There are 140 users in the forums

Now that we got ours, who gets a new stadium next, Raiders or Chargers?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Now that we got ours, who gets a new stadium next, Raiders or Chargers?

so wait, there's going to be two stadiums built in LA-one by the downtown staples center and the other one in industrial CA?
I dont think theres much of a chance the raiders go into the new niner stadium. The fanbases are among the most hostile to each other without much real reason for an on the field rivalry.

I think its a terrible idea PR wise. Neither fan base really wants anything to do with the other and now that the 49ers are doing it on their own, theres no way they could skew it to say that a new stadium is ONLY possible with a joint efforts of both teams.

Mark Davis has said theres only a fraction of a chance of it happening which doesnt shut the door but I would be floored if this happened considering we've already broken ground.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/04/22/mark-daviss-second-choice-is-dublin/
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by susweel:
Chargers will get a new stadium. Raiders will move to la.

this.

Sounds good to me.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Looks like the Vikes may be getting a new stadium before these 2 teams.
I doubt The NFL would force the 49ers to share the stadium with the Raiders. Especially when they cancelled the pre season games due to the fighting and shootings and all that other good happy crap.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by Lifer:
Doubt that the Chargers will move north. San Diegans hate LA even more than Northern Californians do. They'd be rioting in the streets.

LOL no. Almost every sports fan I know in SD is a Lakers fan.

LOL. Almost every sports fan I know in SD hates the Dodgers with a passion bordering on psychosis.
I live in SD and a new stadium seems so far away. Unless the NFL helps them out, the people will never vote for a stadium (to be taxed). And the owner has no clue. Most Chargers fans that I know of and on the radio HATE the idea of going to LA. The Chargers and Padres is all they have and the Padres are a low market baseball team that will never contend. All hope for SD fans is in the Chargers.

They have plans for a downtown stadium but it's going nowhere...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BOOSKi707:
I doubt The NFL would force the 49ers to share the stadium with the Raiders. Especially when they cancelled the pre season games due to the fighting and shootings and all that other good happy crap.

They wouldn't be playing on the same days.

It sill would be a bad idea...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

why

why
I just feel that Jed York and the 49ers organization has put so much into the stadium being built, and now the Raiders want to jump in? Plus I doubt either franchise wants to share a stadium

this.

You're probably right, but......
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

why
I just feel that Jed York and the 49ers organization has put so much into the stadium being built, and now the Raiders want to jump in? Plus I doubt either franchise wants to share a stadium

If it were to happen and Im saying it will but Im sure Jed York and 49es organization will be compensated for everything they have done. They aren't gonna let the raiders just move in without paying half the bill.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

this.

You're probably right, but......

Share 49ersWebzone