LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lol, guess the NFC doesn't have to worry about the cowgirls for the next six years.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the Cowboys and Romo have agreed to a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus, according to the quarterback's agent, RJ Gonser.

Originally posted by Jcool:
For those wondering why or Dallas is crazy:

who would have counted $16.8 million against this year's salary cap if he didn't have a new contract. The new deal will reduce Romo's cap number for 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-deal-done-romo-gets-more-guaranteed-money-than-flacco/

still wondering why and Dallas is still bats**t crazy
Originally posted by vrabbit:

who would have counted $16.8 million against this year's salary cap if he didn't have a new contract. The new deal will reduce Romo's cap number for 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-deal-done-romo-gets-more-guaranteed-money-than-flacco/

They only had like a million dollars to sign the rookies with before this deal. Should free up some money to actually sign the draft picks maybe get a freeagent cause you know jerry loves to get one every year.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

They only had like a million dollars to sign the rookies with before this deal. Should free up some money to actually sign the draft picks maybe get a freeagent cause you know jerry loves to get one every year.

I mean I get that, but this is basically Tony bending the old man over and raping him with a chainsaw (Legbreaker's famous words). Was Tony owed his full salary this season? They'd been better off cutting him man. The amount of faith they reportedly have in him (and that this extension shows) is ridiculously insane.
Suave
Ha Ha
Suffer in salary cap hell with Romo.
These crazy contracts are not gonna be good for us when it comes time to resign our own QB.
wait, $108M overall, $55M guaranteed, for a what 7 year vet with what? 1 win? How the hell more crazy can Jerry Jones get. Put down the GM hat, and be an owner only, you senile b*****d. Thank god I am not a Cowboys fans. My brother must be pissed, he prefers Orton to Romo.

I mean I get that, but this is basically Tony bending the old man over and raping him with a chainsaw (Legbreaker's famous words). Was Tony owed his full salary this season? They'd been better off cutting him man. The amount of faith they reportedly have in him (and that this extension shows) is ridiculously insane.
What is jerry to do, he needs cap relief. You think he's going to cut a qb who is a probowler in a weak qb class. Fans would be pissed if they cut Tony they don't have a backup plan for him, lol kyle orton isn't a savour. So they over paid freed some cap space up and can look to fix the defense. Not like this was the colts who had the first pick overall sitting with either andrew luck or RG3 and having a 20 million dollar qb coming off a injury. They made a move and overpaid for an above avg qb.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wait, $108M overall, $55M guaranteed, for a what 7 year vet with what? 1 win? How the hell more crazy can Jerry Jones get. Put down the GM hat, and be an owner only, you senile b*****d. Thank god I am not a Cowboys fans. My brother must be pissed, he prefers Orton to Romo.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the Cowboys and Romo have agreed to a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus, according to the quarterback's agent, RJ Gonser.

What is jerry to do, he needs cap relief. You think he's going to cut a qb who is a probowler in a weak qb class. Fans would be pissed if they cut Tony they don't have a backup plan for him, lol kyle orton isn't a savour. So they over paid freed some cap space up and can look to fix the defense. Not like this was the colts who had the first pick overall sitting with either andrew luck or RG3 and having a 20 million dollar qb coming off a injury. They made a move and overpaid for an above avg qb.

Ah, fans are still pissed. Overpaying is an understatement. I can see that it wasn't an easy situation, but you basically solve an issue by creating another one.

i dunno about that....... Ware is probably the only member the team (player, coach, management) that their fanbase unanimously likes.
Romo is a great QB but he's not a 100 million dollar QB.
Share 49ersWebzone