LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
please god no, anyone but cam newton -_-
Originally posted by vaniner1981:
y is that.

i think he meant that if he's going to become the next vick, then he won't drop to us
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I've been riding the Harbaugh/Newton choo-choo train for months!

Hopefully the newton part falls off the huge cliff below.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Sims84:
College stud.

Pro Fail.

how? 6'6 250, fast as is, but deceptively fast for his size, great arm, pretty good accuracy, play maker, fierce competitor, can work well in or out of the pocket and if we hire Harbaugh, will have one of the best coaches a QB can have. Explain why he is a "fail" at something he hasn't had a chance at yet?

He's Vince Young #2 but 1 inch taller. We've seen what that turns out to be. Nothing special...

Vince Young 2.0(which is bad)/akili smith/colin kapernick= Cam newton======FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Ninerfan775:
College stud.

Pro Fail.

how? 6'6 250, fast as is, but deceptively fast for his size, great arm, pretty good accuracy, play maker, fierce competitor, can work well in or out of the pocket and if we hire Harbaugh, will have one of the best coaches a QB can have. Explain why he is a "fail" at something he hasn't had a chance at yet?

He's Vince Young #2 but 1 inch taller. We've seen what that turns out to be. Nothing special...

Vince Young 2.0(which is bad)/akili smith/colin kapernick= Cam newton======FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

So, black QBs=fail? That seems to be the theme you're working on.
College stud.

Pro Fail.

Do you have any idea what or why you despise him so much? Really?
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
College stud.

Pro Fail.

I have an idea. 80% of the posters posting in the DWR are talking out of their asses.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
College stud.

Pro Fail.

I have an idea. 80% of the posters posting in the DWR are talking out of their asses.

lol....i know right?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Should the 49ers draft Cam Newton with the 7th overall pick. Debate officially begins .... now! http://tinyurl.com/4bvbe7z
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Should the 49ers draft Cam Newton with the 7th overall pick. Debate officially begins .... now! http://tinyurl.com/4bvbe7z

Ha, I'd be ok with using the 45th pick on him.

Well, opinion aside, there's enough need for quarterbacks that he'll be gone in the first round, as will some other QBs who might not necessarily deserve a high pick. I've seen the most people fitting Cam with Minnesota in mocks elsewhere.

Personally, I like Newton and while I'm okay if Harbaugh doesn't pick him, I think he's the best QB prospect in the draft. There isn't a single QB there who won't require work and polish, but Newton at least has the tools. No offense because I'm new around here, but it seems like a lot of people don't like him because they think he'll automatically be Vince Young 2.0, yet I haven't seen any attitude that has affected his play on the field or with his teammates.
Originally posted by norcal831:
Well, opinion aside, there's enough need for quarterbacks that he'll be gone in the first round, as will some other QBs who might not necessarily deserve a high pick. I've seen the most people fitting Cam with Minnesota in mocks elsewhere.

Personally, I like Newton and while I'm okay if Harbaugh doesn't pick him, I think he's the best QB prospect in the draft. There isn't a single QB there who won't require work and polish, but Newton at least has the tools. No offense because I'm new around here, but it seems like a lot of people don't like him because they think he'll automatically be Vince Young 2.0, yet I haven't seen any attitude that has affected his play on the field or with his teammates.

I like you already newb His potential is sky high as with Gabbert and Luck, and Mallett to a degree (the other three have him on mobility).
I hope we get Cam.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Didn't see a "Cam"-wagon so I thought I'd be the first to jump on! This guy is a beast, plain and simple. Short of Andrew Luck he'll be the best QB to come out of this draft because Cam is a winner! Plus, IMAGINE his potential with Harbaugh as his mentor! **drools all over keyboard**

So who's on board??!

A good article explaining some of his past

Looks like he had small feet.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
While yes, he could be that next step in the evolution of the position, the odds say he won't. The list of athletic SB winning QBs starts and ends with Steve Young (who all it took to be successful was to study for 3 years behind the GOAT QB while being coached up by the offensive GOAT teacher. That's easy to replicate).
I'd prefer to play the more favorable odds and get a standard pocket passer.
Share 49ersWebzone