LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Damn near lock according to Jared Brown on twitter. Heard hes looking good.

Guys most likely to make the final roster:
S.Thomas, D.Buckner, A.Armstead, E.Mitchell
Guys who appear to have a set spot planned out:
T.Carradine (Still running with the 1st team), E.Dumerville (picked up specifically for pass rush), DJ Jones (Rookie NT is only other true NT outside of Mitchell)

That's 7 guys....how many do we take into the season? 9? 10?

That leaves at least two spots for the DLine meaning these are the bubble guys:

Q.Dial, A.Lynch, P.Taumoepenu, R.Blair, C.Jones

There are going to be some surprising cuts this offseason....
^ Yeah, I don't have either Dial or Jones making the team. The guy who just made the team thanks to Smith's injury is Brock Coyle.
Originally posted by NCommand:
^ Yeah, I don't have either Dial or Jones making the team. The guy who just made the team thanks to Smith's injury is Brock Coyle.

Tank is a goner. Dial stays. Jones needs to be on the roster also
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 6, 2017 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Tank is a goner. Dial stays

Maybe...but so far, up to this point, Tank has been running with the 1's and Dial is mostly 3rd NT, some snaps at LDE.

Maybe...but so far, up to this point, Tank has been running with the 1's and Dial is mostly 3rd NT, some snaps at LDE.

Running with the ones is pretty much is his last audition.

Tank is likely to lose his spot with the ones when Thomas gets in gear. But the team still needs to have depth at that spot. Meanwhile there's just no way to keep three nose tackles. Dial is a good player, but he's not as clear a system fit as he was in a 3-4. He'll start... Just not for the 49ers. If there is trade value depends on injuries, as of right now, I don't see what team would be willing to do it. Washington maybe?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Don't be surprised to see Blair, Lynch, and Dial traded for OL, LB, CB, and/or S depth.
Originally posted by Still_too_soon:

Tank is likely to lose his spot with the ones when Thomas gets in gear. But the team still needs to have depth at that spot. Meanwhile there's just no way to keep three nose tackles. Dial is a good player, but he's not as clear a system fit as he was in a 3-4. He'll start... Just not for the 49ers. If there is trade value depends on injuries, as of right now, I don't see what team would be willing to do it. Washington maybe?

I've seen dial play inside and out. He is more than just an inside guy and with his height makes it it more attractive for saleh
Originally posted by GEEK:
Don't be surprised to see Blair, Lynch, and Dial traded for OL, LB, CB, and/or S depth.

Lynch and dial definitely has some value to get a second on the depth chart player

I disagree, I think Tank makes the team

I always thought Dail would eventually become a starter, great to hear he's doing well
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Damn near lock according to Jared Brown on twitter. Heard hes looking good.

Guys most likely to make the final roster:
S.Thomas, D.Buckner, A.Armstead, E.Mitchell
Guys who appear to have a set spot planned out:
T.Carradine (Still running with the 1st team), E.Dumerville (picked up specifically for pass rush), DJ Jones (Rookie NT is only other true NT outside of Mitchell)

That's 7 guys....how many do we take into the season? 9? 10?

That leaves at least two spots for the DLine meaning these are the bubble guys:

Q.Dial, A.Lynch, P.Taumoepenu, R.Blair, C.Jones

There are going to be some surprising cuts this offseason....

Good post!
Originally posted by Still_too_soon:

Good call.

TC has a way to go and injuries will definitely happen to every team.

Who knows, we may be able to package some guys and get a salary cap casualty from another team?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I disagree, I think Tank makes the team

Ditto!
  • jcs
  • Veteran

You're looking at it backwards, running with the 1's means he might start this year so they can bring Solomon in slowly. Running with the 3rd team is the last audition.
Share 49ersWebzone