There are 240 users in the forums

Pro Bowl Changes

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by rjxk:
My bad, I completely misunderstood

No worries man. I can see the confusion. Had Alex done a little better than 9 completions for 22 attempts, I would be saying the same thing as you.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Pretty much missed the whole second half of the game...

what happened....Alex Smith clutch with a check down drive to win the game ?

He had a deep pass to Gordon to make the TD possible. Why didn't the 49ers trade for Gordon? The guy looked really good.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Foles had the best rating among the Pro Bowl QBs, and would have had the winning score had Smith not spoiled the party.

But that last TD did happen, regular season rating besides. And Foles had a chance to get in FG range and he couldn't manage it.

In the end though, it is the Pro Bowl and it doesn't really matter.

No disagreement with your point. I merely suggested one possible reason why Foles got the MVP.
He had a deep pass to Gordon to make the TD possible. Why didn't the 49ers trade for Gordon? The guy looked really good.

Last I heard, he was never officially on the trading block. I think someone said Cleveland wanted two firsts for him, which is way too much to give for a guy who is one puff away from the Brandon Browner / Justin Blackmon treatment.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

No worries man. I can see the confusion. Had Alex done a little better than 9 completions for 22 attempts, I would be saying the same thing as you.

Starting to wonder if Alex isn't jinxed or something...The probowlers were droppin all kinds of catchable balls.

Baalke f**ked up
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
QB coach: "Alex, ZY-Wing Fade sound good to you?

Alex: "Uh yeah sure whatever you want"

QB coach: " .... nevermind dude"

The players wanted to give it to Tolbert

I read somewhere else that the coaches said they were going to give him one earlier.

So between the coach wanting to change the play and the players wanting to run it with Tolbert, Alex probably didn't want to take a stance.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Baalke f**ked up

Everyone in the NFL is drooling over him right now.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Starting to wonder if Alex isn't jinxed or something...The probowlers were droppin all kinds of catchable balls.

Saw that...Gordon and Forte couldn't handle the Alex Smith fastballs!
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Saw that...Gordon and Forte couldn't handle the Alex Smith fastballs!

I think Alshon Jeffry dropped one too.

Last I heard, he was never officially on the trading block. I think someone said Cleveland wanted two firsts for him, which is way too much to give for a guy who is one puff away from the Brandon Browner / Justin Blackmon treatment.

Oh the things we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better
49ers.com put up a gallery of 124 pics of 49ers in past pro bowls. A lot of good stuff and brought back a lot of memories.
http://www.49ers.com/photos/photo-gallery/Throwback-Thursday-49ers-in-Pro-Bowl/d4707395-f0af-4037-a31a-bf3aeabfc922#start

Click the play button then hover over on the sides there are arrows to go forward and back and in the bottom right there are thumbnails if you want to scroll through quicker.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 26, 2014 at 11:39 PM ]
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
NFL should copy the NBA and do a rookie vs sophomore game.....that would be entertaining in my opinion

I wish they would bring back the QB challenge. Out of all the mini events that was the best. I miss all those events and the way it use to be back when the players wanted to win badly. Use to be a great game, it was my favorite game of the year (besides 9er games), even over the SB.
pro bowl should decide home field advantage in the super bowl

make it mean something and teams will play to win
Players of ProBowl winning team takes the losing players hottest wives for a spin. It's not so much the incentive to win the game, it's the incentive not to lose.
Share 49ersWebzone