LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

T.O. is officially ready to play.......Question is should we make a play for him?

Shop 49ers game tickets

T.O. is officially ready to play.......Question is should we make a play for him?

Originally posted by dj43:
I'm a bit conflicted. The Detroit game showed how thin the WR corp is without Morgan and Edwards. Even with Edwards back and healthy, we are one injury away from becoming one-dimensional.

OTOH, Owens has been a cancer everywhere he goes. Still, there comes a time when a person matures and mellows. Harbaugh would not allow Owens to become a problem, IMO.

So the most important question is; does he still have something in the tank? I don't know. He was a good blocker which is critical for this offense. He also drops a lot of balls. Edwards has that rep as well. Can we afford two of those in the lineup?

Those are some of the reasons I'm conflicted. I'll leave it up to JH and Baalke.
I can see your point in most of what you are wrote, like does he have anything left in the tank? idk but he had a solid year with the Bengles. But the problem im having is the cancer issue I know hes been problematic in a lot of his career but I feel he has changed some after being let go by the Cowpies, plus on a added note we could always cut him if he becomes a prob
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Oct 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM ]
never thought i'd say this but, yes. harghballke will never allow something to disrupt chemistry
no i'd hate to have a hall of famer on our team
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
no i'd hate to have a hall of famer on our team
lol
COME HOME T.O.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind having TO back.
Originally posted by rserda:
I wouldn't mind having TO back.

Why certainly............nuk nuk nuk
per his agent Rosenhaus, Owens is having a workout for scouts somewhere in So Cal to show he is healthy. wonder who shows up
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
per his agent Rosenhaus, Owens is having a workout for scouts somewhere in So Cal to show he is healthy. wonder who shows up

Hopefully Baalke and Harbaugh get there early.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hopefully Baalke and Harbaugh get there early.

nice, wouldnt hurt to see what hes got and to discuss if T.O. would be worth signing

i hope we sign him and He will get his ring finally
good thing we have this bye week.........balke and harbaugh can go down there and heck even sit down with t.o. to really try to read him and get to know the 2011 t.o.
Assuming Braylon comes back next week and considering how much we run the ball, there simply won't be enough balls to go around between Crabtree, Braylon, Vernon and Walker. I don't think we need him and his personality can only hurt the team.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
good thing we have this bye week.........balke and harbaugh can go down there and heck even sit down with t.o. to really try to read him and get to know the 2011 t.o.

Share 49ersWebzone