LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Everyone remembers the games he "choked" but not the games he didn't. The most under appreciated qb in the league. I distinctly remember a Crayton dropping a pass in the end zone at the end of a playoff game that would have won the game. But guess who got blamed. Romo. One of the best qbs in the league out of the ring less ones.

He routinely throws multiple interceptions and makes bone headed mistakes in big games or critical moments of games.

Besides the moments where he chokes, he is pretty good, yeah.
This is great news. Cowboys will keep sucking, and pay lots of money for it!!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He routinely throws multiple interceptions and makes bone headed mistakes in big games or critical moments of games.

I disagree. He does make plays in key games, but once people have made up their mind about you...it's over. Similar to Smith. Some still think he sucks no matter how well he plays. The perception will always be there.

Romo doesn't deserve to be the highest paid QB, but he's top 10 IMO.
YES ......This means more money for Romo , and LESS money for the Girls to add more talent
Everyone remembers the games he "choked" but not the games he didn't. The most under appreciated qb in the league. I distinctly remember a Crayton dropping a pass in the end zone at the end of a playoff game that would have won the game. But guess who got blamed. Romo. One of the best qbs in the league out of the ring less ones.

Lest we not forget the botched snap that would have sent the Cowboys to the next round of the playoffs.

Dude is a choke artist. Plain and simple. I can't believe after all these years (not to mention interceptions) people are still blaming the o-line, defense, or whatever.
Originally posted by baltien:
Lest we not forget the botched snap that would have sent the Cowboys to the next round of the playoffs.

Dude is a choke artist. Plain and simple. I can't believe after all these years (not to mention interceptions) people are still blaming the o-line, defense, or whatever.

What does that have to do with his QB abilities? It's like a QB missing a tackle on special teams. I've never understood why people use that play when criticizing his play as a QB.
Originally posted by baltien:

What does that have to do with his QB abilities? It's like a QB missing a tackle on special teams. I've never understood why people use that play when criticizing his play as a QB.

See: Final game of regular season 2012 ... Cowboys vs. Redskins late 4th quarter interception. THAT is quintessential Tony Romo. THAT is what he does, and THAT is why he has the perception of choke artist - because he is.
Originally posted by Beeker:
See: Final game of regular season 2012 ... Cowboys vs. Redskins late 4th quarter interception. THAT is quintessential Tony Romo. THAT is what he does, and THAT is why he has the perception of choke artist - because he is.

You like to see what you want to see. You mention the Washington game but not the must win Pitt and NO games where he threw 6TD - 0int

I disagree. He does make plays in key games, but once people have made up their mind about you...it's over. Similar to Smith. Some still think he sucks no matter how well he plays. The perception will always be there.

Romo doesn't deserve to be the highest paid QB, but he's top 10 IMO.

He does make plays. He does win games.

But at the same token, he makes many bone headed mistakes veteran QBs have no business making.

Again, he is a good player who makes too many mental mistakes to be elite.

You like to see what you want to see. You mention the Washington game but not the must win Pitt and NO games where he threw 6TD - 0int

Ok so he can beat teams that don't make the playoffs and then he chokes against the ones that do

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
overpaid. He isn't better than Flacco, and Flacco is overpaid.

except for when he beat us in 2011...
Tony Romo is asked to do more than a large majority of NFL quarterbacks. Does he have a fair share of bad games or chokes? Sure. But he also has more responsibility than most QBs and his successes are largely overshadowed by his mistakes.....even though his chokes are not nearly as frequent as some claim them to be.
I'm scared what Kaepernick's contract will be. We should resign him before he command top 5 money, which he may already.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Would you rather have tony romo or Alex smith

Alex, hands down.

is this a joke?
Share 49ersWebzone