LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Does anyone feel bad for Brett Favre??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
Despite the fact he owned the 49ers over the years, I DID feel badly for him. He has been a class act over the years and done a great deal for the community both in GB and his hometown.

The Packers basicly shoved him to the curb, which is their right, and forced him to go to NY instead of Minnesota, which was his choice. As a player, he was treated as property, which he was, but that does not take away from the fact he has a right to seek the best job situation he can.

So yes, even though he made a classic mistake, he will now likely remember that last terrible decision far more than all the many great plays he has made. Without Favre, the Vikings would not have even been in the playoffs, and, without the fumbles by Berrian and Peterson, Favre would not have been in the position of making the mistake that took away the opportunity to kick a game-winning FG.

That is the cruel thing about this game, but I do feel bad for Bret Favre. He deserved to go out a winner.
I feel bad for him. He'll be back though
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
f**k no, I enjoyed watching him get knocked around all game and then throw an INT at the worst possible time.

It was beautiful.

Q4E
he lost the game on purpose, because he's a Packer @ heart. But, seriously, I was surprised @ his post game comments regarding most physical game question... he STILL remembers getting beat up all night @ the Stick.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Despite the fact he owned the 49ers over the years, I DID feel badly for him. He has been a class act over the years and done a great deal for the community both in GB and his hometown.

The Packers basicly shoved him to the curb, which is their right, and forced him to go to NY instead of Minnesota, which was his choice. As a player, he was treated as property, which he was, but that does not take away from the fact he has a right to seek the best job situation he can.

So yes, even though he made a classic mistake, he will now likely remember that last terrible decision far more than all the many great plays he has made. Without Favre, the Vikings would not have even been in the playoffs, and, without the fumbles by Berrian and Peterson, Favre would not have been in the position of making the mistake that took away the opportunity to kick a game-winning FG.

That is the cruel thing about this game, but I do feel bad for Bret Favre. He deserved to go out a winner.
Two words: Hell No!
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I sincerely hope thats the last play of his career. An INT machine going out with one of the most retarded INT's ever, so fitting.
6 fumbles did that team in more than Brett Favre did. They wouldn't have even been in the position of trying to force a play if they didn't fumble 6 times. If they fumbled less they would have probably won. Peterson in particular really killed them in that game.
Brett Favre can suck it.

f**k that puto.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
f**k no, I enjoyed watching him get knocked around all game and then throw an INT at the worst possible time.

It was beautiful.

It was great watching him get beat to hell. But he is one tough SOB even though he makes some stupid decisions out there.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
he lost the game on purpose, because he's a Packer @ heart. But, seriously, I was surprised @ his post game comments regarding most physical game question... he STILL remembers getting beat up all night @ the Stick.

Was he referencing the "Catch II" game?
HELL NO.. F*CK THAT SH*T

if you need to ask this damn question.. you're not a niner fan

i was rooting for the saints from the getgo
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
HELL NO.. F*CK THAT SH*T

if you need to ask this damn question.. you're not a niner fan

i was rooting for the saints from the getgo

Yeah, there are like 25-30 NFL team forums I can envision a post like this. Niners forum would not be one of them.
Share 49ersWebzone