There are 203 users in the forums

NO GRUDEN PLEASE!!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
YES GRUDEN PLEASE !!!!

I AGREE GRUDEN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
John Gruden is more than qualified to be head coach of the 49ers he has a superbowl with brad smith at qb who else could turn brad smith in superbowl winnig qb.Tampa Bay had great defense he inheirited from tony dungy but their offense under tony dungy was a joke. John gruden installed west coast offense there and went to superbowl and won it almost immediately. I also remember John gruden winning more games as a raiders headcoach than any one except John Madden without bullsh** tuck rule raiders would have made superbowl that year and i remember raiders in superbowl with a qb developed by John Gruden rich gannon who was at best a journey man type qb before he came to oakland. The bottom line he is off the bill walsh coaching tree he was taught the west coast offense by mike holmgren who won superbowls with packers and went to one with seahawks. John Gruden is the best coach available and the 49ers would be lucky to have him. I dont want someone unproven with no superbowl rings we need a championship caliber coach to bring us back to the superbowl and bring 6th lombardi trophy back to San Francisco

brad johnson not brad smith
Coulda put this in this thread
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=149244
Originally posted by boast:
i agree 100% with the title of this thread.

f**k John Gruden!

lucked out winning a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's great defensive team against a Raider team that was using Gruden's playbook without any changes.

other than that SB, what has Gruden done? nothing!

read his wikipedia page. It will talk about his extensive experience.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by boast:
i agree 100% with the title of this thread.

f**k John Gruden!

lucked out winning a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's great defensive team against a Raider team that was using Gruden's playbook without any changes.

other than that SB, what has Gruden done? nothing!

read his wikipedia page. It will talk about his extensive experience.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Jon Gruden wasn't perfect but he had to deal with a lot of s**t that was out of his control.

The Bucs traded their 1st round picks in 2002 and 2003 and their second round picks in 2002 and 2004 to the Raiders for Jon Gruden, a ridiculous amount for a guy with one year on his contract who everyone knew didn't get along with Al Davis. They also had major salary cap problems, and an aging defense that had to be rebuilt.

Jon Gruden was able to get a lot out of a team with scraps at QB and minimal offensive talent. It was ultimately what led to his downfall as well. It could be argued that Monte Kiffin could be as much responsible for any success Tampa Bay had during his time period. Gruden is partly responsible for the lack of offensive talent and the lack of a QB.

Now that TB has a franchise QB, even though they don't have all that much offensive talent they're now back to being a pretty damn good team.

But Jon Gruden is a winning coach. If we can get him to agree to having a respected GM over him and he has more limited control over the personnel I wouldn't have a problem. One thing that he's very good at is getting lots of production out of scrap heap QB's, which will be very helpful when we're developing our QB of the future. But any team that's going to get him is going to pretty much to give in to his demands, and he might want to have substantial control over the roster which I don't feel comfortable with.

Holmgrem would be my first choice, but Gruden would also work as long as he doesn't have a lot of say in player personnel.

thank you. i read through here hoping someone would mention the loss of picks. i think that is waht handicapped him to getting a franchise QB. that team was an aging team and no way to replenish it.

i am for anyone that would come here and form a quality coaching staff, and an identity on both sides of the ball. i am leary of cowher because of his style and it working in pitt but not here.
It won't take much to be an improvement over our current HC. Sing was never qualified for the position anyway.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Gruden won the Super Bowl w/m Brad Johnson and bult the Raiders into a Super Bowl team around Rich Gannon!!! He may not be Bill Walsh, but the guy is a huge upgrade over Sing. Probably a to[ 10 NFL coach from the day he rejoins the NFL
Imagine what he could do with kyle orton!
Share 49ersWebzone