SalePre-order Dwight Clark tribute, "Letters to 87," for only $17.12

There are 136 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

I thought his chances to make the roster were slim...so much more talent now & with addition of Marks I figured he was a goner. Chris Jones was more of a surprise, as I know now much Saleh likes him.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,465
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Dial is a decent player and a good dude. Kinda bummed he got phased out, but that's going to happen to a few players when you switch schemes. He just didn't fit anymore.

I was hoping he would make it but I can see that he is a better fit for a 3-4 scheme. He'll be on another team pretty soon because he is at least a good, solid backup. Good luck to you, Quinton. Thanks for your hard work.

I was really surprise we couldn't trade him.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Dial is a decent player and a good dude. Kinda bummed he got phased out, but that's going to happen to a few players when you switch schemes. He just didn't fit anymore.

I was hoping he would make it but I can see that he is a better fit for a 3-4 scheme. He'll be on another team pretty soon because he is at least a good, solid backup. Good luck to you, Quinton. Thanks for your hard work.

I was really surprise we couldn't trade him.

Really? I wasn't the least bit surprised that we couldn't get didley ish for him. He was pushed around game after game after game he could have made more of an effort on getting his hands up, being that he was nowhere near the quarterback on virtually every down

Nice depth for them
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nice depth for them

Yup. They got lucky.
Yea. Hell start half a dozen games for them, for one reason or another. I think of him like ricky jean. Good player, wont move the line but wont get pushed into another zip code either. Hell get a job in this league.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yea. Hell start half a dozen games for them, for one reason or another. I think of him like ricky jean. Good player, wont move the line but wont get pushed into another zip code either. Hell get a job in this league.

Best call so far!
Hope you have a great retirement, Quinton. Thanks for your time with the 9ers.
[ Edited by 49erphan on May 17, 2019 at 8:21 AM ]
Agreed, thanks for your hard work as a Niner and happy retirement!
Yea, good guy. He did good work for us. A little nasty. I like.

Might wind up more productive than some much higher-drafted DL on our roster.

Originally posted by 49erphan:
Hope you have a great retirement, Quinton. Thanks for your time with the 9ers.

Ditto

Best of luck man!
You really dialed in it.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yea, good guy. He did good work for us. A little nasty. I like.

Might wind up more productive than some much higher-drafted DL on our roster.

he definitely did more than the tank
Share 49erswebzone