LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Didn't Jerry say that this offseason was going to hurt? Meaning that Romo was on his way out?

I was thinking that Romo to the Jets would make a good fit.

S'alll gravy , baby. Cowboys just screwed themselves 20x over.
Originally posted by job2436:
1 playoff win = 6 yrs $108 million???? So does that mean Kap deserves $200 mil??? Hehe too funny

shhh keep it down. I don't want Kaep to get any ideas browsing the interwebs.
good for us
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Everyone remembers the games he "choked" but not the games he didn't. The most under appreciated qb in the league. I distinctly remember a Crayton dropping a pass in the end zone at the end of a playoff game that would have won the game. But guess who got blamed. Romo. One of the best qbs in the league out of the ring less ones.
I guess this is a QB driven league. Two of the most overrated QBs today get big blockbuster deals.

But might be a good job on Dallas' front office, considering they're moving money. They can probably cut him a few years down the road while they look for his replacement.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Alex has 1 more playoff win than Romo

No he doesnt. They are tied and I'd take Romo over Alex any day of the week especially with Harbaugh and a coaching staff that knows what they're doing.
Another average qb getting a ridiculous salary. Joe Flacco is the king of this garbage, no way he lives up to that deal. Alex is as good as either of these two. They are not on par with Rodgers, Brees, Brady. This league confuses me.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
They should have waited on Carson Palmer because they could have traded Romo straight up for him

So you think Palmer has a better chance to lead the cowboys to the Superbowl in the next 4 years?

Which part of Tony Romo being a choke artist do you not understand? They have little chance with Romo choking in every big game. They'd have a better chance with Palmer.

Nobody has a better chance with Palmer. The Cowboys real issue is their idiotic retard of an owner. Not that I give a f**k hopefully he buries that franchise for good. Signing Romo with contracts like this is only the first nail in the coffin. Palmer is equally as trash as Romo I don't care how many yards he threw for.

Romo has proven incapable of winning any meaningful game. It doesn't matter who the next guy is, you have to figure if they aren't going to get it done with Romo, then they have an equal chance with the next guy.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Everyone remembers the games he "choked" but not the games he didn't. The most under appreciated qb in the league. I distinctly remember a Crayton dropping a pass in the end zone at the end of a playoff game that would have won the game. But guess who got blamed. Romo. One of the best qbs in the league out of the ring less ones.

He's not even in the top 10 of ringless qb's... Colin, Russel, RG3, Luck, Alex Smith, Dalton, Matty Ice, Matt Shaub, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton. All those guys are way better than tony and most have more playoff wins.

Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
No he doesnt. They are tied and I'd take Romo over Alex any day of the week especially with Harbaugh and a coaching staff that knows what they're doing.

No, can't see this. Romo's been in the league how many years, and still tries to make plays on his back. Arg. Recipe for disaster. At this point there no learning new tricks. Never really was impressed by his choices under pressure.. plus, only 50M is guaranteed over 6 years. That puts him a little low, doesn't it? Isn't that why the cap came down for Dallas.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He's not even in the top 10 of ringless qb's... Colin, Russel, RG3, Luck, Alex Smith, Dalton, Matty Ice, Matt Shaub, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton. All those guys are way better than tony and most have more playoff wins.

Terrible
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No, can't see this. Romo's been in the league how many years, and still tries to make plays on his back. Arg. Recipe for disaster. At this point there no learning new tricks. Never really was impressed by his choices under pressure.. plus, only 50M is guaranteed over 6 years. That puts him a little low, doesn't it? Isn't that why the cap came down for Dallas.

I think he's a lot better than given credit for. Some boneheaded decisions no doubt but I think its cool to crap on him so people do it. If he was a free agent he'd have most of the teams in this league willing to give him a big contract. He is Favre. The only diff is people like to forget the amount of boneheaded game killing plays favre made.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
What if he breaks a pinky and misses a season?
Share 49ersWebzone