There are 159 users in the forums

How to save the probowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
First Step of saving the pro bowl, is require the players that get voted into it to actually have to show up minus injuries. Every yr guys like Tom Brady etc skip out to go Golfing.. The NFL Should require them to play. 2nd bring back the skills challenge .. and lastly you might laugh, but Put flags on the QBs and allow Blitzing. The reason why the Oline and D doesnt try is because there is no blitzing allowed. So its like saying hey JJ Watt, D Ware, Aldon, ETC thanks for coming to the Pro Bowl now stand on the field and watch everyone else do their jobs because youre not allowed to. That is what has made the game a joke.
Originally posted by Fricker:
First Step of saving the pro bowl, is require the players that get voted into it to actually have to show up minus injuries. Every yr guys like Tom Brady etc skip out to go Golfing.. The NFL Should require them to play. 2nd bring back the skills challenge .. and lastly you might laugh, but Put flags on the QBs and allow Blitzing. The reason why the Oline and D doesnt try is because there is no blitzing allowed. So its like saying hey JJ Watt, D Ware, Aldon, ETC thanks for coming to the Pro Bowl now stand on the field and watch everyone else do their jobs because youre not allowed to. That is what has made the game a joke.

Skills challenge was the best part
CK interview at halftime!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Has Bruno Mars stopped singing yet?
Meh. It's a meaningless game. The only major incentive you can do is money, but what happens when you have guys who make like $10+ million a year? Unless the league can offer a huge amount of money, here's no major reason for them to go.

There's a couple things you can do, like others have mentioned, such as donating money to charity, but overall, I don't think the NFL should push players so hard.

It's a game where players can have fun, meet the other superstars throughout the league, and provide a fan experience. I think it should be more about rewarding players (with the Hawaii vacation) and providing a fan experience.

As for the competitiveness of the game, with the limited rule-set, and no major incentive.. just make the game fun, and try to bill it as seeing who comes out on top among the league's best.

And for pete's sake, let the Super Bowl players play! The best teams in the league naturally feature some of the best players in the league. Why deprive the Pro Bowl of those guys?
I thought the game today's pro bowl was a pretty good watch. They where definitely putting some effort into it and it was pretty funny watching JJ watt set out wide and JPP playing CB.

The 5 screwdrivers I imbibed may have helped a bit but I thought it was pretty entertaining game.
i miss the old skill competitions
Scrap the whole thing, and only name players to the All-Pro team. Keep the Senior Bowl, and maybe add another game where regular joes can play and show off their skills to NFL scouts. We've all heard these stories about guys who worked at a grocery store, and somehow get on a team and have an impact. I would rather see these guys going full speed than Eli talking to the talking about his and Peyton's children playing in the pool. It could also be a second chance for guys like Jamarcus Russell, or other guys that squandered their opportunity.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Jan 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM ]
Make the probowl the international game of the year instead of a regular season game. The stadium will be packed and the foreigners will get to see a lot of offense and maybe a hit every three or so years.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Make the probowl the international game of the year instead of a regular season game. The stadium will be packed and the foreigners will get to see a lot of offense and maybe a hit every three or so years.

leave the probowl in hawaii.

the probowl is more for the players than anything. they played at lot harder this year and last year, shows they want to keep it.

and move it back to after the superbowl.

but bring back the skills competition. i think that would help promote the game more.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM ]
Pro Bowl has always sucked. Why is it such a big deal now?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

It's not selling tickets. The stadium is empty. Europe ProBowl will be packed and loud AND they get to see all the star players. It will generate a lot of money.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

It's not selling tickets. The stadium is empty. Europe ProBowl will be packed and loud AND they get to see all the star players. It will generate a lot of money.

keep it in hawaii for the players. they want it in hawaii.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cheerleader lingerie bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone