LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Cam Johnson is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like he has some ability. Article was saying if he can hang with our LB group then he deserves a spot on our team. Hope we found a gem!
Hope so too! He will have a huge chip on his shoulder.
First Fleming, now Cam.....

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/06/05/procedure-shelves-rookie-lb-johnson-until-training-camp-plus-other-ota-notes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
First Fleming, now Cam.....

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/06/05/procedure-shelves-rookie-lb-johnson-until-training-camp-plus-other-ota-notes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

doesn't seem too serious. more precautionary.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
get it done now and not wait, how many times have we seen a situation where they tough it out and then all of a sudden two days before the season starts, they decide they need surgery.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
get it done now and not wait, how many times have we seen a situation where they tough it out and then all of a sudden two days before the season starts, they decide they need surgery.

yup. it's the right time too. get a little PT in, then get some rest.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
BUMP

Just went digging around the NFL draft blog and randomly scrolled to post about Cam Johnson -- Steve Muench wrote that he thought Johnson would be a good fit for the Saints in the 3rd round at 89th overall. The post is dated for April 19th

Third round (89th overall)Virginia DE Cam Johnson (Grade: 69) Concerns about Johnson's motor and durability should drop him to the late-third- or early-fourth-round range. He could fit at outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, but he's also a good fit at end in the Saints' 4-3 scheme. And with new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo looking to get more from the front four in terms of pass-rush pressure Johnson could make sense.
He's not a great counterpuncher at this point, but Johnson has the first-step quickness, balance and closing speed to quickly develop into a productive edge rusher at the next level. He doesn't just project as a situational pass-rusher, either. At 6-foot-3¾ and 268 pounds, he's big and strong enough to hold up against the run and capable of developing into a three-down player.

I'm still pumped that we were able to get such a player with our very last pick. I really hope he develops into something for us.
Originally posted by sfout:
BUMP

Just went digging around the NFL draft blog and randomly scrolled to post about Cam Johnson -- Steve Muench wrote that he thought Johnson would be a good fit for the Saints in the 3rd round at 89th overall. The post is dated for April 19th

Third round (89th overall)Virginia DE Cam Johnson (Grade: 69) Concerns about Johnson's motor and durability should drop him to the late-third- or early-fourth-round range. He could fit at outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, but he's also a good fit at end in the Saints' 4-3 scheme. And with new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo looking to get more from the front four in terms of pass-rush pressure Johnson could make sense.
He's not a great counterpuncher at this point, but Johnson has the first-step quickness, balance and closing speed to quickly develop into a productive edge rusher at the next level. He doesn't just project as a situational pass-rusher, either. At 6-foot-3¾ and 268 pounds, he's big and strong enough to hold up against the run and capable of developing into a three-down player.

I'm still pumped that we were able to get such a player with our very last pick. I really hope he develops into something for us.

Cam Johnson and Fleming were late round pick by Baalke but they were both grade as mid rounders. So they both have talents that Fangio can develop into backup position or possibly starters. Unfortunately they got injured.
I was liking what I saw of Cam as I watched more of the 4th quarter. jus sayin' ...
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I was liking what I saw of Cam as I watched more of the 4th quarter. jus sayin' ...

Hoping he continues to improve as the season progresses.

Originally posted by tohara3:

Hope so. I think he'll be on of the better picks of the draft in a few years
Originally posted by taney71:

dont know why we dont make him the 4th OLB and save him from possibly getting plucked
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by taney71:

dont know why we dont make him the 4th OLB and save him from possibly getting plucked

Yeah, health is the key and he sounds like the perfect SAM too. Haggans can play both SAM & WILL as well. But if we can get this guy healthy, conditioned up, he might be on the 53-man roster at some point. I hope...
NFC WEST CHAMPS
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 49ers to promote OLB Cam Johnson from practice squad.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
NFC WEST CHAMPS
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 49ers to promote OLB Cam Johnson from practice squad.

Share 49ersWebzone