There are 163 users in the forums

Parys Haralson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Haggins as a 49er doesn't impress me in the least. I'd have much preferred to give Bakhtiari a shot, or even LaBoy, if we want more experienced depth.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
This is a huge blow. If Brooks or Smith get injured the 49ers are in serious trouble. Is anyone but me scared of the fact that Clark Haggans might actually have to start a game this year?

apparantly not bud. everyone thinks we will just fine,, jesus. we do not even know if brooks and smith are 100 per cent and we do not even know if clark will play sunday.. they think we will be fine because green bay does not run the ball well. we are short and thin in a key area playing rogers at green bay and to many we are just fine. denial
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Haggins as a 49er doesn't impress me in the least. I'd have much preferred to give Bakhtiari a shot, or even LaBoy, if we want more experienced depth.
did you not get the memo today,,,,,, the coaches and front office know best. yeah they did a bang up job on this one esp if the hearing tomorrow comes back against them in regards to clark. But I forgot, this is not willis we lost so we are just fine
Originally posted by cciowa:
did you not get the memo today,,,,,, the coaches and front office know best. yeah they did a bang up job on this one esp if the hearing tomorrow comes back against them in regards to clark. But I forgot, this is not willis we lost so we are just fine

Haha, yeah... I have no real issues with the memo. Just stating a small preference, but I trust this bunch and don't get caught up too much in the backup choices.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Haha, yeah... I have no real issues with the memo. Just stating a small preference, but I trust this bunch and don't get caught up too much in the backup choices.
can you try to explain thier thinking,. they know they are going to put someone on injured reserve, they then cut a person who was very respectable and could have filled this void, then they go out and thier solution is to sign a 35 year who they know may get suspended one to 3 games. what the f**k are they thinking? then on the side we have no clue if brooks or smith are 100 per cent.., it may be "just a backup" but this is a huge deal in my opinion esp when you look at where and who we open up with sunday.

You worry warts need to chill -- Vic got this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

You worry warts need to chill -- Vic got this.
i was very worried about this very key area of our team on the eve of one of the biggest games we play all year but now I have this nice picture of vic with his thumbs up so that makes me feel much better jesus f**king christ
Ugh horrible loss. I guess we might see more 4-3 than we're used to or some Nickel if one of the OLBs has to sit?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Haralson tore a muscle in his arm
can you try to explain thier thinking,. they know they are going to put someone on injured reserve, they then cut a person who was very respectable and could have filled this void, then they go out and thier solution is to sign a 35 year who they know may get suspended one to 3 games. what the f**k are they thinking? then on the side we have no clue if brooks or smith are 100 per cent.., it may be "just a backup" but this is a huge deal in my opinion esp when you look at where and who we open up with sunday.

The bolded is where your thinking goes awry. BakhtIari is a scrub. His 2 sacks against players who are also on the street right now were a illusion and gave fans a false sense of who he is as a player. He's a hard working player with limited skill and athletic ability. He's someone that's been cut 7 times in 4 years. The staff gave him every opportunity to change their mind and after ota's, training camp and 4 preseason games, he was what he was........ Not a nfl player.

Haggens on the other hand is a old as dust 10 year starter and played the last few years in the division. We know exactly what were getting.

The most confusing and scary part is the three game suspension possibility.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM ]

I find it amazing how many screamed from the mountain tops for Haralson to be cut for the entire offseason and are now completely paniced that he is out for the year. For the record I thought it was crazy to cut him as the primary back up, but the guy is far from irreplacable. I think we can get enough out Haggens if Aldon steps up to an every down guy, and the odds of needing Haggens much in the time he stands to be suspended arent all that bad...and guys of Bahktiari's quality can be had off the street should something horrible happen (knock on wood)
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I find it amazing how many screamed from the mountain tops for Haralson to be cut for the entire offseason and are now completely paniced that he is out for the year. For the record I thought it was crazy to cut him as the primary back up, but the guy is far from irreplacable. I think we can get enough out Haggens if Aldon steps up to an every down guy, and the odds of needing Haggens much in the time he stands to be suspended arent all that bad...and guys of Bahktiari's quality can be had off the street should something horrible happen (knock on wood)

The panic isnt because we're losing his skill set. The panic is because of how shallow we are at OLB. One more injury at that position could mean real trouble.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

The panic isnt because we're losing his skill set. The panic is because of how shallow we are at OLB. One more injury at that position could mean real trouble.
and thier solution was to sign someone who they knew may not play sunday. oh well as along as we have our little blue shirts, we should be ok. anyone know if brooks or smith are 100 per cent sunday? if we have no haggens and they have to play the whole game i wonder how that will work out. even at 100 per cent they still need a break , oh i forgot.. miller at fullback can see if he can play linebacker, yes rogers will have fun with that one
Not really. It could be an inconvience for the game in which it occurs...but the vast majority of the guys we could have kept plus a few more other options will be on the street. Your looking at a three game span at the most that Haggans could be suspended, and it could easily be less. The odds are not all that high that we will need him in that time. We could easily kick an MLB backup to the outside for the remainder of a game and go grab a dude like Bahk should we need a backup before Haggens can play. Is it ideal no...but its also not time to throw away a higher quality backup at a different postion just because your bargaining out of a postion of need.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Might as well put Dixon at LB since we should have cut him and used his roster spot for an extra OLB.
Share 49ersWebzone