There are 205 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
They went after Brock. Also Fangio provided safety help over the top. I'm not sure if I would leave Brock on an island.
I still will never get over the torching he took vs. the Giants in the NFCC game.
I think he would be inconsistent at times but he is on when he is on. I think more PT would help get him over the bumps.
I thought he played pretty well out there. Better than normal at least.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I still will never get over the torching he took vs. the Giants in the NFCC game.

Really? The whopping 3 catches for 27 yards left you with that bad of an impression huh? The player who got torched that game was Carlos Rogers.
Originally posted by Disp:

Really? The whopping 3 catches for 27 yards left you with that bad of an impression huh? The player who got torched that game was Carlos Rogers.

Pretty sure Tramaine gave up a touchdown in the NFCC game. I'll never forget that. always had a bad taste in my mouth
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM ]
This thread title is pretty confusing, I'm gonna guess it's from the preseason because I thought Brock looked good last night and it's pretty odd to see a thread the next day about how he looks awful. Formal request for renaming of thread!
Originally posted by boooby:
This thread title is pretty confusing, I'm gonna guess it's from the preseason because I thought Brock looked good last night and it's pretty odd to see a thread the next day about how he looks awful. Formal request for renaming of thread!

It was from August 26, 2012. Mods should change the title to the Tramaine Brock Thread.
Brock has always gotten a bad rap because of the one play in the NFCCG giving up the TD to Manningham on 3rd and like 19 or so. He was right there on the play though. He's a FA after this year so it's put up or shut up for him. This is his 4 year in the league, time to show what he can do at CB and not just ST.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Pretty sure Tramaine gave up a touchdown in the NFCC game. I'll never forget that. always had a bad taste in my mouth

pretty sure it was his first play in the game because he came in cold off the bench after TBrown was knocked out by Goldson. Get over it was almost 3 years ago and we lost that game for a hell of lot more than Brock giving up 3 receptions, 27 yard and 1 TD.....

Originally posted by sfout:

pretty sure it was his first play in the game because he came in cold off the bench after TBrown was knocked out by Goldson. Get over it was almost 3 years ago and we lost that game for a hell of lot more than Brock giving up 3 receptions, 27 yard and 1 TD.....

I don't remember just 1 specific play or 3 by Williams, I remember everything that hurt us. While I agree with you he was cold coming off the bench, and while he may play better this season, can't crown him or anyone who faltered in that game good until they show otherwise on a consistent basis.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

I don't remember just 1 specific play or 3 by Williams, I remember everything that hurt us. While I agree with you he was cold coming off the bench, and while he may play better this season, can't crown him or anyone who faltered in that game good until they show otherwise on a consistent basis.

im not one of the people crowing him at all. I am happy with his performance though, if he continues to play at this level I would rather have him as the #3 until Eric Wright comes in then we should have nnamdi be the #5 cb if only to mentor Morris.
Why people keep hating on Nnamdi. He's only had a couple of bad plays, but has played pretty well for the most part. Put him in press coverage and teams still don't like to go after him.

Brock played great last night and so we should be happy that we have two very solid # 3 corners. I've always thought that Brock was pretty solid in coverage, except for a couple games where he didn't play so well.

We should be in pretty solid shape when Eric Wright comes back. The only problem is I think all of our corners are really good #2 or # 3 guys, but we don't really have that lock down premiere corner. It sucks that Culliver went down because I believe he has a chance to be a premiere corner.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by iLL49er:
brock should never play behind namdi, namdi sux......brock balled out and took the job from namdi last night
Exactly it! Namdi was still sux because he had a bad for three games! He is nope talent for tackle and bad affect our team defense lost a game and no cheer our defense! I told you.. I wanted Woodson better than Namdi! .. Why u all wanted Namdi is here? Dude u all sux at 49ers fans! I told you. I don't want Namdi to be our team! Because he is worst affect our defense are going down and plm that is why! I think, Namdi is best at 4 or 5th place at CB
I don't think Nnamdi has been bad at all. He had a few missed tackles and gave up a few some what big plays but he hasn't been bad. He's not anywhere close to old Nnamdi though. I think his main problem is he lost speed. He is big and lanky so that's help him plus he should play press coverage. I don't know if he can play well in space anymore. Brock and Cox are a lot younger and have more potential for the future. I don't see Asomugha being back as of now.

Our DB's give up yards but that's the way we play. We keep everything in front of us. Our S way back to make sure we don't give up home run balls. We'd rather make you work your way down the field and then buckle down in the red zone. The way we play we figure somewhere along your 7-8 play drive you will turn the ball over, have a penalty that kills the drive, not be able to pick up a 1st down or make a mistake along the way. We don't play that risk taking jump the route for pick 6s. We usually contest it and many times the guy will make the catch but we make the tackle immediately. We will give you short stuff all day long just try not to get beat in 1 play giving up an 80 yard td catch and run. Other than the 2012 playoff games our secondary has been pretty good since 2011. A big part of those games being bad was Justin and Aldon were both playing hurt and Fangio didn't want to blitz. He rushed 3 and let them pick us apart all day long. Anyways, to me we don't have any star power but really our DB's are a good solid deep group. Top to bottom Brown, Rogers, Culliver, Nnamdi, Brock, Cox are mostly solid players game in and game out. All have had bad games here and there but again for the most part they are solid week in and out. Check out some of the other teams in the league. Most of the DB groups are worse than ours.

As for Wright he is a backup plan. When he gets back don't be surprised if we cut him instead of activating him. If all our CB's are healthy and are playing well Wright probably gets cut. He was solid at times in Cleveland and decent in Detroit but from what I hear from TB fans he was horrible for them. He'd probably be towards the bottom of the depth chart. Not sure he's better than Nnamdi, Cox and Brock.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone