There are 143 users in the forums

Mike & Mike say...

Shop 49ers game tickets
We should trade for McNabb what do you guys think? Should we stick with Alex or let it go?
Normally, I enjoy listening to Mike & Mike.

After hearing that this is their opinion....well, I think that they are quite possibly the least intelligent football minds in mainstream sports media.

The guy does not make sense for the Niners at all. McNabb plays in a different style of offense, played Pop Warner with Moses, and is a massive injury risk.

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!
They seem to think this will make a big difference for us in taking it to the next level. I'm soso with the McNabb think because Alex has never start two season with the say sam WR,TE, & OC.
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
We should trade for McNabb what do you guys think? Should we stick with Alex or let it go?

I would have to agree with Mike and Mike. McNabb would be a great fit here. Our defense is playoff caliber. We have the right weapons on offense. Of course we'll need to solidify the offensive line, but the Niners are built to win now. Plus, he would serve as a mentor for Nate Davis, who plans to train with McNabb this offseason.

We were so close this season, If we get McNabb, we will make the playoffs no doubt.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

After hearing that this is their opinion....well, I think that they are quite possibly the least intelligent football minds in mainstream sports media.

The guy does not make sense for the Niners at all. McNabb plays in a different style of offense, played Pop Warner with Moses, and is a massive injury risk.

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

Raye is expandable. If McNabb is available we'd be morons not to get him.

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

I concur. If anything we already have a younger Mcnabb supposedly in Davis. So thanks but no thanks, he's been in the league for a while too, and how many years are you gonna keep sayin with him the SB's coming. He's been in Philly for i dont know how long, and his last playoff run was with TO, and even in that game, he choked a bit.

Came out dancing and s**t against the cowboys, i guess to show he aint scared. Well thats about the best time he had that whole game. And his reason for making it to the postseason was CONTINUITY, DJack, Westbrook, and Samuels and them on D. The team should of made it past the Boys, but didnt. So i say in my eyes he's like Randall C. Great QB, but may never win a ring.

Stay in philly, we good over here.
He'd be a great pick up. The only question is what you have to give up to get him. He turns 34 this year so he has maybe 3 or 4 years left to play. I wouldn't give up more than a 1st for him.
Did they mention what we would need to trade away to get him? Just curious...
If we go after an Eagles QB, i'd rather have Kolb than McNabb. McNabb has been in the same system for his whole career. Kolb has looked good in relief, plus he's younger. However, I think we stick it out w/ Smith for one more year.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
I'd trade two xmen comics and a transformer for him

Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

No, but they did mention our two 1st round draft picks.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

No, but they did mention our two 1st round draft picks.

Ha! I wouldn't trade for him anyway....but he DEFINATELY is not worth a 1st round draft pick if that's what they were implying
Rumor around the area is that Andy wants to keep both. Most of the fans are pissed because if the Eagles do keep both, they are going to lose one for sure next season with nothing to show for it. Having watched them both play a good bit. I would take Kolb for a second rounder + Smith and a late rounder, Kolb is a stud....I would take McNabb for a third and rent him for a couple of years while we develop Davis. They would never take either...but thats all I would pay.

If wanted to get serious about Kolb...the offer would have to be a first or a second and a guy like TKO...they need help at MLB BAAAAAD.
  • pw52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

I concur. If anything we already have a younger Mcnabb supposedly in Davis. So thanks but no thanks, he's been in the league for a while too, and how many years are you gonna keep sayin with him the SB's coming. He's been in Philly for i dont know how long, and his last playoff run was with TO, and even in that game, he choked a bit.

Came out dancing and s**t against the cowboys, i guess to show he aint scared. Well thats about the best time he had that whole game. And his reason for making it to the postseason was CONTINUITY, DJack, Westbrook, and Samuels and them on D. The team should of made it past the Boys, but didnt. So i say in my eyes he's like Randall C. Great QB, but may never win a ring.

Stay in philly, we good over here.

What are you talking about! McNabb made it to the NFC championship game last year against the Cards. duh. And to say that he doesnt have very much football in him is rediculous, look at favre and warner two of the best QBs this season that are still in it. Who knows if McNabb came to SF it might be a good change of scenery for him. I would take McNabb in a heartbeat
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

Raye is expandable. If McNabb is available we'd be morons not to get him.

Expandable? Is he reversible, too?

Bro, McNabb isn't the answer for this team. Switching the offense to fit an aging player that will maybe get you one winning season is an absolutely ridiculous idea.
Share 49ersWebzone