LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This is PSHYCHOTC!!! Romo is an OKAY ONLY type QB. He's not bad but he's NOT top 10 and this is getting outta control all these stupid $100 million QB contracts, its such a turnoff to all us normal working Americans. I guess its NOT ABOUT winning and all about Marketing, boy was I wrong all these years. Absolutely Discusted!!

Dude if you were responsible for making your owner millions and millions and millions of dollars, wouldn't you want an appropriate proportional cut?
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Since every single thing Jerry Jones does is wrong, you have doomed yourself, as your opinion is now invalrod.

1 - Well I share most peoples pessimism about Jerry Jones but the cowboys have been consistently mediocre every year so I wouldn't say he is a total idiot. Last year they did play for the division championship did they not? People hate the Cowboys so much that any time they don't make the playoffs, they are brandished as terrible when that isn't true. If that is the litmus test, than I guess an overwhelming amount of teams suck. For the record, I enjoy watching "Americas Team" lose.. By the way, what is 2 - invalrod?

2 things -

1 - Jerry Jones paying Tony Romo $100 mil plus, $55 mil guaranteed, $25 mil signing bonus, is the move a COMPLETE IDIOT.
2 - You'll figure this one out the longer you're on the board.
Originally posted by Beeker:
2 things -

1 - Jerry Jones paying Tony Romo $100 mil plus, $55 mil guaranteed, $25 mil signing bonus, is the move a COMPLETE IDIOT.

If you put a value on him of that aggregate number than we agree but if you were Jerry Jones with that team, what would you have done differently? Jerry Jones biggest failure has been his inability to find quality coaches because he is such a control freak but the talent has been there if you believe the expert pundits.
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
They should have waited on Carson Palmer because they could have traded Romo straight up for him
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
They should have waited on Carson Palmer because they could have traded Romo straight up for him

So you think Palmer has a better chance to lead the cowboys to the Superbowl in the next 4 years?
This is why owners should not be GMs

Hip Hip, Hooray for Harbaalke
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
2 things -

If you put a value on him of that aggregate number than we agree but if you were Jerry Jones with that team, what would you have done differently? Jerry Jones biggest failure has been his inability to find quality coaches because he is such a control freak but the talent has been there if you believe the expert pundits.

12thman, for the record, the Cowpukes are my most hated team in all of sports. I'm also a SF Giants fan, and I hate the Cowchips more than I hate the Dodgers, and that ain't easy. Jerry Jones, for the last 15 years, has driven that franchise straight into the ground. I still have issues with him flat out firing Tom Landry. Yes, I hate the Cowpunks, but I give respect where it's due.

Now, as a lifelong 49ers fan, I enjoy seeing the Cowgirls be a mediocre to horrible team. The more they miss the playoffs, the happier I am. Truth be told, I'm glad Jerry gave Romo all that money - they will continue to be in salary cap hell for at least the next 4-5 years, if not longer. That team has had some talent - just not at the QB spot. How many years has Romo started for that team? 8 so far. How many playoff wins? 1 ... 1 measly playoff win. That team is rapidly turning into a disaster area, and I for one couldn't be happier.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM ]
12thman, for the record, the Cowpukes are my most hated team in all of sports. I'm also a SF Giants fan, and I hate the Cowchips more than I hate the Dodgers, and that ain't easy. Jerry Jones, for the last 15 years, has driven that franchise straight into the ground. I still have issues with him flat out firing Tom Landry. Yes, I hate the Cowpunks, but I give respect where it's due.

Now, as a lifelong 49ers fan, I enjoy seeing the Cowgirls be a mediocre to horrible team. The more they miss the playoffs, the happier I am. Truth be told, I'm glad Jerry gave Romo all that money - they will continue to be in salary cap hell for at least the next 4-5 years, if not longer. That team has had some talent - just not at the QB spot. How many years has Romo started for that team? 8 so far. How many playoff wins? 1 ... 1 measly playoff win. That team is rapidly turning into a disaster area, and I for one couldn't be happier.

Can't argue with that sentiment
Cowboys circling the drain, NFC east weak and the NFC West the most powerful division in the NFL with the #1 and #2 spots in power rankings?

East coast media twiddles their thumbs while the Niners and Seahawks fight an epic battle for NFL supremacy?

What's not to like?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Cowboys circling the drain, NFC east weak and the NFC West the most powerful division in the NFL with the #1 and #2 spots in power rankings?

East coast media twiddles their thumbs while the Niners and Seahawks fight an epic battle for NFL supremacy?

What's not to like?

Amen, brother!

Originally posted by GNielsen:

What's not to like?

Amen, brother!

+2

Jerry Jones is Al Davis 2.0
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
FINE!! I love it!!!

As long as the Niners aren't throwing Hard Earned cash down the drain... This is good news!!!!

Another NFC team wasting cash on a Dump Truck... NO FRIKKEN PROBLEM... I Absolutely Love It
Cool. One more reason why we won't be seeing Dallas in the post season for the next 6 years.
So when we pay colin this kind of money on his next contract will we be dumb? He choked in the superbowl couldn't win the big one.
Jerra has officially lost his freakin' mind. It's straight up lunacy. Kap is already better than Romo. (Which reminds me, Kap will be commanding a s**tload of moolah when he's up for contract renewal.)
Share 49ersWebzone