There are 175 users in the forums

Just heard on radio a rumor..

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
instant upgrade, possibly the best possession WR in the game. and possibly the best YAC as far as hard running

yay! two possession WRs!

i'd much prefer drafting CJ Spiller instead. Have a Harvin/Hester/Bush-type gamebreaking threat.

But CJ isnt a starter on this team and we have too many holes to be drafting guys who are on the bench next year
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
instant upgrade, possibly the best possession WR in the game. and possibly the best YAC as far as hard running

Ughh, but don't we already have that right now in Crabtree?

You think Marshall paired next to Crabtree would be a problem?

Crabtree is a great route runner and Marshall can post up anyone in the NFL
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Morgan hasn't proven s**t and Hill never gets a shot, who knows why? So I'd welcome Marshall in a heartbeat.

Seriously, you can never have enough good WR's

We cant hope for a O line to hold their own like the best out there, but it sure helps if you have WR's that can get open.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Morgan hasn't proven s**t and Hill never gets a shot, who knows why? So I'd welcome Marshall in a heartbeat.

We cant hope for a O line to hold their own like the best out there, but it sure helps if you have WR's that can get open.

Marshall and crabs might not be deep threats, but they know how to get open and break some tackles.
I'd rather not add a head-case.

A lineman or safety would be better.
Marshall grew up a lot this year. His character doens't really concern me anymore. He's worth a 1st, IMO. Marshall and Crabtree would give us a sick WR duo.

Morgan is alright, but he's not ready to be a starter.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Marshall doesn't even have to be open bc he can muscle guys
i'll take marshall in a heartbeat, no questions asked.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'd rather not add a head-case.

A lineman or safety would be better.

And you can get a second tier in FA with Malcom Floyd.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
This would be a stupid trade IMO, won't happen. We just spent our first round pick on Crabtree and invested a s**t load of money into the position. There are parts of the team that need work and receiver is not one of them. Our pass threats are beefed up enough and no way we spend a first rounder on another one.

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

yay! two possession WRs!

i'd much prefer drafting CJ Spiller instead. Have a Harvin/Hester/Bush-type gamebreaking threat.

But CJ isnt a starter on this team and we have too many holes to be drafting guys who are on the bench next year

Why won't he be on the field? D-love isn't a starter but he's always on the field
M Norris is a starter and he's rarely on the field

If we draft CJ, he would be out returner and sub in for D-Love and Gore
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Niners looking at trading one of the first round picks for Brandon Marshall. I could see this happening from Denver's perspective. Just not sure he'd help us all that much with our Oline and Qb situation.

Somebody in the 49ers organization is on drugs.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I appreciate it.
It is a very interesting thought, but even if we were to get him the problem I see is we don't have a QB to get him the ball. If McNabb was to make his way here then I'd be all for it. To be able and have Marshall, Crabtree, Morgan and Davis on the field at the same time would be amazing. This would open running lanes for Gore because teams would only be able to put 6 or 7 in the box. Without a better QB though, it is a waste of a pick to trade.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Ughh, but don't we already have that right now in Crabtree?

I said this three weeks ago: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=136020&page=4

I think the Niners are for sure looking into it.
Share 49ersWebzone