LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 172 users in the forums

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by English:
What, you wanted him left out there till he gets injured? He is the starting qb. Nothing to be learnt from playing him further.

1 quarter of burn gets him injured? Sure. He should quit now while he's still healthy.

The first unit with new receivers has never played against anyone. They need some reps...this is the team that will see the field in the regular season. Practice only gets you so much...some full speed ball really helps there.

Its not like the defense He goes against in practice is a bunch of chumps... you want him to stay in there to practice a bunch of vanilla plays that wont ever be ran in the regular season?
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by English:
What, you wanted him left out there till he gets injured? He is the starting qb. Nothing to be learnt from playing him further.

1 quarter of burn gets him injured? Sure. He should quit now while he's still healthy.

The first unit with new receivers has never played against anyone. They need some reps...this is the team that will see the field in the regular season. Practice only gets you so much...some full speed ball really helps there.

He will get more playing time next week, so cool it. This week was to see what we have in the back ups. And the answer does appear to be Daniels.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
daniels will make the team, IMO.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

No question.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

No question.

I would like him to be a #3 QB who also has custom players at slot WR / HBack out of the back field. Dude is too talented.

Also, there are rumors that he will have many suitors if we try to sneak him on the PS.

I think Tolzien or Colt get cut... hard to say which, probably Colt because of his lack of experience in Harbaugh's system. but to be honest, haven't been impressed with either player.

No question.

I would like him to be a #3 QB who also has custom players at slot WR / HBack out of the back field. Dude is too talented.

Also, there are rumors that he will have many suitors if we try to sneak him on the PS.

I think Tolzien or Colt get cut... hard to say which, probably Colt because of his lack of experience in Harbaugh's system. but to be honest, haven't been impressed with either player.

I think colt is a cut above tolzien, so I see it going the other way
Agree w/Garcia.

Daniels has some real potential.

It looks like Colt & Tolzein have peaked

Of course, cut the guy who has started 21 games in the NFL in favor of the 3rd year guy who's never started a game, is in his 3rd offseason with this team and still plays like an undrafted rookie. There's not even a question in my mind that McCoy will be the #2 QB to start the season. All we're seeing now is Tolzein playing his way off this team.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:

No question.

I think colt is a cut above tolzien, so I see it going the other way

That's right. If you cut BJ, I can guarantee you there will be a whole queue of teams lining up to claim him off waivers. Baalke and Harbaugh know that, they wouldn't risk it. I would be shocked if they let such a talent slip through their fingers.
Send Tolz to the PS and have BJ duke it out with Colt for the backup spot.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Send Tolz to the PS and have BJ duke it out with Colt for the backup spot.

LOL.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Such talent that just a few months ago was drafted at the end of the seventh round? I agree that he will make the team as his potential seems to be great and he can do more than one thing (which our staff likes), but I wouldn't go so far to say that teams are lining up to sign a guy that they all passed on drafting. It's not like a lot has happened since the draft. Now, if he strings together another two impressive outings, you may be onto something.
yes,, at least he gave us a ray of hope in that position which is something we have not seen from the other two
Originally posted by cciowa:
Such talent that just a few months ago was drafted at the end of the seventh round? I agree that he will make the team as his potential seems to be great and he can do more than one thing (which our staff likes), but I wouldn't go so far to say that teams are lining up to sign a guy that they all passed on drafting. It's not like a lot has happened since the draft. Now, if he strings together another two impressive outings, you may be onto something.
yes,, at least he gave us a ray of hope in that position which is something we have not seen from the other two
he has speed too

the local broadcast said that he has the same height and speed to be a Scout team Russell Wilson...so this might give him a chance to be on the roster
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he has speed too

the local broadcast said that he has the same height and speed to be a Scout team Russell Wilson...so this might give him a chance to be on the roster

i guess its all about taking advantage of a opportunity,, even if it is vs the third string, the guy did do something for us. on a side note, here in iowa i had to watch the kansas city chiefs network broadcast of the game. They were not homers and trent green was actually decent on the play by play but they rarely named any niner who made a play and with all the new guys out there for us,, I was lost in the second half trying to match up names with numbers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he has speed too

i guess its all about taking advantage of a opportunity,, even if it is vs the third string, the guy did do something for us. on a side note, here in iowa i had to watch the kansas city chiefs network broadcast of the game. They were not homers and trent green was actually decent on the play by play but they rarely named any niner who made a play and with all the new guys out there for us,, I was lost in the second half trying to match up names with numbers

This is how I imagine you watching a game.

i will have you know, my dad was a tv repairman back in the day when he would change a picture tube that was 100 dollars which meant we would eat out that night at the king tower cafe in tama iowa and i did not look like that kid, I had a butch haircut with striped t shirts and was adorable if you are going to post a picture of me and my parents at least get a factual one
Share 49ersWebzone