There are 166 users in the forums

Three way trade -- Eagles get LB Ernie Sims, Lions get TE Tony Scheffler

Shop 49ers game tickets
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Three way trade -- Eagles get LB Ernie Sims, Lions get TE Tony Scheffler, Broncos get undisclosed draft pick.

Adam_Schefter

Terms: RT @ProFootballTalk Philly sends 5th rounder to Denver, which sends Scheffler and 7th to Detroit, which sends Ernie Sims to Eagles.

This trade makes no sense to me, since Ernie Sims is a good young LB and the Lions just drafted a good TE in Brandon Pettigrew last year.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM ]
Yep, Lions are pretty stupid.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
lol what the hell? the lions will be horrible for a long, long time.
Maybe the Lions want to trade back and get a new LB........
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I don't think its simply a case of the lions being stupid. Matt Millen doesn't reside there anymore, remember?

Maybe they wanted to emphasize a 2 TE set more, I don't know. Scheffler is a good player....he just wasn't used well in Denver. Plus the details of the trade are fresh, there may be more to it here.

And its not like Sims was anything amazing especially given the fact that he was a high draft pick.
Yea this makes no sense at all. so you lose a starting OLB for a back up TE? and if he's not the back up then what is the point of Pettigrew? and even if they are using 2 TE set why trade away your best defensive player for a guy who is gonna be blocking more than anything. Denver get a 5th rounder and Detroit gets a 7th rounder. Great trade for Eagles. And man McDaniels has completely re worked the entire starting line up minus o line and champ.
So the Broncos have traded away Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler...yeah, good job McDaniels, lol.
wow. the Lions continue to be the worst franchise in all of sports
Eagles are making some solid moves. I think they can now focus on moving up for Berry or Thomas since they've stockpiled some picks
Originally posted by Leathaface:
So the Broncos have traded away Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler...yeah, good job McDaniels, lol.

Broncos fans must hate the guy

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I don't think its simply a case of the lions being stupid. Matt Millen doesn't reside there anymore, remember?

Maybe they wanted to emphasize a 2 TE set more, I don't know. Scheffler is a good player....he just wasn't used well in Denver. Plus the details of the trade are fresh, there may be more to it here.

And its not like Sims was anything amazing especially given the fact that he was a high draft pick.

Scheffler is a good player, however they drafted Brandon Pettigrew in the first round last year. You don't trade a good young LB like Ernie Sims for a #2 TE and a 7th round pick.
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Apr 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Sims struggled last year in a new system and posted only 40 tackles in 10 games.
is Scheffler a decent blocker?

IDK anything about Sims but it seems like a decent trade all the way around. The Lions get not only TE depth but an extra offensive weapon for Stafford, the Eagles get a LB they really need. The only question for is Denver. Just don't see the need to give up a decent TE.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Sims struggled last year in a new system and posted only 40 tackles in 10 games.

I agree that he didn't fit in Detroit and it was a good idea to move him but for home town TE Scheffler and a 7th
Nothin' from nothin' means nothin'!!
Share 49ersWebzone