake of an entertaining conversation if there were to happen would you guys be more likely to tune into the Pro Bowl? Truth be told even with the Senior Bowl the game is just a formality, most of the scouts are there to see how these guys practice and to get a gage on their character and how they conduct themselves around their peers.

No offense man...not trying to s**t on your idea. Juts calling it like I see it. I agree it would be more fun to watch. Lingerie League is also more fun to watch than the Pro Bowl.

No offense taken kind sir.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

I remember playing maybe 1 or 2 QB Club games on my sega? but never played QB challenge. Thanks for sharing so cool. Miss the 90s.

Haha no problem. Actually that specific QB Club I posted sucked, I just wanted to look for the QB challenge. Can't find a clip of the original SNES/Genesis QB Challenge
how about getting rid of the game.....
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'm a probowler, I likely have a contract with guaranteed money..even if i get hurt.

I'm a college kid...I've got nothing. I could get hurt and lose my pay day...I might get judged on how I play with the best of the best and get a lower payday...

Tell me again as a college player, why I'd want to do this after doing the combine, senior bowl and/or the shriner bowl? Enough players opt out of the bowls as it is...and even events of the combine.

I honestly would be afraid for the Pro Bowl if college kids are playing. They would get slaughtered.

Yeah, because no rookies had success in REAL games this year. -_- I don't think skill would be an issue, plenty of rookies step in and play at a high level from day 1 in real live games. The Pro Bowl is almost staged these days, I see no reason why a rookie could not come in a make a few plays. All the things that hamper them in the real season (learning the playbook, reading defense/offense, speed of the gam etc.) are thrown out the window. Playing in the Pro Bowl would be like playing in a severly watered down college game.

I think you are vastly overrating the talent of most rookies. Yes some rookies have tremendous success, but those are the exception. The other part you are forgetting is that this would be before any rookie has even stepped into the workroom for an NFL team. So absolutely ZERO NFL experience. No film, no gameday, no learning, just step in. Most of them would get abused on the field.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Wouldn't bother me...I didn't watch a second of the game or any highlights, don't even know who won. That's how much I care about the Pro Bowl.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

That was my reaction, but I ended up watching most of the game.

I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually a good game. The best Pro Bowl in years.

I still am not happy with the pregame structure, but ......
I thought it was awful.

Jerry looked happy though.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm a probowler, I likely have a contract with guaranteed money..even if i get hurt.

I'm a college kid...I've got nothing. I could get hurt and lose my pay day...I might get judged on how I play with the best of the best and get a lower payday...

Tell me again as a college player, why I'd want to do this after doing the combine, senior bowl and/or the shriner bowl? Enough players opt out of the bowls as it is...and even events of the combine.

I honestly would be afraid for the Pro Bowl if college kids are playing. They would get slaughtered.

Yeah, because no rookies had success in REAL games this year. -_- I don't think skill would be an issue, plenty of rookies step in and play at a high level from day 1 in real live games. The Pro Bowl is almost staged these days, I see no reason why a rookie could not come in a make a few plays. All the things that hamper them in the real season (learning the playbook, reading defense/offense, speed of the gam etc.) are thrown out the window. Playing in the Pro Bowl would be like playing in a severly watered down college game.

I think you are vastly overrating the talent of most rookies. Yes some rookies have tremendous success, but those are the exception. The other part you are forgetting is that this would be before any rookie has even stepped into the workroom for an NFL team. So absolutely ZERO NFL experience. No film, no gameday, no learning, just step in. Most of them would get abused on the field.

I think I remember there used to be a college all stars vs a NFL team game....it was a joke every time if I remember correctly. I think this back when NFL players didn't make that much money.

I never watch it.

I can easily find other things to do that are more fun.
Originally posted by xtm059:
pro bowl should decide home field advantage in the super bowl

make it mean something and teams will play to win

they'd have to make the pro bowl a midseason thing then.
The players wanted to give it to Tolbert

I read somewhere else that the coaches said they were going to give him one earlier.

So between the coach wanting to change the play and the players wanting to run it with Tolbert, Alex probably didn't want to take a stance.

not going to lie, kind of wanted them to draw up a play for gonzalez
cfl hasnt had an all star game since 1988 and hasnt had one on a regular basis since the 70's. they just name eastern and western all star teams and leave it at that.
Share 49ersWebzone