LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Mike & Mike say...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Normally, I enjoy listening to Mike & Mike.

After hearing that this is their opinion....well, I think that they are quite possibly the least intelligent football minds in mainstream sports media.

The guy does not make sense for the Niners at all. McNabb plays in a different style of offense, played Pop Warner with Moses, and is a massive injury risk.

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

I agree.

Watching that wildcard game and how tired McNabb looked it reminded me of what T.O. said following that Superbowl loss. The ONLY trade I would make for McNabb would be a comp pick and nothing more. He is more of a liability with all of his injury issues.
We should trade for Kevin Kolb!!!
The new Brees
Originally posted by tjd808185:

After hearing that this is their opinion....well, I think that they are quite possibly the least intelligent football minds in mainstream sports media.

The guy does not make sense for the Niners at all. McNabb plays in a different style of offense, played Pop Warner with Moses, and is a massive injury risk.

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

Raye is expandable. If McNabb is available we'd be morons not to get him.

Expandable? Is he reversible, too?

Bro, McNabb isn't the answer for this team. Switching the offense to fit an aging player that will maybe get you one winning season is an absolutely ridiculous idea.

McNabb has a good 4 years in him. I don't buy that we have to switch the system either. Before Bret threw his arm out last season he did just fine in the Jets offense despite the fact that he too was a life time West Coast guy.

One winning season is one more winning season then we'll ever see out of Alex too.

But...the Jets sucked last year.

Actually they were 8-4 till Farve got hurt (supposedly) and they finished 9-7.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
IMO not worth it

Nabb is 8 years older than Smith

Nabb had a 60.3 comp % 22 td and 10 picks with a good offense
Smith had a 60.5 comp % 18 td and 12 picks with an offense that was mostly crap

Is that upgrade worth the amount they would want for him I say no way

Can we let Smith have two years to play just once to see what happens, damn!?!

Very true. I am a big Smith supporter so I am on the fence about it. No doubt McNabb has issues, but you do know what you are getting with him, and he brings a ton of playoff experience. Not to mention, that after being in the NFC East all these years, he would probably feast on the defenses in the West.

Alex Smith has a world of potential, and wasnt far off from McNabb numbers-wise, but at this point we dont know if he is going to progress or regress. If he progresses, we have ourselves a legit playoff-caliber QB. If he regresses, it is going to set the team back unless Nate Davis is an upgrade , or a good QB comes out of FA. Both of those scenarios are unknowns.

Let me put it this way...I wouldnt cry if we kept our QB situation the same, but I also wouldnt cry if McNabb came to SF.
First it would all depend on what they want for him. First rounder no, not this year not next. A second rounder in next years draft next year based on how much he plays, possibly. that is what scares me about him, injury prone now that he is older. That said, he is a veteran and doesn't need to have the offense revamped for him. With him, davis and crabtree and morgan, people will be less likely to stack eight in the box, knowing he is more consistent than any qb we have now. This will give gore more space to run most of the time. especially if we get some good linemen in the draft. DM in turn will be better since not everything will rely on him. This in turn will make the D better.

As for only having 2-4 years left, that is perfect, gives Nate more time to develope.

Again though, a lot of ifs, but it sure wouldn't hurt.

[ Edited by WildBill on Jan 14, 2010 at 14:03:31 ]

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

Bro, McNabb isn't the answer for this team. Switching the offense to fit an aging player that will maybe get you one winning season is an absolutely ridiculous idea.

Well at least someone thought about this before they posted. Alex's PCT was 60.5. Mcnabbs was 60.3. Why trade for a guy who's Pct is worse on a better team with better talent around and a oline who can block. if we traded for mcnabb he have to learn a new play book, it took him forever to learn the west coast what makes you think he's going to pick up the digit system. also he'll be playing with less talent and a weaker oline his pct would be 55.5 at best.

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

agreed, i want to see alex in 2010 before we make any changes in qb. And McNabb isnt worth a 1st round pick which is what they will want imo
crazy line up just being kinda optmistic but if we got mankins/lupati or trent williams with our 1st pick draft cj spiller and then trade our 1st next year for mcnabb our offense would be ridiculous.

mcnabb
v.davis
m.crabtree
j.morgan
f.gore
c. spiller

include the fact that hes burn us for YEARS, would be great to see him on our team, plus allow nate davis to develope yeee
our division would be ours for yeaaaaaaaaaaars
McNabb isn't a 3 and out king
how much analysis or thought do you think these guys put into these comments--not much, i bet---they saythings to fill the air

• jcs
  • Veteran

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

I don't agree...A.Smith is average at best and is IMO never going to take this team to the playoffs.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Worth a trade? F*CK NO!

Well at least someone thought about this before they posted. Alex's PCT was 60.5. Mcnabbs was 60.3. Why trade for a guy who's Pct is worse on a better team with better talent around and a oline who can block. if we traded for mcnabb he have to learn a new play book, it took him forever to learn the west coast what makes you think he's going to pick up the digit system. also he'll be playing with less talent and a weaker oline his pct would be 55.5 at best.

This is a very good point. I wish people would look at this more. I don't think McNabb is the same player he used to be. His accuracy is worse, he's injury prone, he's not as mobile, and he's playing in an offense with a lot of high accuracy passes like slants. Yeah I know they have a lot of stuff for big plays with DeSean Jackson but a WCO is a WCO.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Trading for McNabb would guarantee us the division in my opinion. It would be an outstanding trade.

I'm sick and tired of relying on mediocre quarterbacks to win football games.

I'd rather rely on an aging Donovan McNabb.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Take away Brady and Peyton then look at the super bowl winning QB’s

Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Rothlesbuger
Eli Manning

Ok QB’s with great D’s don't need to waist picks or money on McNabb
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Take away Brady and Peyton then look at the super bowl winning QB’s

Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Rothlesbuger
Eli Manning

Ok QB’s with great D’s don't need to waist picks or money on McNabb

Alex Smith wouldn't lead us anywhere even with the 2000 Ravens defense.

At some point, you need a legitimate quarterback to compete in this league.
Share 49ersWebzone