LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

Bruce Arians is next Cardinals HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm fine with the hire. There is no Andrew Luck on the roster. There is no Andrew Luck in the draft. Even if they got Alex Smith, Arizona would be good, but we would have no reason to fear them. If nothing else, they may get more out of Kolb, but if Horton departs (and hopefully they don't hire Love Smith or something), that team stays average.

More importantly, they're going to stay largely one dimensional. This will be similar to the Colts hiring Lindy Infante to be their head coach, without someone restraining Arians, he's going with the "throw it long" offense. He should get Rex Grossman to be his quarterback.

Now only time will tell if...

A) Bruce Arians, like Kevin Kolb and Matt Flyn, rode a hot streak for a game or in this case a season and is actually average at best.

and

B) I've heard a little rumor that Jim Harbaugh was only a good coach at Stanford because of Andrew Luck. Let's see how the Arian Nation responds to this!

Although I hope baby-Jesus doesn't grant Arizona Alex Smith, it sure would be interesting to see that match up twice a year
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

A) Bruce Arians, like Kevin Kolb and Matt Flyn, rode a hot streak for a game or in this case a season and is actually average at best.

and

B) I've heard a little rumor that Jim Harbaugh was only a good coach at Stanford because of Andrew Luck. Let's see how the Arian Nation responds to this!

Although I hope baby-Jesus doesn't grant Arizona Alex Smith, it sure would be interesting to see that match up twice a year
well obviously that was proved wrong since harbaugh was successful in his first year in the pros with a QB who was thought of as a Bust. and now he is successful with a QB that so many people said was just a mobile player
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

and

well obviously that was proved wrong since harbaugh was successful in his first year in the pros with a QB who was thought of as a Bust. and now he is successful with a QB that so many people said was just a mobile player

Yeah of course not to mention he's the first coach in a long time to lead us to consecutive NFC Championship games with TWO different QB's! Amazing. I'd like to see the same stigmatation placed on Harbaugh put on Bruce Arians.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
On the other hand, we've got the Indianapolis Colts, otherwise known as "the worst 11-5 team in NFL history." I don't mean to take anything away from the Colts' big win over Houston yesterday. The Colts get 54.3% DVOA for that game, by far their best single-game DVOA of the season. It was enough to raise them up almost five percentage points, and they went from 28th to 25th. But this is still the worst 11-5 team ever. The Colts have -16.0% DVOA, making them the first team to ever go 11-5 with a DVOA below -10%.

The only other teams to go 11-5 with negative DVOA were the 2000 Vikings (-6.3%), the 2004 Falcons (-4.8%), and the 2005 Bears (-0.9%). In fact, even if they had lost to Houston on Sunday, the Colts would be the first team to ever go 10-6 with DVOA below -10%. Would you prefer simple points scored and allowed to complicated DVOA? OK, well, the Colts were the first 11-5 team ever to be outscored by their opponents, 387-357. The difference between the Colts' regular winning percentage and Pythagorean winning percentage, .238, is the second-highest since the AFL-NFL merger. The only team with a bigger gap was the 1992 Indianapolis Colts, who went 9-7 despite being outscored 302-216. That Colts team had a -27.2% DVOA. They were 1-15 the year before and 4-12 the year after. I have a feeling that the 2013 Colts won't be that bad, because they're going to get improvement from their young quarterback and they'll draft a lot of talent on defense, but their luck will regress even if their Luck does not. The Colts are also unlikely to play the league's easiest schedule again

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2012-dvoa-ratings
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LULZ.......dude's gonna be an absolutely mediocre head coach, I can see it coming. Double LULZ if Horton is too butt-hurt to return and leaves as a result.

LOL that's exactly what appears to have happened:

Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 reports that Horton had a heated exchange with new Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim when he found out that Arians got the job. Mike Garafolo of USA Today reports that Horton is "pissed."

Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that Horton is out as the Arizona defensive coordinator. Per Silver, he'll be replaced by former Eagles defensive coordinator Todd Bowles on Bruce Arians' staff.

link1 link2
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM ]
LOL Arizona, the most racist state in America can now call themselves the "Arians Brotherhood" lol.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL Arizona, the most racist state in America can now call themselves the "Arians Brotherhood" lol.

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Mississippi State Flag... just saying...
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
yep and he would be stupid to take a college HC job because all he needs is another great season as a OC to be a shoe-in for a HC job in the NFL

This is why I think he stays. Recruiting is brutal in college and I think he waits on his chance to get an NFL gig

Hey......easy there.

And for the record, the most racist place I've ever been to by far was Boston. Although some of the smaller backwoods towns of Tennessee make for a close 2nd.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM ]
Without the emotional advantage of Chuckstrong, I don't see him succeeding
Originally posted by dhp318:
Without Andrew Luck, I don't see him succeeding

I fixed it for you.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for InconvenientTruth21.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Bruce Arians has agreed to a contract to coach the Cardinals. Could end up bringing Todd Bowles as his DC if Eagles let him go

Lol Tards fans will be pissed if Cornrow leaves

still makes me laugh
Wow, from Ray Horton to Todd Bowles
what a huge downgrade for their defense

The cardinals are gonna suck ass next year
Share 49ersWebzone