LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 287 users in the forums

The mess known as the Miami Dolphins are not done yet...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Dolphins lock in Tony Sparano

Dang, why would Sparano stay?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Dolphins lock in Tony Sparano

Dang, why would Sparano stay?

Because he'd be a offensive line coach otherwise.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'm waiting for Sparano to walk to the 50 yard line, Week 1 Gameday, turn around and face the luxury boxes, raise both middle fingers and yell f**k you to Ross. He will then catch a flight to the bahamas and chill on the beach for the rest of the season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I'm waiting for Sparano to walk to the 50 yard line, Week 1 Gameday, turn around and face the luxury boxes, raise both middle fingers and yell f**k you to Ross. He will then catch a flight to the bahamas and chill on the beach for the rest of the season.

I'd applaud him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
mods..you kidding me?

[ Edited by jrg on Jan 9, 2011 at 02:45:10 ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
mods..you kidding me?

Miami Dolphins hire former Browns OC Brian Daboll to run offense

those Dolphin fans on that board must be hella pissed.good thing they got South Beach and the Heat
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

those Dolphin fans on that board must be hella pissed.good thing they got South Beach and the Heat

I will wait till I see what he does with what we have before I make any judgments. However anything is an upgrade over Matlock calling the plays.
Originally posted by dillberry:

I will wait till I see what he does with what we have before I make any judgments. However anything is an upgrade over Matlock calling the plays.

Agreed. Just because you're on OC on a s**tty team doesn't mean you're a s**tty OC.

Just look at Mike McCarthy.
Originally posted by statman:

Agreed. Just because you're on OC on a s**tty team doesn't mean you're a s**tty OC.

it helps to not have alex smith as your qb as well

Wait what was his past teams he worked for before the Browns? For some reason I thought this dude used to be the MN vikings OC but I guess not.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

He supposedly signed off on Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. I think he would've been ok if McCarthy would've stayed. Not as good as Rodgers, but good enough to be a starter and lead a top 15 offense.
  • dj43
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

He supposedly signed off on Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. I think he would've been ok if McCarthy would've stayed. Not as good as Rodgers, but good enough to be a starter and lead a top 15 offense.
You're right. McCarthy campaigned hard for Smith over Rodgers. By draft time it had become well known. In fact, there were even reports that McCarthy was a key factor in the decision to draft Smith.

Then there is an interesting story about the very first person McCarthy called after he was named HC in Green Bay was Rodgers. He basically told him that bygones were bygones and they were both on the same team now and it was time to learn to play as well as possible.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

You're right. McCarthy campaigned hard for Smith over Rodgers. By draft time it had become well known. In fact, there were even reports that McCarthy was a key factor in the decision to draft Smith.

Then there is an interesting story about the very first person McCarthy called after he was named HC in Green Bay was Rodgers. He basically told him that bygones were bygones and they were both on the same team now and it was time to learn to play as well as possible.

i think McCarthy set us up. even when he took the job as OC it was widely reported/rumored that he was by and far the favorite choice to take over as HC for greenbay. so what this ass do, he takes a job that happens to include access to the holy grail of info on the WC offense. sure he has no idea who's gonna get drafted where but who's to say that he didnt read the print out there that said greenbay was in need of a qb too. hell, he's wasn't even a full year removed from GB so its not like he still didnt have inside info. i'm not saying he colluded with GB. im saying he played this organization to gain access to the vault so he could take that info with him to his next gig just to help out.

note.................these may be paranoid ramblings from a bored mind
Share 49ersWebzone