LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Harbaalke won't give her (carroll) the opportunity to snag BJ... that's what would happen if Daniels landed on the PS.

At this point Colt M. is last on the totem pole... he keeps this sh!t up, M. Gray (can play QB/TE) will get a spot on the roster and Colt.
Our next great preseason QB. This thread reminds me of the Nate 'The Great' Davis threads! Lol
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Our next great preseason QB. This thread reminds me of the Nate 'The Great' Davis threads! Lol

Being better than Tolzien makes you "great"?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Nate (dyslexia) Davis was anything but great

I don't see many similarities between the two, at all.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I don't see many similarities between the two, at all.

I also remember people being excited about Kaepernick against backups. People compared Kap to Nate Davis as well.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Harbaalke won't give her (carroll) the opportunity to snag BJ... that's what would happen if Daniels landed on the PS.

At this point Colt M. is last on the totem pole... he keeps this sh!t up, M. Gray (can play QB/TE) will get a spot on the roster and Colt.

No he's not.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No he's not.

Yeah it's gotta be Tolzien. Been in the same offense for 3 years and looks completely lost.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

No he's not.

Yeah it's gotta be Tolzien. Been in the same offense for 3 years and looks completely lost.

But that's the only reason why Tolzien gets a pass (at least he knows the system)... he and Colt have been sucking just about evenly.

I really don't think Harbaalke would place BJ on the PS, carroll will snag him real quick.

Maybe Colt will show something to the coaches in practice/next 2 preseason games, but if he and Tolzien still suck by time 53 man-cut comes, IMO, it's bye bye Colt........
#33 from 2009...wuthizname...BJ will surpass him in WZ circlejerkism

This of course is all subject to change but I think McCoy (based on nothing but 22 or whatever games of NFL experience) and BlowJob make the 53 and Tolzien gets the boot.

Daniels could be viewed as a project for Harbaugh and therefore worthy of being the #3. If we were ever in a spot where Daniels gets a start we're basically screwed anyway. I also do not think he would be able to be stashed on the PS. Alot of raw upside and potentially better than alot of other teams' #3's.

If you look at skill set of the 4 qb's on the roster right now Tolzien is the only one who doesn't fit the mold.

IMHO.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
#33 from 2009...wuthizname...BJ will surpass him in WZ circlejerkism

Thomas Clayton I believe my good sir!! He was certainly better than Hampton and Harper
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
This of course is all subject to change but I think McCoy (based on nothing but 22 or whatever games of NFL experience) and BlowJob make the 53 and Tolzien gets the boot.

Daniels could be viewed as a project for Harbaugh and therefore worthy of being the #3. If we were ever in a spot where Daniels gets a start we're basically screwed anyway. I also do not think he would be able to be stashed on the PS. Alot of raw upside and potentially better than alot of other teams' #3's.

If you look at skill set of the 4 qb's on the roster right now Tolzien is the only one who doesn't fit the mold.

IMHO.

Tolzien needs to undertake a coaching apprenticeship
But that's the only reason why Tolzien gets a pass (at least he knows the system)... he and Colt have been sucking just about evenly.

I really don't think Harbaalke would place BJ on the PS, carroll will snag him real quick.

Maybe Colt will show something to the coaches in practice/next 2 preseason games, but if he and Tolzien still suck by time 53 man-cut comes, IMO, it's bye bye Colt........

No it isn't. McCoy will be the #2 QB. For him, he's still new to the system and adjusting, but he's a much similar to player to Alex Smith in terms of his ability to play conservatively and not turn the ball over. He's got good athleticism and mobility and has starting experience under his belt. I think Tolzien is easily the odd man out, if anyone, he's on the verge of starting his 3rd season with this team and looks absolutely lost out there. He doesn't possess the athletic ability of McCoy, and has seemingly regressed.

I think the team will look at what Daniels can do next week and if he does well again, he's in and Tolzien is out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

No it isn't. McCoy will be the #2 QB. For him, he's still new to the system and adjusting, but he's a much similar to player to Alex Smith in terms of his ability to play conservatively and not turn the ball over. He's got good athleticism and mobility and has starting experience under his belt. I think Tolzien is easily the odd man out, if anyone, he's on the verge of starting his 3rd season with this team and looks absolutely lost out there. He doesn't possess the athletic ability of McCoy, and has seemingly regressed.

I think the team will look at what Daniels can do next week and if he does well again, he's in and Tolzien is out.

Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for him to outplay Tolzien when Niners brought him on board so he can get that 2 spot... his mobility is a plus and he's a tough dude. However, at this point, I'm not so sure that Tolzien would be outplayed by either Colt/BJ behind the starting O-line.....

Tolzien might be feeling a lil spooked with Colt/BJ breathing down his neck
Share 49ersWebzone