LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Cam Johnson is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
per 49ers.com its a done deal.
JH's kiss of death strikes again
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

You're mad why? Harper is a 4th round pick who the 49ers may well have wanted in this year's draft since he was taken a few picks before Patton. On the other hand, Johnson has an injury history, the sickle cell trait which may limit him in the future, and only 1 good preseason game vs. backups. A game where he probably was helped by the fact that the 49ers backup D-line and LBs put so much pressure that anyone can look like Lawrence Taylor vs 2nd and 3rd string OL.

I'm missing the anger as to why people hate this. Put away your love for a player who played 1 good preseason game ever, and likely would've been cut if he hadn't played well in that game, and look at the overall, broad picture. It just makes sense. Smart move by a well-run front office.
[ Edited by Niners23 on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners23:

You're mad why? Harper is a 4th round pick who the 49ers may well have wanted in this year's draft since he was taken a few picks before Patton. On the other hand, Johnson has an injury history, the sickle cell trait which may limit him in the future, and only 1 good preseason game vs. backups. A game where he probably was helped by the fact that the 49ers backup D-line and LBs put so much pressure that anyone can look like Lawrence Taylor vs 2nd and 3rd string OL.

I'm missing the anger as to why people hate this. Put away your love for a player who played 1 good preseason game ever, and likely would've been cut if he hadn't played well in that game, and look at the overall, broad picture. It just makes sense.

I don't get it either.

5 OLBs is too many. They were able to keep 4 they liked and turned the other 2 into draft picks. Dunno why this is so complicated.

BTW, you guys don't think we are really gonna keep 5 ILB all season do ya? Stupar will go at some point as well.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I'm missing the anger as to why people hate this. Put away your love for a player who played 1 good preseason game ever, and likely would've been cut if he hadn't played well in that game, and look at the overall, broad picture. It just makes sense.

I don't get it either.

5 OLBs is too many. They were able to keep 4 they liked and turned the other 2 into draft picks. Dunno why this is so complicated.

I liked what I saw out of Cam throughout this preseason. Pass rushers are a premium, and I think a guy like Stupar was far more expendable. Not saying Cam will turn into anything special, but there's guys I'd like to see moved before him. Interested in seeing what we got though.

Yes, but Stupar wouldn't get anything in trade. Stupar likely the first guy cut if they sign a guy during the year.
We knew the 53 wasn't done yet.

I don't get it either.

I liked what I saw out of Cam throughout this preseason. Pass rushers are a premium, and I think a guy like Stupar was far more expendable. Not saying Cam will turn into anything special, but there's guys I'd like to see moved before him. Interested in seeing what we got though.

Yes, but Stupar wouldn't get anything in trade. Stupar likely the first guy cut if they sign a guy during the year.

True, I was just intrigued by the pass rush skills of Cam. Although, I always give the benefit of the doubt to our staff as they've seen far more than us fans. My guess is a 7th that can turn into a 6th for Cam.

And i dont think Cams stock could get any higher after the Chargers game. If we were ever going to trade him the time was now.
Cam Johnson was a 49er
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
Cam Johnson was a 49er

renaming the thread that and moving to NFL Talk
Cam had one excellent game - that's it. No reason to be upset.

It's like some of you think JH/Baalke don't know what they're doing!

Share 49ersWebzone