LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

Now that we got ours, who gets a new stadium next, Raiders or Chargers?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Now that we got ours, who gets a new stadium next, Raiders or Chargers?

I would not hold my breath for either one.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Neither, my guess is we have to share with the Raiders and the Chargers move to LA.

I would hate that, but if they got rid of their stupid PSL idea because the Raiders pay for half of the stadium it would be worth it. Then I could get season tickets in a decent location again in the new stadium.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Neither, my guess is we have to share with the Raiders and the Chargers move to LA.

I would hate that, but if they got rid of their stupid PSL idea because the Raiders pay for half of the stadium it would be worth it. Then I could get season tickets in a decent location again in the new stadium.

Agreed, except I still can't get season tickets. But if it would make it more affordable for everyone it'd probably be worth it. And that's what I think will happen, and the Chargers will move to the Farmers Field stadium IMO.
I don't think the Chargers stadium is even close at this point. I don't believe they have decided on a final location, have financing or have a time frame. They mostly just talk about for years like we used to....
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Diego is a big town, desirable place to live. They really should get it together and figure out a stadium.

Oakland is too small, too poor and too close to SF to warrant a new stadium Additionally the Raiders brand is a disaster. It's associated with thug and gang mentality. I think Al's kid should sell the team to the LA investment group. Then they could put the raiders logo to bed for good, rename and re-brand the franchise completely (as was done to the Oilers to Titans and Browns to Ravens) and basically start over with a new stadium in LA and a franchise that city can embrace as it's own, and heck maybe even be able to take their kids to see a game safely....
[ Edited by DJD on May 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by DJD:
Diego is a big town, desirable place to live. They really should get it together and figure out a stadium.

Oakland is too small, too poor and too close to SF to warrant a new stadium Additionally the Raiders brand is a disaster. It's associated with thug and gang mentality. I think Al's kid should sell the team to the LA investment group. Then they could put the raiders logo to bed for good, rename and re-brand the franchise completely (as was done to the Oilers to Titans and Browns to Ravens) and basically start over with a new stadium in LA and a franchise that city can embrace as it's own....

Good luck with that......

Not a Raider fan at all, but they have one of the richest historys in the NFL.....

Edit: Did I mention the second largest fan base?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone