LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Surprise team

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I like how the Bills have improved their D, and if Fitzpatrick can stay healthy and productive like he did in the beginning of last year, they could be a good team and a wild card winner.

I got a buddy from Long Island NY who is a die hard Bills fan. I watch Bills games with him a lot and looks like they are trying to go to the spread offense under Fitzpatrick. The problem was they looked God awful doing it in preseason. Hopefully their problem is corrected for their sake.

That is a good point. Their first string offense was awful this preseason. Wasn't aware they were trying to go spread.

Wonder if they feel they were able to correct the issues or go back to what was working for them the first half of last season?
Panthers
thuh raidurz
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I like how the Bills have improved their D, and if Fitzpatrick can stay healthy and productive like he did in the beginning of last year, they could be a good team and a wild card winner.

I got a buddy from Long Island NY who is a die hard Bills fan. I watch Bills games with him a lot and looks like they are trying to go to the spread offense under Fitzpatrick. The problem was they looked God awful doing it in preseason. Hopefully their problem is corrected for their sake.

That is a good point. Their first string offense was awful this preseason. Wasn't aware they were trying to go spread.

Wonder if they feel they were able to correct the issues or go back to what was working for them the first half of last season?

Bills look good but Chan Gailey is a pretty crappy coach and I feel he'll be the one to ultimately hold them back. But with the talent they have on both sides of the ball, they can still make a run at the wildcard despite Gailey.

Not much of a "surprise", but I think Chicago is going to be very very good this season and may unseat Green Bay in that division. They're better on defense and they finally have a weapon in Marshall at the WR position.

I think Tampa will show flashes this season with added talent and Schiano at the helm (dude single-handedly turned around an abysmal Rutgers program), but I don't think it will jell enough until year 2. So I can see them going 6-10 but pulling out some surprise victories.
Really like the chiefs this seasn. With hillis and charles the running game will be very good. Plus the have a really good defense.... I think they go 11-5 win the afc west.
[ Edited by bleeds9ersredandgold on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
I'm going to say the Raiders..

I think they have a chance to really make the playoffs if Carson can limit the turnovers. McFadden is a top 5 RB, and with those crazy fast young recievers, I think they can win 9 games.
Bengals or Panthers
Originally posted by denali22:
I'm going to say the Raiders..

I think they have a chance to really make the playoffs if Carson can limit the turnovers. McFadden is a top 5 RB, and with those crazy fast young recievers, I think they can win 9 games.
This

I feel the same, their D looked really good, like u said if Carson can tone down on some of the TO's and DMC can stay healthy they might be pretty darn good.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM ]
colts
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
colts

that will be no surprise to me. They tanked on purpose last season.

Chargers! Rivers, gates, matthews stay healthy! They added royal who was good wit cutler, meachem! Most assume wit norvs record as head coach chargers wont cross that hill. I can actually see them in afc championship game! Would love a niner charger repeat! Or bengals! Niners victory of course! Chargers have the skill players to get it done!
Originally posted by frankie:
Chargers! Rivers, gates, matthews stay healthy! They added royal who was good wit cutler, meachem! Most assume wit norvs record as head coach chargers wont cross that hill. I can actually see them in afc championship game! Would love a niner charger repeat! Or bengals! Niners victory of course! Chargers have the skill players to get it done!

Gates will struggle with foot issues again and consider retiring. Mathews will start strong and get hurt. Floyd will be their star.
[ Edited by strickac on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
For some reason I've really liked the Titans this year. Love Locker going forward.
Seacocks
Originally posted by Overkill:
Seacocks

i wouldn't call them a surprise anymore. they're sexy pick 2012.
Share 49ersWebzone