LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is PSHYCHOTC!!! Romo is an OKAY ONLY type QB. He's not bad but he's NOT top 10 and this is getting outta control all these stupid $100 million QB contracts, its such a turnoff to all us normal working Americans. I guess its NOT ABOUT winning and all about Marketing, boy was I wrong all these years. Absolutely Discusted!!
Romo has already proven he cant win big games. The bigger the game, the harder he chokes. Its well documented now.

Why then Jerry Jones would lock himself into 6 more years of a lame duck QB baffles me. Hes NOT going to lead Dallas to a SB. There goes 6 years and 108 mil. down the drain for the Cowboys.

cant say im not amused though. lol
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This is PSHYCHOTC!!! Romo is an OKAY ONLY type QB. He's not bad but he's NOT top 10 and this is getting outta control all these stupid $100 million QB contracts, its such a turnoff to all us normal working Americans. I guess its NOT ABOUT winning and all about Marketing, boy was I wrong all these years. Absolutely Discusted!!

I disagree. I think he's a top 10 qb but he ain't worth no 100 million plus.
Dallas should blame Flacco for this.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Dallas should blame Flacco for this.

Jerry has no one to blame but himself. It's completely off the deep end to give Romo that kind of money for the performance he's had. Even Al Davis is laughing at Jerry right now.
I love it because Romo is not the answer and Dallas will continue to be a 9-7 team.
Romo is 1-4 in the playoffs. Jerry Jones has lost his fricking mind.... And, I love it!

I do hope, though, that quarterbacks like Kaepernick understand that just because Jerry Jones has lost his mind doesn't mean everyone is entitled to Tony Romo money. Me and another guy might both have perfect, classic '57 Chevy's for sale. Just because some imbecile comes along and spends $50K on his doesn't mean mine is now magically worth $50K.
Jerry Jones is an idiot.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Would you rather have tony romo or Alex smith

Alex, hands down.

Before harbaugh showed up and gave him a new life?
Alex has 1 more playoff win than Romo

This is what happens when a team does not have a GM. Romo and Flacco, two quarterbacks that are better than average but less than elite. Kaep better start looking for a top financial advisor.

The cowboys didn't have a choice. If they didn't sign him to a long term deal then the Cowboys have a huge hit against the salary cap and can't sign anybody. Given their contract situation and age of the team, they have about 3 to 4 years to try an win a Superbowl. He had leverage against them and if you cut him, you would basically have to dismantle the entire team and start over. Since the quarterback class this year sucks, it is realistic to say it could be 5-6 years to completely rebuild the team and turn it into a contender so you might as well pay the man and go for it (even if the chances are remote). By the 4th year they will cut him and start over so do you want to suck for the next 4 years, or at least be competitive. If I were an owner, I would have done the same thing Jerry Jones did.
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
The cowboys didn't have a choice. If they didn't sign him to a long term deal then the Cowboys have a huge hit against the salary cap and can't sign anybody. Given their contract situation and age of the team, they have about 3 to 4 years to try an win a Superbowl. He had leverage against them and if you cut him, you would basically have to dismantle the entire team and start over. Since the quarterback class this year sucks, it is realistic to say it could be 5-6 years to completely rebuild the team and turn it into a contender so you might as well pay the man and go for it (even if the chances are remote). By the 4th year they will cut him and start over so do you want to suck for the next 4 years, or at least be competitive. If I were an owner, I would have done the same thing Jerry Jones did.

Since every single thing Jerry Jones does is wrong, you have doomed yourself, as your opinion is now invalrod.
It's so funny to hear people say highest paid player in team history. Have to throw history in there even though with the exception of maybe Indy, the highest paid player on every team is the highest paid player in their team's history. Same thing whenever someone gets the biggest contract in the league, people always throw in 'of all time' as if the highest paid player in the league is ever NOT the highest paid player in the league's history. Like all of a sudden they're gonna adopt a 70's wage scale or something.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Since every single thing Jerry Jones does is wrong, you have doomed yourself, as your opinion is now invalrod.

Well I share most peoples pessimism about Jerry Jones but the cowboys have been consistently mediocre every year so I wouldn't say he is a total idiot. Last year they did play for the division championship did they not? People hate the Cowboys so much that any time they don't make the playoffs, they are brandished as terrible when that isn't true. If that is the litmus test, than I guess an overwhelming amount of teams suck. For the record, I enjoy watching "Americas Team" lose.. By the way, what is invalrod?
Share 49ersWebzone