There are 200 users in the forums

Peyton Hillis wants to be traded?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Better than any RB on this team ? Questionable.

He excelled in Shanny's ZBS, which does not equal a good or a great player. There has been a bevy of players to have excelled in that system who have gone on to being mediocre at best once they left Denver.

Please explain why he is better than Coffee or MRob and what he brings to the table that both of them don't ?

He's gained 100 yards rushing. Neither of those guys have come close to that. MRob is not even a real RB, he sucks at offense period and should never see the field other than ST. Coffee has shown nothing in a real game.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Better than any RB on this team ? Questionable.

He excelled in Shanny's ZBS, which does not equal a good or a great player. There has been a bevy of players to have excelled in that system who have gone on to being mediocre at best once they left Denver.

Please explain why he is better than Coffee or MRob and what he brings to the table that both of them don't ?

He's gained 100 yards rushing. Neither of those guys have come close to that. MRob is not even a real RB, he sucks at offense period and should never see the field other than ST. Coffee has shown nothing in a real game.

He did gain 100 yards rushing, but so have Selvin Young, Mike Anderson and countless others. Young and Anderson both were not in the NFL last year, in fact Anderson blew chunks when he signed with Baltimore as a FA and has been out of the league for a couple years now. These guys are all great backs until they leave Shanny's system to which they then go back to being mediocre at best. Shanny can throw a dart at the bottom of his draft board while blindfolded and take that guy and get good production out of him.

If Hillis was as good as advertised why did he not get more chances because he had some this year, why did they go out and target Arrington, Jordan and Buckhalter in FA then draft Moreno ? Don't you think if Hillis was believed to be a valuable contributor they would have not brought in 3 FA's RB's plus drafted another ? Or did McDaniels turn on the tape and see a product of the system ?

At the end of the day Hillis would be a good back for a team running the ZBS or a team looking for a WC FB.

Again I'd rather save the late round pick and draft an OL to develop than take a chance on him. Valuable depth on the line > WC FB. We can find another FB in FA and there will likely be some late round FB prospects & UDFA's with potential to be good lead blockers. If we want to add a big warm body to our RB's we can spend a late round pick on one or pick someone up via FA.
maybe but i would rather have Bush or Spiller
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Hillis was on my highschool football team in Conway, AR, he actually lived in my neighborhood. I was a Senior when he was a sophmore and he ran me over every day in practice, the man's a beast. I've always thought he would fit in well in the 49ers offense. Very physical, decent runner, with very good hands. In my opinion he would be an upgrade over M. Rob on offense.

Man, I thought everyone would be impressed that I actually know the guy and played football with him. No love around here.
Hillis was on my highschool football team in Conway, AR, he actually lived in my neighborhood. I was a Senior when he was a sophmore and he ran me over every day in practice, the man's a beast. I've always thought he would fit in well in the 49ers offense. Very physical, decent runner, with very good hands. In my opinion he would be an upgrade over M. Rob on offense.

Man, I thought everyone would be impressed that I actually know the guy and played football with him. No love around here.

you guys must have had a lot of gay sex with each other
Just watch the guy's highlights before dismissing him. He's a good RB, not just a good FB. Unfortunately, he's a victim of the white running back bias. Just watch, when Gerhart gets in the NFL, they'll make him a FB too. I repeat, Hillis is better than any other RB on our team, except Gore. Of course, that's not saying much since Mrob will never be a good RB and Coffee has been a disappointment. The evidence is on film.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Hi Val,

You never called me back after last week.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Hi Val,

i didnt call you back, because it burns when i pee, and it didnt do that before you.

Hi Val,

i didnt call you back, because it burns when i pee, and it didnt do that before you.

see what happens when you solicit other zone members for attention
What would the asking price be

• GEEK
  • Veteran

Hi Val,

Herpes sucks.

You need to email McCloughan. Sometimes, Niner fans make better player evaluations than our GM. I have no clue who he is, but since you say he's better than Robinson, that's good enough for me. That'll push Coffee further down the depth chart, too.
because if you can't have the leagues best Peyton, shouldn't you at least have the runner up
If Denver would part with Hillis for a 7th rounder, make the trade. He looked good to me, and would be an upgrade over Michael Robinson in my book.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

You need to email McCloughan. Sometimes, Niner fans make better player evaluations than our GM. I have no clue who he is, but since you say he's better than Robinson, that's good enough for me. That'll push Coffee further down the depth chart, too.

I would have been impressed if you hit sticked the guy rather then being trucked..
Share 49ersWebzone