LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

"The Chargers have 10 times more talent than the 49ers."

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KennyBoiiii:
Originally posted by YungAce:
you said we were going 0-16 this year lmao

Before the FA additions we got which came very late. I always liked Harbaugh but I though it would take him time to turn this around. Obviously not. And the job he's done with Alex is amazing. I'm happy they are exceeding expectations.
What good is talent when you don't get the most out of it? Any niner fan knows the answer to that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Before the FA additions we got which came very late. I always liked Harbaugh but I though it would take him time to turn this around. Obviously not. And the job he's done with Alex is amazing. I'm happy they are exceeding expectations.

You said it after the pre-season game in New Orleans.
Originally posted by Yunchang:
What good is talent when you don't get the most out of it? Any niner fan knows the answer to that.

We have seen the difference SingleBrainCell to Harbaugh makes. Night and day. Just dramatic. I think our roster is a bit better though this year.

~ Rogers
~ Edwards
~ Aldon Smith
~ Bowman
~ Ginn
~ Akers
~ Hunter as a backup
~ Culliver
~ Bruce Miller - unreal. Never played the position and is a natural.

Holy cow. We are WAY BETTER. All those are upgrades. Maybe the biggest of all is sitting Chilo and putting in Snyder... Huge upgrade.

The biggest is Harbaugh though.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

You said it after the pre-season game in New Orleans.

Your point being what? Our final roster was not done for a long time this offseason. Everything moved slower this offseason because of the crazy lockout period. We were still signing guys and putting together a final roster right up until the season was about to start. It was difficult to get a gage on this team this offseason until we got up and running.

Also Harbaugh who I always liked has been dramatically better much faster than I thought he could. I thought he could but it would take time. The job he did with Alex with no offseason is just incredible. I think the offense can better in year 2 together. We should be behind other teams that played together for years but we are not. It's testament to Harbaugh and the growth of Alex and a lot of other factors.

I'm glad they are doing well and have no real complaints.
Clueless . . . another team living off reputation.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Clueless . . . another team living off reputation.

Living here in SD I would say many Chargers do still remember the "glory years" if you want to call them that. Like go 14 - 2 and get beat at home in the first playoff game... Glory for Chargers fans anyway. But they have taken a big hit on the roster in several areas over the years. It's not the same Chargers team IMO. I guess I'm not surprised to see them struggling but I am surprised to see them struggle this bad.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Tell him to have another drink. He is going to need it. The chargers suck
Man, any time an SD Fan tries to even talk about talent and how they are better than the 49ers. I hold up 1 hand and let them count the FIVE fingers, then I ask then, "So, when was the last time our teams went to the Super Bowl? Who won? What was the score?"
End of talent talk....
the problem with the Chargers is not talent. They always go through streaks where they just play awful football. They are so inconsistent. Usually they start the season off terrible and then finish very strong in the second half. This year they started off strong and are starting to tail off. They definitely have some amazing talent but in no season have i ever seen the Chargers put it all together. That does not mean Super Bowls or anything i just mean they do not play to their abilities. Making mistakes and finding ways to lose the football game is the Chargers way for many years now.

Because they underachieve every single year....

This...the Chargers are a talented team of underachievers. We all know where that gets us right? Whining about coaches, management, other teams, etc. The bottom line is we are finally putting it all together and they see our success and are jealous. They should probably look into getting a new GM who doesn't kill the morale of the team and a coach who can help them get rid of their slacker mentality.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
the problem with the Chargers is not talent. They always go through streaks where they just play awful football. They are so inconsistent. Usually they start the season off terrible and then finish very strong in the second half. This year they started off strong and are starting to tail off. They definitely have some amazing talent but in no season have i ever seen the Chargers put it all together. That does not mean Super Bowls or anything i just mean they do not play to their abilities. Making mistakes and finding ways to lose the football game is the Chargers way for many years now.

LOL. Yes that's true. Their beginning of season slump is now more of a midseason slump. They do have talent but don't put it together. So I'm guessing it's coaching and players. They aren't as badly coached as SingleBrainCell but they are nowhere near as good coached as Harbaugh either. Something in between I think.
Originally posted by bradg49:
Because they underachieve every single year....

This...the Chargers are a talented team of underachievers. We all know where that gets us right? Whining about coaches, management, other teams, etc. The bottom line is we are finally putting it all together and they see our success and are jealous. They should probably look into getting a new GM who doesn't kill the morale of the team and a coach who can help them get rid of their slacker mentality.

I agree the parts do not equal the total with them.
Their bendability and scoreability just flat out suck. Referring back to that one ESPN article and why the Niners have succeeded in it.
[ Edited by jaycokes on Nov 11, 2011 at 6:58 AM ]
you should have stabbed him
Share 49ersWebzone