Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Would you rather have tony romo or Alex smith

Alex, hands down.

is this a joke?

Me choosing Alex over Romo? No, it's not a joke.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Romo in the post season is 1-3... 1 win. Matt ice even has a win now. Colin took us to the superbowl... Russel almost got there as a rookie. RG3 would have won had he actually been healthy. Alex smith took us to the nfc championship which we almost won. Luck made it to the playoffs but lost to the ravens even we couldn't beat them. Again romo has one win and three losses. Point stands romo sucks and will never get dallas a ring. He can't even get 8-8 and into the playoffs... Hell Mike vick has more wins than romo in the playoffs!

*sigh*

It's a team game. Creighton makes that catch in the endzone it's 2-2 in the playoffs. Romo doesn't fumble that snap (Qb's are not holders, so this gaffe should not be judged as a QB)...he's 3-1 or maybe better. See how things work?

Lets not post up playoff numbers as if the guy's a pitcher.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
*sigh*

It's a team game. Creighton makes that catch in the endzone it's 2-2 in the playoffs. Romo doesn't fumble that snap (Qb's are not holders, so this gaffe should not be judged as a QB)...he's 3-1 or maybe better. See how things work?

Joe Montana says OH HAI!!!!!

Alex, hands down.

is this a joke?

I'd take Alex over Romo. Say what you want about Alex, but he won't lose you the game. Romo will.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
*sigh*

Joe Montana says OH HAI!!!!!

Boom That just happened. Romo sucks could of should of would of. Romo is the leader the qb and at the end of the day it's always the qb's fault if they lost.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Alex, hands down.

is this a joke?

I'd take Alex over Romo. Say what you want about Alex, but he won't lose you the game. Romo will.

Romo is so much better than AS that it's really not even worth a discussion.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Alex, hands down.

is this a joke?

Romo is so much better than AS that it's really not even worth a discussion.

So let me get this straight. This is a discussion about something that isn't worth a discussion.

Right.
Originally posted by English:
So let me get this straight. This is a discussion about something that isn't worth a discussion.

Right.

Oh look who it is. Why am I not surprised?

Tony Romo is more accurate, more poised, and is a better scrambler within the pocket. He's also never had a supporting cast quite as talented as we had in 11 and 12. He's NEVER had a QB rating of less than 90.5 in any season. In his last 2 seasons, he's thrown for 59 TDs to 29 INTs and over 9000 (!) yards, including 4900 last year. He also threw the ball 650 times...a testament to how much they rely on him because they have NOTHING else.

Obviously this is my opinion but I think the stats, and definitely the general consensus (on a non 9er board) back me up. If you just watch them play, it should be crystal clear who the better QB is.

Right.

Tony Romo is more accurate, more poised, and is a better scrambler within the pocket. He's also never had a supporting cast quite as talented as we had in 11 and 12. He's NEVER had a QB rating of less than 90.5 in any season. In his last 2 seasons, he's thrown for 59 TDs to 29 INTs and over 9000 (!) yards, including 4900 last year. He also threw the ball 650 times...a testament to how much they rely on him because they have NOTHING else.

Obviously this is my opinion but I think the stats, and definitely the general consensus (on a non 9er board) back me up. If you just watch them play, it should be crystal clear who the better QB is.

I have no idea why you are not surprised. I agree that Romo is, on the whole, a better qb but I think that Smith is, on the whole, better under pressure.

And your ability to keep discussing something which is not worthy of discussion is impressive.

Right.

I have no idea why you are not surprised. I agree that Romo is, on the whole, a better qb but I think that Smith is, on the whole, better under pressure.

And your ability to keep discussing something which is not worthy of discussion is impressive.

Stop inciting. You have to be the worst mod I've ever seen on this board and I'm surprised they've let you last this long. All you do is troll.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Right.

Stop inciting. You have to be the worst mod I've ever seen on this board and I'm surprised they've let you last this long. All you do is troll.

Nice try.

Right.

Inciting? When he voiced his opinion????

Take a breather and chill, bro. Just get back to the discussion and don't make it personal. And for what if its worth, if you have issues in how the Mods do their job, PM would suffice.

Share 49ersWebzone